1. PvP balance

Excluding shamans, druids and hunters, 99,9% of aliance PvP players are humans because of human's racial that is much more better than any other. The only way to balance PvP on the server is to either change human's racial to something else (for example 300 ap/sp for 15 sec) or to allow all races to choose any racial.

Things like mercenary mode or cross-realms do not work, espacially that there are more players from Blackrock /Lorderon in Horde. The reason is simple. Human on Icecrown is the most popular race on the server, that is why there is no need to fill aliance party with players from Blackrock /Lorderon. There are just too much humans on Icecrown. The only way to balance the number of Horde and aliance players, and human and other races is to change human's racial. Otherwise, there will be a huge difference between number of humans and any other race, what means that the difference will be huge between number of Horde and aliance players aswell.

If you change human's racial, the number of Horde and aliance players will be equal after several months. Then, the problem with PvP unbalance will solve itself.

2. Thats not the issue. human race is strong indeed, but its not overpowered.
    The main issue with pvp is the fact that almost every second player has full bis gear, melees have SM, and this is what makes PVP balance bad.
    The game isnt designed to be balanced with every player having bis gear. That is a fact. If coin system would have been restricted to lets say.. 25~ ilvl max, you would notice a massive diffrence in pvp balance. its too late now tho, the money warmane gain from those donations are way too importent for them, and even if they had an alternative for a pvp balance, im pretty sure they wont remove all donated bis gear and compansate the donors for the items bought.
    In conclusion? Deal with it. pvp in this server sucks. im a non donor and i feel your pain, but there is absolutly nothing you can do. (even if i could donate for bis gear, i wouldnt. since it wont change the fact that pvp sucks here.)

Have a nice day.