1. Suggestion for shop PVP gear (WotLK)

First of all, I want to make clear that I have absolutely nothing against people who donate to get gear since thanks to them this server is free to play. However, when donations can get you ANY kind of gear it defeats the entire purpose of climbing in arena, proving your skill and being proud of it.

With the current shop system there's no way to tell who's good and who's not just looking at their PVP gear (unless you check their achievements and highest arena stats), which is quite sad in my opinion. Nobody can be proud of reaching high MMR in arena and be able to purchase certain item since literally anyone can buy such item instantly without even having to step into the arena.

Now, obviously this server needs people who donate, otherwise it is unsustainable. So, here's my suggestion in order to give credit to all those players who trully excel in real competitive environments, as well as rewarding people who support the server economically: changing shop so that donators can only purchase arena items that require 1800 or lower arena MMR. This would mean that head (1950 MMR), shoulder (2000 MMR) and improved weapon (2200 MMR in 3v3 or 5v5 arena brackets) would only be available for arena players that reach the required MMR. This way, donators would still be almost full wrathful, and the people who actually work their way up in the arena would be rewarded for it.

Make the game more meaningful and rewarding, let the players have something to fight for.
    Edited: June 19, 2019

2. Unfair starter-gear advantage for Horde.

Hello everyone.
    I play warrior fairly often and there is a dissadvantage for horde to roll a new warrior.
    Basicly there are 2 items missing from shop or not as strong as the allaince counterpart.
    Horde does not have an equql counterparts to [Armguards of the Nether Lord] heroic and [Justicebringer] heroic.
    so i get slightly better stats in allaince starter warriors then i do on horde.
    As any warrior knows, they are very gear dependant, so even mirror disadvantages like 10resi or 1%Arp can make a diffrence.
    Thank you for reading.
    (i realize these diffrences could make or break maybe one game in a couple hundred, but it still seems unfair).
    Greetz Poledile.

3. boo hoo hoo :'(

thats the most dumbest thing that I have ever seen! Just let you know that I've seen non-donors with bis gear (sm included as well) that 'losing' in 2s just to decrease their mmr rating, so they can farm nablets in 2s again. That being said, if you do 2s and u try hard to get wf gear, some dumb f**** with bis items, will beat the **** out of you. No matter whats ur mmr rating, u will always meet bis players that they never ever donated for gear.

I remember when I've stepped into arena, long time ago, with my rogue (max 5k gs), we had to fight against war sm and pala holy, both were non donors. ( i believe they've sold some chars from lord realm)

The real problem is, ppl lose in 2s just to decrease their mmr. Thats the ****ing reality..is not about the donation shop ..not at all. Few days ago, I've seen in battleground a bis shammy (ele spec) 0-72 2s score...excuse me but wtf is that s.hit?
    Edited: June 20, 2019

4. So when the arena flushes you're also supposed to lose all the gear? Let's put the same requirement for all other items, you can't buy ICC items until you've done that boss.
    BS suggestion. The shop is there as is, it'd be unfair if some players had access to some stuff, while others didn't.

Also, @Silipwn: The hell you talking about? Horde has https://www.wowhead.com/item=48008/a...he-nether-lord as the wrists, and https://www.wowhead.com/item=47285/dual-blade-butcher as the weapon. Before you complain google it, they're both on the store, same price. It's the TOC gear that had different models/names for each faction.

5. @Vylex,

With all due respect, I'm not sure if you understood what the post was about. All I want is the shop to not sell the top 3 PVP items (head, shoulders and 3v3/5v5 weapons) so that a player can only have such items if they played arena and were high rated.
    Edited: June 20, 2019

6. @Grobain161,

"So when the arena flushes you're also supposed to lose all the gear?"

No, If you bought the best PVP gear because of high MMR (or because you donated) you can always wear them, even if there's a new season.

"Let's put the same requirement for all other items, you can't buy ICC items until you've done that boss."

This looks fair to me? Whatever that makes the server more similar to how WotLK used to be 10 years ago on Blizzard servers. I don't know much about PVE which is why I haven't talked about it in this post, but that change seems pretty decent.

"BS suggestion. The shop is there as is, it'd be unfair if some players had access to some stuff, while others didn't."

What exactly do you mean not every player has access to some stuff? Arena is a fair mode and is open to everyone (you only need level 80). Everyone has equal chance of getting high MMR in arena and buy the best pieces of gear.

7. Sounds good, doesn't work.

You have to consider the fact that this is a fairly old server. There's people that's fully geared legit and whenever the season resets is inevitable that you'll find them at 0 rating up to the highest. With that being said, adding what you suggest would turn arenas into a reseved vip place for the ones that obtained gear. I'm not saying that it's impossible to gear legit, but we gotta admit that it's tough regardless of your skill.

In example it doesn't matter how skilled you are with a warlock, if you are furious/relentless and a BiS warrior charges you on top of your portal if you are playing double DPS you are 100% dead, it doesn't matter that you are multiglad, you're simply dead. You won't survive the bladestorm and if you manage to get away, chances are that you'll be out of sight from your partner and that you'll die from bleeds. So no, this system wouldn't work, in fact it would make it worst.

As it has been mentioned and as I have mentioned in other threads the real problem when it comes to arenas on this server is simple: Scripts and MMR droppers. If you want to fix the arenas on this server, get some recording program and start reporting, it's the only way to fix it. Just queue arenas and you'll quickly realize what I say, Warriors interrupting master summoning (0.1s spellcast), rogues auto-blind when coil or stuns, mages instant counterspell when chaos bolt or instant ice cube...etc

At this point is honestly ridiculous the arena situation, but with gear atleast you have a small window to win against these BiS scripters and mmr droppers.

However I would completely agree with you in an ideal world where people had the decency to play without having to resort to hacks and questionable methods in order to compete, shameful nonetheless.

8. @Amdus,

Yeah I've been starting to notice a decent amount of people running scripts. Especially the interrupt script. It's sad to see this happening so often considering it's so easy to detect.