1. Warlock pvp viability

Hey, relatively, but not entirely new to the game, playing warlock on blackrock

now it isn't really a whining topic, I had some successes as both specs in arena, just asking some better warcloks what am I missing. Question primarily concerns affliction warlock. As destruction, there are definitely some pretty nice combinations, but I prefer playing affliction/feel there is more depth to the class. On blackrock however, there are 7 shadow priests and 5 mages for every warlock, and it seems there is a reason for it. Spriest seems far smoother to play, especially considering there is no pet to deal with, and the class has at least 2 easy ways to regenerate mana, has heals/shield, reset option via dispersion, and insane damage, even if in full resilience gear. Mage is probably the most broken caster if played right, although have weaknesses, and an annoying tbc-like rng to it (like resisting fear four times in a row, etc.). Afflock deals a lot of damage, sure, but it deals damage over time, there is no way to burst with it like a spriest by pressing button 1-2-3, or mage by deep freeze and cc. If playing with a double dps like a rog, there is no way to properly reset/depends on positioning a lot, therefore they prefer to play with mages or spriest, even if in mutiliate spec. When it comes to healer, I struggle against warpals, and generally win if they make some huge mistakes...even if I do everything right, there is no way to keep a pet alive if the warrior's only purpose is to kill the pet - berserk fear immunity and all that, plus ridiculous melee damage. Its not impossible, sure, but very hard, and sometimes I feel destro with its insane burst would serve better with a heal too for those mirrors when I can kill something, although it has its weaknesses too. 3v3 would be better, but I found that soloque is rather hard to progress trough, especially with me being no pro yet, and I have no reliable enough friends to play 3v3 regularily (although in a few matches I did indeed see why afflock is preferred there).

At any rate,t he real question here - what is exactly the point in playing afflock, maybe even destro over spriest or mage? Either their way of dealing damage/cc is indeed better suited for 2s, or people are just lazy to learn warlock? Spriest for one looks like a really one-shot class, and usually the first to die in any arena, but while they are alive, they can do considerable harm, and it also seems that either with a mage or an spriest, it is simply easier to get rating quickly.

2. Warlock is arguably one of the best 2s classes in the game. There have been many rank 1 warlock 2v2 teams throughout warmane's history.

Did you watch the 3v3 tournament? Finals: 0 shadow priests, 0 mages, 1 affliction warlock. I'll let this speak for itself.

Warlock is one of the classes in game that can actually achieve rank 1 in both 2v2 and 3v3.

Arena is not just about being a good warlock, its about being a good team also. A good warlock on a good team can be devastating.

On top of all this warlocks are very good at BGs and 1v1, so they are very good at all aspects of pvp.
    Edited: July 11, 2019

3. Yes, this is what I found out, warlock feels weak when in the wrong team but quite effective with good support. Alas can't really find that many partners to play with these days...