1. Some questions about Fury warrior in PVE

I've just started doing ICC 25's each week on my warrior so this is a good time to get some deeper knowledge into the class so I don't make noob mistakes. Hoping someone with more experience could answer a few questions I have.

1: Firstly, I've a hard time knowing when it's safe and not safe to use Cleave without risking getting aggro or ****ing something up. For example is it safe to Cleave when adds spawn on Saurfang or the ghouls on LK phase 1? Any big "no no"'s when cleaving or aoe in general?

2: How come some of the BIS items seem to favor agility over strength? For example Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance instead of Might, or Vereesa's Dexterity over something like Winding Sheet. Does crit affect dps more than AP?

3: I see some warriors prepot and pop CD's before the pull, and some a few seconds into the pull after trinkets pop. Deathwish and Recklessness both cause a GCD, so it worth using them before the pull or after it in terms of maximum dps? Do I save the cooldowns for Hero/BL if they can only be used once in the fight?

4: On paper it looks like Demo Shout barely does anything significant, is it really worth it to keep it up?

5: Is Improved Intercept a really bad talent? I've never seen any warrior take it but I can think of at least a few scenarios where multipe intercepts in a short time could be useful.

6: This one is stupid but how do I know which abilities are interruptable with pummel or shield bash? Any key abilities I'm looking for to interrupt in ICC?

7: If the tank is a warrior, is it common for the tank to keep SA up?

That's all I could come up with at the moment

2. I've just started doing ICC 25's each week on my warrior so this is a good time to get some deeper knowledge into the class so I don't make noob mistakes. Hoping someone with more experience could answer a few questions I have.

1: Firstly, I've a hard time knowing when it's safe and not safe to use Cleave without risking getting aggro or ****ing something up. For example is it safe to Cleave when adds spawn on Saurfang or the ghouls on LK phase 1? Any big "no no"'s when cleaving or aoe in general?

2: How come some of the BIS items seem to favor agility over strength? For example Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance instead of Might, or Vereesa's Dexterity over something like Winding Sheet. Does crit affect dps more than AP?

3: I see some warriors prepot and pop CD's before the pull, and some a few seconds into the pull after trinkets pop. Deathwish and Recklessness both cause a GCD, so it worth using them before the pull or after it in terms of maximum dps? Do I save the cooldowns for Hero/BL if they can only be used once in the fight?

4: On paper it looks like Demo Shout barely does anything significant, is it really worth it to keep it up?

5: Is Improved Intercept a really bad talent? I've never seen any warrior take it but I can think of at least a few scenarios where multipe intercepts in a short time could be useful.

6: This one is stupid but how do I know which abilities are interruptable with pummel or shield bash? Any key abilities I'm looking for to interrupt in ICC?

1) It's usually safe to cleave trash like 3-5 seconds after tank pulls. On DBS I would say it's fine all the time. And on LK it depends on your guilds tactic. You can either cleave ghouls or rely on LK dot to do it for you together with ragings in 1st transition.

2) Agility items are mainly just better itemized for dps. There is hidden a thing called item budget (how much total stats does item of certain item level give) and plate gear has more of this budget "wasted" in providing more stamina.

And they also tend to favor arp.

3) Depend on fight duration. If you can fit your CDs multiple times, do it. If only once than during hero. Best prepot is armor potion and then haste pot before 2nd CDs. I wouldn't use deathwish before fight, but during 1st free in rotation. You can use recklessness before there is nothing to loose.

4) Yes it is very much worth it. It provides 10% damage reduction when untalented and 16% with talents.

5) I like it, especially on lady, bpc, sindra and lk. It provides faster target switching and more boss uptime.

6) Almost nothing. Pretty much only lady frost bolts and most trash abilities. Blizz ui should turn cast bar grey if it's not interruptible I believe.

7) Yes, it's also applied by devastate which is their filler.

Hope this helps :-)

3. Clear and concise, perfectly answered. Many thanks!

4. 1: ask the raid lead if melee should cleave on P1. if he says yes, cleave to your hearts content.

2: plate gear has 4 stats. leather has 5 stats. mail has 6, but warriors dont need intellect. because of this, plate gear has more of its stats concentrated into stamina. with the ashen ring example, you lose about 100 ap, 20 stamina, but gain ~3% crit from the agility, which is a lot. winding sheet vs togc back as an example - sheet has a lot of stats into haste and stamina, and while you get more atk power, you end up needing to gem for more arp making you lose attack power cos of the str gems lost. with the agi back, you gain all beneficial stats and the crit from the agility is practically free, at the cost of some useless haste lost.

plate gear also sucks in icc. there aren’t any 277/284 wrists, back or gloves with strength, crit and arp.

3: stacking cooldowns will always be the highest dps output, but the answer depends on fight length. and mechanics. putricide is somewhere you wanna save cds for a specific point, dbs and fester not so much. prepotting is something you do before fight so that your next pot cd is reset earlier than if you chugged the pot when combat starts.

4: demo shout, fully talented, is a 100% necessary for tanks. it’s like a tank would have a couple of thousands of armor more. however, you don’t need to worry about keeping it up unless the main tank is a DK, the off tank is not hitting the boss and you’ve been assigned to this duty.

5: it’s good utility for just 1 point. take it if you see it useful

6: just on lady and DKs should take this duty cos their mind freeze costs no resource and is off gcd

7: yes warr tanks need to sunder for threat. if no prot warr, then it’s the fury warriors’ duty to make sure 5 stacks stay on boss all the time except on PP P1 and 2 (abom does sunder on boss here)
    Edited: June 20, 2019

5. I've just started doing ICC 25's each week on my warrior so this is a good time to get some deeper knowledge into the class so I don't make noob mistakes. Hoping someone with more experience could answer a few questions I have.

You cleave everything exept on DB, adds has a buff like hunter pets have that reduce 95% AOE dmg, that inclused cleave so your dmg will be very little, on the other hand you risk draging aggro from blood beast, everytime a blood beast hit someone it give DB rage (he has a purple bar or rage) everytime that bar reach 100 it will throw mark of the fallen champion on someone on the raid, if a person dies with that mark on him it will heal DB for 20% of his max HP, so melees NEVER hit blood beast for that sole reason. On other bosses go ham cleaving but always give tanks 1 or 2 GCDs of agro b4 you start doing cleaves.

Agi items are for extra crit, most of time you use agi hands, cape, 1 ring (rep str ring + agi arp ring OR rep agi ring + arp str ring) bracers. The str EOF cape is used only when you need to cap expertice which should come from T10 pants + arp neck or glorenzerg.

Prepot armor potion for extra 92ap (from t1 fury talent which gives you AP from armor) If you use it on combat you wont be able to use a second one since potions CD count down wont start during combat, so you pre pot because of that.
    Recklessnes last 15 secs so pre cast it to secure instant deep wounds right of the bat.
    Deathwish should never be precasted, the optimal situation for DW is when your trinkets get activated over an already used heroism. Heroism/BL last 40 secs so you have a nice window to look for the optimal death wish.

Do never waste GCDs on demo shout, it lowers like 550 AP from bosses that have at least 50k attack power (DB 25hc has 77.5k attack power) demo shout is just a complete waste.

Do never take improved intercept but you should take Heroic Fury (talent that resets intercept CD and also act as a trinket to get free of snares and roots) Good on valithria where you get slow a loot and need to stop multiple fire mages casts of "lay waste" the skill that burn mana from the raid, also to move faster from one stack of supressers to another.

On DB ive found myself saving multiple casters by intercepting blood beast for the stun it does.

On LK you can stun valkyrs with intercept

On sindra you can change from side to side faster as needed to DPS icetombs.

On marro i always intercept that bone spike that is most far away and also not being hit by anyone for the same reason and go back to boss by another instant intercept.

On lady youre hitting lady but you can intercept to trash to kill it and even interrupt "hammer" cast that kill most of melees and then go back to boss asap with another intercept.

On PP you can intercept ooze (you need to wait it to cast on someone else ofc otherwise is suicide) and go back to boss asap with another intercept.

And so on, that skill gives you mobility, something very useful if you learn how to use it.

There is 2 kinds of cast bars. One if normal cast bar that can be interrupted by pummel, shirld bash, kick, etc. The other one cannot be interrupted, to identify its simple. That cast bar has a silver frame arround it, if the silver frame is not there, you can interrupt it.

To know how it looks that silver frame just target yourself and cast mount and you will see the silver frame arround the cast bar.

If a warrior is tanking you can completely ignore SA since prot warriors use Devastate very often which has sunder armor built in it so theres no reason to use Sunder armor if a warrior is tanking, he will take care of it inevitably due to his rotation being something like: Shield slam + devastate + revenge+ devastate+ devastate+ devastate. and repeat. (ofc is a little deeper than that cause devastate can reset shield slam CD but you get the point, they use devastate nonstop.)

Hope it works for you mate.

6. Just to clarify one question that have been answered wrongly.

Its never a waste, if it improves the quality. You dont ve to be endgame geared to tank endgame raids but the reason you get better items is due to have more comfortable raid environment. Believe or not, its these little details that sometimes saves the raid when a tank barely survives unlucky hit/s with like 500-1000hp. I suggest you to get 5/5 imp demo for good on fury.