1. Multiboxing 25 man

Hello guys,

Im new to multiboxing and im happy to start this kind of gameplay. Actually my old pc is dying, so I would like to buy a new one.

For Wowtlk, some people can suggest me what to get to play 25 toons ?

Thanks for help

LOVE MULTIBOXING ;)

2. What is your budget?
    excluding budget for monitor, mouse and keyboard.

3. around 700-800 euros excluding budget for monitor, mouse and keyboard.

thanks for your reply :)

4. Removed my recommendations to avoid confusion. My specs worked fine for TBC but appear to not be enough for WOTLK, Please see Pidgeonlords comments in the next post!
    Edited: June 21, 2019 Reason: Bad advice for the topic at hand lol

5. Thanks for help NahNahNahNah

6. While I can't speak for WOTLK specifically, I did run a 30 man multi-box set up using a single machine and HotKeyNet to farm MC rep when I was bored on a former TBC server. My machine had decent specs at the time but todays hardware would blow it out of the water. So if you can beat these specs (which should be easy) you should be okay... Some of my technical info below.

CPU: I5-2400
    GPU: Dual 570 Ti in SLI

I ran all the slave toons at the lowest settings in tiny windows on a 2nd monitor. I normally kept them all visible but VERY small. I also ran my main toon at the lowest settings possible but in a higher resolution.

I havent multiboxed in years so I don't have any experience with current hardware. But again, the above specs worked for me with a 30 man set up during TBC so I imagine anything newer would work just fine.

Hope that helps!
    I don't recommend this as this hardware won't let you box 25 on wotlk (icecrown) prolly not even 15 (fluently)

My old 7700k cpu @4.5 ghz ran 25 but not as stable as I wanted them to.

I suggest a ryzen cpu with atleast 8cores 16threads. Ryzen will release new cpu's in july that are looking very promising, I suggest you look into those.

As for GPU, you don't need much, 1060 (6gb vram one) / 1070 should do just fine. I don't recommend SLI.

As for ram I suggest 32gb

Keep in mind that you could run 25 with lower hardware but I don't recommend it, the gameplay experience will be really bad. Imo you wanna box with minimum 30 fps on main toon and you don't wanna drop under 5 fps on slaves or your follow will break all the time.

7. I don't recommend this as this hardware won't let you box 25 on wotlk (icecrown) prolly not even 15 (fluently)

My old 7700k cpu @4.5 ghz ran 25 but not as stable as I wanted them to.

I suggest a ryzen cpu with atleast 8cores 16threads. Ryzen will release new cpu's in july that are looking very promising, I suggest you look into those.

As for GPU, you don't need much, 1060 (6gb vram one) / 1070 should do just fine. I don't recommend SLI.

As for ram I suggest 32gb

Keep in mind that you could run 25 with lower hardware but I don't recommend it, the gameplay experience will be really bad. Imo you wanna box with minimum 30 fps on main toon and you don't wanna drop under 5 fps on slaves or your follow will break all the time.
    Thanks for the clarification on the hardware. I had only done it in TBC and again had no issues with framerates on my slaves or master but again, that was just TBC. Luckily that old hardware is easy to beat :D. Surprised you had such issues on a 7700k. In what state were you running your slaves under?

8. Thanks for the clarification on the hardware. I had only done it in TBC and again had no issues with framerates on my slaves or master but again, that was just TBC. Luckily that old hardware is easy to beat :D. Surprised you had such issues on a 7700k. In what state were you running your slaves under?
    Normally I box with 30fps main 12 fps slaves.

And no its no surprise, icecrown is crowded as hell the 7700k would just start throttling in major cities/wg. 4cores 8 threads is just too little to box 25 (stable)

Keep in mind, boxing in open world / starter zones / non crowded areas might give you the idea you're running them stable but it really doesn't mean much untill u hit a city or when in combat or boxer vs boxer.

9. Hi, is multiboxing actually allowed in Warmane? :O

10. Hi, is multiboxing actually allowed in Warmane? :O
    No. This sub forum is just a visual bug.

11. Hi, is multiboxing actually allowed in Warmane? :O
    Yes, realms have blizzlike rules here.

They sort of frown on running 3x 40 man teams at once (as people have done) because it can lag the server out too much, but any reasonable setup is fine.

12. No. This sub forum is just a visual bug.
    I appreciate you