1. June 8, 2019  

Retri or Dk pvp?

Hello, I'm new here, wanna know your opinion on what should I roll.
    I enjoy playing both the ret and unholy and in the end I intend having both, but I need to choose which one to start with.
    1. Who is stronger in duels?
    2. Who is better at arenas?

2. June 8, 2019  
    For arenas generally i think paladins do better.In duels tho,i have hardest time against dks so hopefuly this answers your question

3. June 8, 2019  
    @ 1. Both are VERY strong in duels. DK is stronger against a larger variety of targets. DK vs Ret in a duel can go either way, but nowadays people seem to swear by Ret winning that 1v1 in particular.

@ 2. Both are very strong in the right comps. DK has a larger selection of comps to choose from and as such, has probably a bit better time reaching the top of the rated arena ladder. Ret is more niche, but it's one of the stronger choices for double-DPS comps in 2's as it can serve as a pseudo healer and provide powerful defensives for their partner.

tldr
    Both are fun, but DK is probably going to serve you better if you want to be competitive.

4. June 8, 2019  
    @ 1. Both are VERY strong in duels. DK is stronger against a larger variety of targets. DK vs Ret in a duel can go either way, but nowadays people seem to swear by Ret winning that 1v1 in particular.

@ 2. Both are very strong in the right comps. DK has a larger selection of comps to choose from and as such, has probably a bit better time reaching the top of the rated arena ladder. Ret is more niche, but it's one of the stronger choices for double-DPS comps in 2's as it can serve as a pseudo healer and provide powerful defensives for their partner.

tldr
    Both are fun, but DK is probably going to serve you better if you want to be competitive.
    Thanks! Love the detailed answer.

5. June 9, 2019  
    DK is harder to play in arena or at least it takes a lot longer. Meanwhile you go play with a hunter or mage and have quick matches as ret in those burst comps.
    Edited: June 9, 2019

6. June 9, 2019  
    As far as duels go, retri paladins are one of the best, if not the best dueling class on 3.3.5. They have a great amount of defensive cds and a great burst if timed correctly. Take into example 1v1 events on Icecrown, you always have a ret pal winning it or atleast ending top 3.
    Dks are great duelers aswell, and shine against casters due to AMS and AMZ. They are overall very good duelers, but imo rets are better if played correctly. Take a good ret and a good dk, its gonna be a long fight but the ret will win most of the duels.
    In Arena, ret paladins are very good, again because of the amount of support they provide (freedoms, sacrifices, tons of defensive cds) and a very good burst.
    Comps that work in arena for ret paladins are:
    2s - ret/hunt, ret/disc (very very strong comp, can win anything if played correctly, but games are sometimes very long), ret/arms, ret/rsham (****tier version of ret/disc).
    3s - PHP (disc/hunt/ret - great comp, high burst great survivability. Homerjay has this comp nailed down to bits, and it works great), Ret/Arms/Disc - a comp specific to the 284 and shadowmourne meta, arms/ret burst is very strong if they can connect to a single target. In general, ur gonna be supporting ur team and doing some mean damage when you have your offensive cds ready.
    Dk comps:
    2s - Dk/Disc, Dk/Pal, Dk/Rsham, Dk/Spr, Dk/Arms etc.
    3s - PHDk (dk/hunter/healer), TSG ( dk/arms/healer), Unholycleave (Dk/spr/healer), Shadowcleave (dk/aff lock/healer), dolamor(unh/ele/healer) etc.
    In general, ur gonna be pressuring and doing a lot of damage, gaining positional advantages with grips/pet stuns and ccing with ur pet, silences etc.

Hope you got an idea of both classes and can make your decision now.