1. June 8, 2019  

PVP Weapon for playing with a Retri 2v2

Hello friends,

I want to start playing in the arena 2v2 with a friend (Retribution Pala)

I did my research and other than SM there is a discussion regarding the second best weapon with Bryntroll and Glorenzelg. I have 23 coins lying around so I want to buy one of the two weapons, but I am not sure what the better choice would be in this situation.
    Glorenzelg has the better damage but I am not sure if it is the preferable weapon for playing with a second DPS in 2v2 arena.

I also read that Bryntroll is bugged, is this true?

So what is currently the top choice for an unholy DK weapon when playing with a retribution paladin?

Also:
    Is it far better if he plays Holy and I go for Glorenzelg?
    Would the choice be the same if we would play 3v3 with something like Holy Pala / Affl lock / unholy?

As a bonus question: what would be the best weapon for my retri buddy except SM?

Thanks in advance!

2. June 8, 2019  
    @ Bryntroll being bugged;
    It has been in the past, but I can't say whether or not it is now. If it works properly, then it's still decent for a DK in terms of longevity of an arena match. But if it's not bugged in a fashion where you can get a lot of procs fairly quickly, it loses out to other weapons against certain comps.

@ Weapon choice when playing with a Ret partner;
    It depends on how the Ret plays, which has an effect on your stats in general, not just your weapon. If your Ret partner plays #YOLO then you can decide to either be more defensive to help the longevity of your comp (although it's more ideal if the Ret does this instead), or you can go in hard on the damage with the Ret and see if you can pop an opponent early or quickly force their defensives.
    If the Ret knows when to burst, when to hide/LoS, when to support you and help you stick to the enemy, then usually you should be able gear a bit more offensively. A Shadowmourne in this scenario is going to be better than a Wrathful weapon or Bryntroll. Whether you should use a Glorenzelg vs a Bryntroll, however, really depends on how long you expect the fight to last. You can start a match out with Glorenzelg, try to nuke the opponent down with your Ret if possible. If not possible, then you can swap for more longevity.

@ Paladin playing Holy if you use Glorenzelg;
    It really depends on what you're up against and what your partner is good at. Ret/DK can be extremely difficult to pull off against certain comps, even if the Ret is really good at supporting you. In these scenarios, it may be best if the Paladin goes Holy. The Paladin playing Holy may make life easier in the long-term as well, since you'll have greater viability against a wider range of comps, but that's not to say you can't play Ret/DK. The comp is still playable.

@ 3's
    If you're playing Unholy with an Affliction lock, Ret doesn't mesh as well. Unholy/Affliction in 3's generally excels at spreading dots around and "rotting" out the enemy team. Which means the Paladin needs to be able to provide sustain/support/heals more than anything. The burst a Ret can provide is still useful in landing a nuke on someone that is heavily covered in dots, but against decent teams, that's not really going to work and it will be the DOTs that do the killing anyways. In this scenario, it is best the Paladin goes Holy.

@ bonus question
    Unfortunately, a good Ret needs to have a few weapons to suit different scenarios. He can start out with a good two-hander (most likely Oathbinder, or maybe a Glorenzelg, tbh), but he will want to eventually build up his repertoire. Which would include a 1h caster weapon with a resilience shield, a resilience two-hander, a full damage stat two-hander (Oathbinder, Shadowmourne, etc) and potentially even a Bryntroll of his own.