1. Shadow Priest PvP on WotlK

yo, recently i created a SP to do some PvP and..
    Well mostly im playing a fmage/destro warlock and i wonder if there is ANY challenge in playing a shadow priest?
    I dont want to complain or attack any of SPriests but really, all i learned by playing other casters just made this class easy as hell for me, the positioning, pillaring ETC. is the only thing i need to know here
    the whole mechanic is pretty much e a s y and i dont see any challenge/possibilities by playing this class
    as a fmage or even a destro lock I can **** other classes even without gear IF PLAYED WELL (especially mage)
    but on my SPriest i feel like im pretty much gear depended and thats all.. nothing MORE I can do
    and my question is:
    Am I missing something? i really like the class fantasy/its really fun to play but i dont see any skill possibilities here:(
    (i did not mean to provoke any of you guys)
    EDIT: I just dont feel like Im improving

2. if you're playing 2's and already tried out most famous comps (spr, shatter, uh dk/sp) and managed to play them all well, then maybe try different ones on either 2s or 3s.

imo shadow priest is mainly a timing class, since the difference in skill level is found there, determining when you use things and how/why. Like, how often are you able to really pull off a SWD? or how often do you OOM? etc etc

really, if there's any class that can be considered a 2 button class it's ret pally, not sp

3. if you're playing 2's and already tried out most famous comps (spr, shatter, uh dk/sp) and managed to play them all well, then maybe try different ones on either 2s or 3s.

imo shadow priest is mainly a timing class, since the difference in skill level is found there, determining when you use things and how/why. Like, how often are you able to really pull off a SWD? or how often do you OOM? etc etc

really, if there's any class that can be considered a 2 button class it's ret pally, not sp
    While i agree in general, i disagree with the ret statement, its a very hard class to play properly(!). A lot harder then lets say a warrior or a DK (since you have offensive as well as defensive gameplay). In a arena i mean, in a bg u press what lights up and enjoy top damage and top kills.

//

And yeah, because spriests dont have spamable cc and as many kiting tools it can seem very "welp, i pressed everything, i guess i die, couldnt do anything" or "i just tanked them all and then we won", however as the quoted guy said, its all very timing dependent. Especially since due to how spriest comps work its often not really apparent if you did something right or wrong (you may survive at 50% health with silence, but perhaps you could have survived with 10% and healed up, then you lose 30 seconds later where silence could have saved you - but it just seems like there was nothing to do, but you could have saved silence earlier on and ultimately won.) You just dont have a myriad of buttons like a mage or lock and always the imediate feeling of "well, i could have done that".

And you also still have the whole healer skillset come into play, dispels, dodging cc, offhealing properly, staying alive and so on.

In general, and in 1v1s especially a whole lot of the spec comes to outliving and outdamaging the other guy. Makes it amazing at world pvp though.

4. Retri, dk and shadow priest are the easiest classes ingame, with the lowest skill floor / cap. Warrior is already harder, you gotta to stance dance.

@OP So yes, you may still have room to improve in some aspect, but that's it.

5. Retri, dk and shadow priest are the easiest classes ingame, with the lowest skill floor / cap. Warrior is already harder, you gotta to stance dance.

@OP So yes, you may still have room to improve in some aspect, but that's it.
    Totally disagree, MAYBE DK is pretty easy (a bit, its still hard to play perfectly) but ret/shadow are extremely difficult to play perfectly. They both have to play a few different roles in an arena in a way that most other classes dont come close to, they are healers, support and DPS in once. You have to know how to survive, how to dodge cc and so on while doing offensive preassure as well.

They all hove low skill floors because you can get pretty far just by doing damage and pressing major cds but they by no means are "easy".