1. Banned for Ninja Looting, erm what ?

Hey. So I've had this account banned for ninja looting - Can you please elaborate? I have been playing here for over a year now on the TBC server, my toon is named Nathrezima, and I am in guild Oasis.

I never ninja looted anything, and I am very much against it.

Please Explain to me what is going on lol

2. You can open an appeal under My Account -> Support

3. If you pressed "Need" on an item that you did not intend to use for your current spec, it can be considered ninja looting. Even if it's a green item for disenchanting or selling. Ban reason should specify if it happened in a raid or dungeon.

You can make a ban appeal using support system on website here but ban appeals are lowest priority and usually take around a week so there is no point in doing that if your ban is for ninja looting in dungeons, which is usually 1 week ban.

4. I think I know what the issue here is....

I do a lot of heroics on this server, always has. Yesterday evening I did a heroic with a bunch of Russian speaking players. I asked on beforehand of the dungeon run, if I could disenchant loot. The druid in the party typed OK

When we reached the last boss, I again as per custom ask if anyone want any loot or if I can disenchant everything. The druid again answers OK and no one else responds. So I draw the logical conclusion that I can disenchant everything, and thus proceed to do so.

Then a person in the group writes NINJA, and he does this many times after I ask why he says this, and while I try to explain that I asked if anyone need loot, and that the Druid said OK for disenchant, and no one else responded. But the player, whos name I do not remember just keeps writeing NINJA.

I ask people to roll for the shards and give the shards and Void to the winners of the rolls. The person who wrote ninja does not roll, so I send him a shard.

It seems to be you banned me because of a person who has told you a different version of this story. I really do not think that it is fair, that I should be banned because another person is speaking another languange, thus preventing him from ever understanding ( is my interpretation of these events) what I try to explain to him.

Please unban me, I hate ninja looting and I am a big contributor to your server, I do a lot of heroic to help other people and also low dungeon boosts. A lot of people on this server can vouch for me.

Please unban me, this is a huge midunderstanding...

5. I have been playing and donating a lot to this server over the last year. This is not right guys, this ban is not fair and if it goes on for it'
    s fully intended length I'm probably gonna find somewhere else to spend my money, cuss this just can't be right.

6. I don't remember what options are available in TBC but isn't there a "Disenchant" or at least "Greed" button that can be used for that? Or if you are master looter, let people roll on each item separately to make sure nobody needs it.

7. This function is not available in TBC. The issue in this particular situation is a misunderstanding between language. I am fully aware of the master looter functionality, but 99 % of the time, written agreements is what counts in the heroics that I have done over the last year on this server. This single time, the written agreement was for one player not understandable, and I assumed it was since he did not say anything at the given point of time, at all.

8. I have been playing and donating a lot to this server over the last year. This is not right guys, this ban is not fair and if it goes on for it'
    s fully intended length I'm probably gonna find somewhere else to spend my money, cuss this just can't be right.
    Your only option to reduce ban duration is ban appeal. But as I said before, there is no use of it if it's 1 week ban.

9. So Moderators won't read this and act to my benefit? I Find that very, very strange. If that is the case, this ban system does not work at all, and I will basically be forced to not play with people whom I can't write English with, once my ban is ended, to avoid having to put up with this sort of situation again? That does not seem like a very constructive, fair or justice-filled way to handle these kinds of situations, to be honest.

10. This function is not available in TBC. The issue in this particular situation is a misunderstanding between language. I am fully aware of the master looter functionality, but 99 % of the time, written agreements is what counts in the heroics that I have done over the last year on this server. This single time, the written agreement was for one player not understandable, and I assumed it was since he did not say anything at the given point of time, at all.
    "Disenchant" button might not be there in TBC but seems like "Greed" button should be there.

11. So Moderators won't read this and act to my benefit? I Find that very, very strange. If that is the case, this ban system does not work at all, and I will basically be forced to not play with people whom I can't write English with, once my ban is ended, to avoid having to put up with this sort of situation again? That does not seem like a very constructive, fair or justice-filled way to handle these kinds of situations, to be honest.
    Moderators can't do anything about it. There is nothing you can do about your current ban. Best way of avoiding such situations in the future would be making sure nobody needs that specific item before you take it for disenchanting. Either with group loot (or need before greed, if that's what's available in TBC) and "Greed" button or with master loot and letting people roll for the item for main spec, off spec and then for disenchanting.
    Edited: June 17, 2019

12. That is true there is a GREED button, I misunderstood what you wrote as the system in wotlk.

There's nothing to be done here.

I will just endure my super fair 5-day ban, and not play with people that I can't speak English with.

Everybody loses.

Sorry for wasting your time.