1. Gearing

A huge issue I'm sure we all can agree on is how long it takes in older expacs to gear a character, whether it's for PVP or PVE. A huge issue I'm finding is how long it takes to actually get a fully-geared character. I want to play Prot Paladin casually in BGs and if I was to farm best-in-slot gear, I'd have to farm around 15,000 arena points as well as 281,400 honor. Even with the double flush, 15,000 arena points will take weeks to get, especially if I'm not too high rated. And don't get me started on how long it will take to get 281,400 honor, especially with how ****ty the cross-realm battlegrounds are (9/10 times if you que as Alliance, you get Horde, and 9/10 times Horde loses regardless).

I think a solid fix would just be to make the offset pieces cost less honor or make battlegrounds give x3 or x4 honor; something to make the grinding more bearable. Same thing with the arena points. The x2 flush is nice, but when people are trying to play more than one class it can get hectic trying to grind all of those arenas and battlegrounds each day/week on what is supposed to be a chill, fun server.

People play Blackrock because it's instant 80 and free gear. It's not fun quing at 1500 mmr on an alt and being in (basically) full starter while the other team has full best-in-slot. I get that you as a development team want it to be even (to an extent) because of the cross-realm, but let's face it... 90% of the people you face on this server have best-in-slot gear no matter the server (whether through buying it with euros/USD or having the character for years) If you want more people to come and play the server make it easier for them to start playing. Like I said earlier, it's not fun making a character and getting destroyed because you lack gear to do any "real" damage and you die in 3 seconds for the same reason.

Please respond if you can with your thoughts and opinions and feedback.

2. There is nothing fun about getting best gear in 1 day. And "die in 3 seconds" is obvious and logical thing - created with intent, it is not an accident.

Go Blackrock, get your free gear and live longer than 3 seconds.

Your idea is stupid as hell.

3. Welcome to the world of warcraft.

4. There is nothing fun about getting best gear in 1 day. And "die in 3 seconds" is obvious and logical thing - created with intent, it is not an accident.

Go Blackrock, get your free gear and live longer than 3 seconds.

Your idea is stupid as hell.
    I'm talking about Blackrock lol. Having ToGC/Relentless Gear vs. having Ruby Sanctum/ICC/Wrathful gear is like night and day. I can tell you didn't read the whole thread because I addressed that.

5. I'm talking about Blackrock lol. Having ToGC/Relentless Gear vs. having Ruby Sanctum/ICC/Wrathful gear is like night and day. I can tell you didn't read the whole thread because I addressed that.
    and what about the fresh green/blue guys from Icecrown and Lord? they start with even worse gear than blackrock, stop QQ and start farming theese arena points and honor

6. and what about the fresh green/blue guys from Icecrown and Lord? they start with even worse gear than blackrock, stop QQ and start farming theese arena points and honor
    In an ideal world, the servers aren't linked so a Blackrock player in full 284 gear wouldn't face a fresh level 80 from the other two servers. Or at the very least the server has a system to assort ilvl. And I still want their to be some sort of grind, just not x1 honor. Farming 62k honor at x1 rating when all you do is get put on the Horde side (which loses like 8/10 times) takes forever. And that's just for 1 piece of gear.

7. A huge issue I'm sure we all can agree on is how long it takes in older expacs to gear a character, whether it's for PVP or PVE. A huge issue I'm finding is how long it takes to actually get a fully-geared character. I want to play Prot Paladin casually in BGs and if I was to farm best-in-slot gear, I'd have to farm around 15,000 arena points as well as 281,400 honor. Even with the double flush, 15,000 arena points will take weeks to get, especially if I'm not too high rated. And don't get me started on how long it will take to get 281,400 honor, especially with how ****ty the cross-realm battlegrounds are (9/10 times if you que as Alliance, you get Horde, and 9/10 times Horde loses regardless).

I think a solid fix would just be to make the offset pieces cost less honor or make battlegrounds give x3 or x4 honor; something to make the grinding more bearable. Same thing with the arena points. The x2 flush is nice, but when people are trying to play more than one class it can get hectic trying to grind all of those arenas and battlegrounds each day/week on what is supposed to be a chill, fun server.

People play Blackrock because it's instant 80 and free gear. It's not fun quing at 1500 mmr on an alt and being in (basically) full starter while the other team has full best-in-slot. I get that you as a development team want it to be even (to an extent) because of the cross-realm, but let's face it... 90% of the people you face on this server have best-in-slot gear no matter the server (whether through buying it with euros/USD or having the character for years) If you want more people to come and play the server make it easier for them to start playing. Like I said earlier, it's not fun making a character and getting destroyed because you lack gear to do any "real" damage and you die in 3 seconds for the same reason.

Please respond if you can with your thoughts and opinions and feedback.
    Spoken like someone who just wants free easy gear. Guessing you never played retail, if you dont like how long it can take to gear i suggest you just find a different game.

The prices on gear are the same as WoTLK retail, like it supposed to be

8. Spoken like someone who just wants free easy gear. Guessing you never played retail, if you dont like how long it can take to gear i suggest you just find a different game.

You just can't compare retail to a private server, it's totally different in many aspects. And I confirm this, it's a nightmare to gear up as horde from Icecrown or Lordaeron, the win ratio is around 20%, that's not normal anywhere, the imbalance is real and it takes over 300 BG's which you'll lose over 200 to get the full gear. And when I say losing, I don't mean losing AB for 1500-1600 or wsg 3-2. I'm talking about 1600-0 3-0 and getting graveyard farmed on 90% of the BG's. It's simply not fun at all and unplayable.

9. I'm talking about Blackrock lol. Having ToGC/Relentless Gear vs. having Ruby Sanctum/ICC/Wrathful gear is like night and day. I can tell you didn't read the whole thread because I addressed that.
    No, it's not that bad. I bet with equally skilled players one with relentless, depending of class, could show decent game, even present danger, despite being at disadvantage. Saying that you can't survive 3 seconds with relentless gear is crazy, probably it a sign that you need to play more and learn to recognize situations and know what you have in kit to play.

I doubt that mega-op-RS gear would help you much.

10. We also have to take in consideration the sabotage as it was mentioned before but it wasn't taken seriously. Obviously some BG's are harder to sabotage than others, but the sabotage is real:

Spoiler: Show

There is a large amount of players that just afk, and when they get tagged to leave they just chase anyone give him couple of hits and go back to afk.

11. Spoken like someone who just wants free easy gear. Guessing you never played retail, if you dont like how long it can take to gear i suggest you just find a different game.

I did play retail infact. I have no problem with retail being that way. I played Sunwell too and grinded all my gear for my 3 alts. The issue is, is that people were at the same pace as me. People were grinding Relentless gear to Wrathful gear at the same time I was. I log onto Blackrock, an instant 80 server meant for arenas, and I'm at 5500 gearscore while everyone else is 6300+. Doesn't matter how well I play, 9/10 you lose. I can't even get to do soloq on my Priest because you need two BG wins to enter soloq, and I'm 0-9 in BGs because I just get Horde and like we keep saying... Horde doesn't win.