1. June 9, 2019  

Raid Finder (icecrown server)

Hello,

I stumbled upon an option in the social pannel-->raid-->open raid browser which allows you to leave some sort of message for a choosen raid (like a billboard), but when I choose a role and check a box to list my name for a raid it says "internal LFG error" as per in this picture https://imgur.com/a/yBDanrH. Would it be possible to fix that and actually impliment a Raid Finder unto WOTLK 3.3.5 patch like in Legion, or atleast some kind of place where people who are online and want to raid can simply leave a message about their specs, gearscores and achievements and wait for someone to invite them, instead of relying on 1 or 2 persons doing the entire job of leading a raid, finding people, forming a group and such.

Here are the reasons why it would positively affect the gameplay:
    1) there are a lot of people that spam global and trade chats and it just floods the chat and reduces game experience;
    2) raids would be a lot more productive and less time consuming;
    3) people can use a mix of both Global chat and Raid Finder to fill up raids a lot quicker;
    4) players who can't find a good raiding guild can rely on this option to form solid raid groups;
    5) it would unite the entire server and people will have good game experience together only relying on skills!

Of course, the way Blizzard included this option would mean that there would still be 1 person needed to recruit people to the raid (though I'm not 100% sure how it used to work on retail), but it would make things a lot easier for raid leaders if people were to indicate their Gearscores, achieves and such in the comments in a personal way so that raid leaders can just come, and invite people they need, and then fill up the rest of the group using Global/LFG chats (a mix of both) if needed be.

Since Warmane wants to give players a Blizz-like experience, I believe that we should "turn on the switch" for Raid Finder on this server, especially since new players find it hard to co-ordinate and form a good raid group. Additionally, it would help drastically people who cannot find a good PVE raiding guild to form successful raid groups. This would promote the concept of "pug" raids in a positive way since people can focus more on the actualy gameplay instead of the annoying aspects.

To conclude, I am sure many people like me are tired of searching for a good raid and ending it at the last boss or not even because they either cannot find a good guild, there are incompetent raid leaders or it just simply consumes too much time to find random players and form raid groups.

Kind regards,

oWeirdo2
    Edited: June 9, 2019 Reason: grammatical errors and few adjustments

2. June 9, 2019  
    Since Warmane wants to give players a Blizz-like experience, I believe that we should "turn on the switch" for Raid Finder on this server, especially since new players find it hard to co-ordinate and form a good raid group. Additionally, it would help drastically people who cannot find a good PVE raiding guild to form successful raid groups. This would promote the concept of "pug" raids in a positive way since people can focus more on the actualy gameplay instead of the annoying aspects.

To conclude, I am sure many people like me are tired of searching for a good raid and ending it at the last boss or not even because they either cannot find a good guild, there are incompetent raid leaders or it just simply consumes too much time to find random players and form raid groups.

Kind regards,
    It wouldn't be WotLK blizzlike to implement more advanced LFR feature than it already has. Also, the LFR feature we have, is inferior to global pugs. Where the players have full control on who to take, according to their avg ilvl, itemization and achievements.

LFR would be worse than pug, you'd only get those GS pumping people with mixed gear. LFR was horrible in retail, I don't want anything like that here.

There are a lot of pugs going, you don't need to save yourself on the 1st one you come across. If pug-life doesn't interest you, find a guild that you can raid with.

How you think people who join LFR, or pugs, are any different? What makes you think LFR would offer higher quality raids than a pug raid.

3. Somewhere on the forums there's an addon made by a member that tracks the global chat and shows you a window similar to the LFR window with how many of which spots he has available, what was the gs req, and a note. Look into that, but LFR would be terrible for the reasons OhieMitzen mentioned. It'd be like RDF HC with those cheap 264 boe on every char just to get into the raid.