1. Warmane's 2019 Winterveil Feedback Thread

Purpose of Topic: Winterveil 2019 Event Discussion & Feedback

Instructions: Name Some good and some bad things about this year's event.

Hey guys, made this thread just now to see your current stance on Day 1 of the Winter events this year. For some of you it's day 2 already - I'm aware.

As for me:

The Good -
    - Involves more pug'ing and bringing people together.
    - Unique content, such things are refreshing on servers you've been part of for years.
    - Hilarious quest dialogue for the C. O. C. K. quest line.
    - Purposeful world pvp scenarios.

(WARNING! Spoilers ahead!)

The Bad -
    - Buggy quest - when you are teleported to the floating island above Nagrand to fight the chicken the first time, many people weren't sure where to go, and there was no way to teleport or leave naturally. Our raid ended up hearthing and going to Shatt via dalaran.

- Confusing. With there being multiple copies of NPC's in the world (rudolf for example) it's very difficult to assign 40 people to visit a specific copy.

- the "SWIM. KILL. REPEAT." quest... oh lord. It's so discouraging, when you have a 40 man raid going successfully, and then you have to disband to pick up pearls (because you can't in a raid group.) And then you have to compete against those 40 people to get the Bookworm kill / tag to get the glasses? And the mob is on a long-as-hell 7 minute respawn timer? Effectively, this quest is an RO. For everyone in the raid to get the item, it's about 280- minutes.

NO ONE is going to wait around and let that happen. And many people are going to give up on the quest all-together. This specific part of the quest is an absolute buzz-kill. Just when you got past the buggy part of the quest, past the confusion, downed several bosses, you're then forced to RO because of a single-drop respawn timer of 7 minutes. And not only do you have to compete with your raid, you also compete with ANY OTHER raid doing the same thing, horde and alliance alike. This means all-out war for something that's exceedingly difficult to get to start with, because everyone is at the same level of progress at the same time.

That being said, can we please get a drop that allows an entire party to loot the glasses rather than just one person? That would make it much more enjoyable.

Thanks Warmane for your holiday events, I know you guys work hard on them - and I do appreciate them every year. Keep doing what you do!
    ....... but seriously, fix that particular bump in the road. <3

Happy Holidays!

2. i have to say i am really impressed on how you improved upon last year events.

so far:

forum events are a success imo, they are fun, thrilling and varied enough for everyone to participate.
    i havent tested too much ingame yet (invasion only so far) but im loving what i see. invasion its not pointless nor a farm joke. quests seem funny and atractive and of course, we have gm hoested events!

i really apreciate your effort @warmane staff. keep up the good work!

3. The Glitched Snowman is way to hard atm it needs to be nerfed ppl trying whole day to kill it still zero succes...

4. Happy to report that Warmane has upgraded the insane respawn timer for the Glasses Mob in howling fjord. B) Thanks for that, Warmane Staff!

Got my glasses very quickly today.

5. The "Who the hell is **** quest" is bugged af. ppl have no idea what to do on any of the quests since theres no guide or anything. I like the idea of having a quest chains but it is really confusing and ppl spam questions on how to do quests etc

6. Hi there, not sure if this is the right place for this but i would like to make a suggestion w.r.t. the EoF world boss event.
    The number of people participating is very large and as a result it is very hard to get a spot in a raid and when you do, you have to ninja the boss off a competing raid (this also makes it hard to host your own raid).
    Don't get me wrong, i love the event and it's very helpful for both new and old players but would it possible to increase the number of zones these bosses spawn in?
    Thanks and happy holidays!

7. I pray to god that EoF event will NEVER happen again. By far THE WORST event ever. Allow fresh 80s gain every single eof item. Where is fun in that? It COMPLETELY destroys progression on Lordaeron. Why Lordaeron? Because progression on Icecrown is non existent. Shadowmourse can run through IC with 4k.

8. ok so, i posted an answer quite early into the event. i would like to now post a deeper response, having experienced most of the contet of the events.

i'll start with the most controversial event: the invasion (also known as EoF Farm)

Spoiler: Show
    this event allowed players from both factions to farm emblems and grind stuff very quickly. It was, for the most part, fun. in my opinion it was an improvement from last year's invasion due to 2 major changes:
    1st: the re-adjustment of the eof drop (from 1 boss kill (maybe) to 100% chance of 2 eofs per boss kill + some minor drop chance of eof on adds)
    2nd: the addition of more zones per invasion (from 4 from last year if i remember correctly, to 5 this year)

these 2 changes allowed more players from both factions to participate on this event.

however, as was stated above, it had 2 major flaws:
    1st: it was camped by multiboxers. yes, we know warmane allows them, im not going to open a debate on that, but when an entire zone is camped by 3 multiboxers (and i saw it happen a lot) it means 3 real life players are taking a zone that would otherwise be contested by 120 real life players. quite a downgrade from what was expected i believe.
    2nd: eof drop chance is quite hard to balance, last year was too little, this year was too much. farming 100 eofs per character during the event is one thing. farming 2500 is a very different one. in order to have a more balanced "invasion" or "eof farm" event on future years we need to have a cap on the events farmed. as it happens, we DID have a cap some years ago, during the COW EVENT, where once the raid was cleared you actually had to wait until all raids reset in order to enter again. this could be used as a mean to stop players from abusing the event and farming eofs non stop for its duration

2nd: the "quest chain" or "boss-mount drop" event

this event was, in my opinion, the best choice for players. it allowed them to experience a bit of everything. pve, pvp, quests, grind, and had good rewards (in form of rare or hard to obtain mounts)

personally, i would not change the way on how this event works for future years, and im looking foward to seeing it on 2020 end-of-the-year events

one tiny detail about this event: having to fight a mbx to reach the NPC on a 1v40 basis seems quite unfair, maybe put it in a no-pvp zone next time? (the npc, who gives quest only)

last but not least, the forum events:

another year, another set of forum events, this time we had the clasic "legendary weaponsmith" and "the detective" events as well as some new or revamped ones, such as the co-op and the seasoned explorer ones

i really like these events (i have participated on them all) but i feel like most of the community does not event realize they exist (seriously, some events had just 4 participants). maybe announcing them ingame can help bringing more players to participate? lets hope so.

all in all, i believe this was by far the best year for both ingame and forum events, and a definitive improvement from last year. also, i apreciate the fact that warmane staff actually heard the community's voice and made some adjustments on the events.

Warmane Staff, Thank You, and keep up the good work!