1. PvE Endgame Raiding and the difficult choice for me to make.

A little bit of information before starting: I have a lv21 Rogue (Ench/Mining) and lv31 Paladin ((Herb/Alch)might switch cause not even leveled at all) already with their professions favoring the former.

|| So I have been dwelling on a choice for a while now after joining Warmane and choosing Lordaeron. I can't choose between Paladin and Rogue to play and I wanted some answers that I feel might help impact my decision on the matter. The reasons for each are, for Paladin not only is it a childhood favorite along with Rogue, but it would also allow me to acquire all of the weapons I ambition for. My ambitious dream is to eventually obtain all the possible of Quel'dalar, Val'anyr, and Shadowmourne (the last 2 of which are crazy for me to think about getting but I did say it was an ambitious dream). Paladin would allow me to wield all 3 whenever I wanted, slowly upgrading my arsenal of weaponry throughout the tiers. The reason for Rogue, is mainly because, as stated above, they're a big childhood favorite and were my first character I personally created and played extensively as a child. I would love to live the experience and level to max as a rogue to experience things I couldn't do as a lv43 Rogue (what I recall as the highest I got them as a kid). However, one thought that was plaguing my mind every time I considered choosing Rogue is I'd be missing out on Shadowmourne and Val'anyr.

||Here's my actual question I have: What is the raiding scene like at max level and would it be worth it going through the experience and tribulations to level a Paladin to try for all 3 weapons, or would it be near impossible to obtain Val'anyr and Shadowmourne due to reasons such as there being no ICC buff, so choosing a Rogue would mean I wouldn't be missing out that much in terms of that.

I would appreciate it if you gave your comments below helping to try to answer my question or help me out in some way possible. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance if you choose to comment with helpful answers or advice.

2. I mean everyone needs a good rogue, for paladin on lord i don't know how is alliance side, but holy paladins are always wanted- needed. As for getting all 3 weapons, Quel'dalar is just 10k gold weapon. Other two you can farm but it will take quite a bit of time to get in my opinion, pugging Ulduar25 runs is pretty hard, and idk about getting Shadowmourne, depends how good you are with your guild that you as a new ret would get priority. It is all doable but in my opinion i dont think you're missing out on much if you go rogue.
    Good luck in any case

3. The raiding scene on Lordaeron is hardcore and a lot of guilds are progressing heroic bosses, ultimately aiming to kill the coveted Lich King 25 HC. You can find a lot of guilds that have good organization and commited raiders that try their best.

Coming from someone with 12/12 HC in ICC, I can tell you that all Paladin specs are mostly needed, but you need to commit to one role if you wish to get a legendary weapon. No respectable guild would want to farm two weapons for two different specs for just one person, since effectively you will only be able to provide one such weapon in a raid. The only way I see it possible is for you to be such an amazingly good player that people would want to help you get both because no other player would be worth the weapons.

As for Rogue, it's always nice to have at least one in group because it provides some nice ulitity to the group, and as well, if you are bored, you can always have some fun PvPing with him.

4. I appreciate the somewhat quick response and your comment did open that thought to me that realistically, I would be getting only one of either Shadowmourne or Val'anyr, maybe even Quel'dalar depending on what spec I choose to go into. I'm currently on Prot with my Paladin and enjoying that and thinking of maybe going to 60 at least with Prot because I have fond memories of the capstone in Prot but from Cata when it was a lv30ish skill, though I'm not sure if I'll stay Prot at max level. If I were to set my sights on just Quel'dalar though, signing off Shadowmourne and Val'anyr as either unobtainable due to spec or raiding availability, I might still choose Paladin anyways honestly. Last night I took my Paladin though a dungeon after not playing them for a bit and leveling the rogue, yet had a blast playing them again. I think that feeling is overall just going to improve and strengthen as I get more gear, get into a more active guild (the guild I'm in now is very friendly and helpful, but kinda dead and barely anyone's online when I log in nowadays) and hit Lv80. Besides, just because I'm going to main a Paladin doesn't mean I can't also have a Rogue. They would just be an alt of sorts to level whenever I burn out on my Paladin for a bit I guess.

||So TLDR I guess, thanks a bunch for your comment. I think I'm going to go with Paladin thinking about it in the long run and if you don't mind, do you have any tips on getting into a good guild for raiding or dungeon content ahead of time before I get to Lv80, or maybe could I join yours since it seems like from what you typed you're already in a guild of that sorts. Obviously I'd imagine I wouldn't be raiding from Day One of Lv80, but I'd think being in a guild like that would help when searching for groups and gearing up to get to the point where I can raid. Thanks again!