1. AFK reporting in BGs

The AFK report system in BG does not work well, and it often takes too long to boot players who deliberately AFK. I suggest implementing a system that automatically ban those who have been AFK kicked from BGs a certain number of times within a certain time period. For example, getting kicked from BGs through the AFK report system 3 times within a 24 hr period automatically results in a 1 day ban. The ban duration may increase for repeat offenders.

Or, perhaps implement a replay feature similar to that of Starcraft's. After completion of a match, you can submit a ticket with the match ID for GM to review the gameplay. If there are technical limitations, perhaps certain data can be omitted to minimize impact on server load while still preserving the "big picture" so meaningful determination can be made by a reviewer.

2. July 2, 2019  
    I posted this same thing and a mod deleted my post and replied

Originally Posted by Repost
    Hello,

I saw and deleted your thread because we already have a system in place for that, it's just manual and much harsher. You need a few people from the BG to report the person afk (right click in the chat, scoreboard, or unit frame) and they will get a debuff, if they don't engage in pvp combat before it goes off then they're removed from the BG with the deserter debuff. These are also looked into by GMs and banned if it continues.
    They dont seem to care that their system has a gaping flaw and could be avoided using a waterbird.

3. July 2, 2019  
    I suggest implementing a system that automatically ban those who have been AFK kicked from BGs a certain number of times within a certain time period. For example, getting kicked from BGs through the AFK report system 3 times within a 24 hr period automatically results in a 1 day ban. The ban duration may increase for repeat offenders.
    As far as I'm aware, while it doesn't work exactly this way the end results are the same. Making it automated would definitely speed things up, though.

I posted this same thing and a mod deleted my post and replied

They dont seem to care that their system has a gaping flaw and could be avoided using a waterbird.
    I don't remember your suggestion exactly but I do remember it was very similar to the existing system.
    I'm glad to see suggestions for anything as long as they're within our rules and don't exist already.

4. July 2, 2019  
    My suggestion wasnt the same as what was in place and you deleted my post before it got any views. My suggestion was to monitor damage/healing and if they havent been active in any pvp for a % of time, lets say 10% every 5 minutes it will kick you automatically.

Currently players need to report the afkers, then they move 2 feet and the debuff is gone, it never requires combat and even a simple autoclicker can get rid of it, I have no clue as to why you deleted my post after not even reading it.

How often I see people with autowalk on walking into fires in alterec valley is laughable.
    Edited: July 2, 2019

5. July 2, 2019  
    There was-/is-/will be always quite amount of false afk reports with afk-reporting addons, automated systems. And every now and then, there is some hothead in group yelling to report guys who are even top of statistics at the time lol.

So for example, how long is allowed to defend base, towers or gy, at AV,when stealthed enemy just camping there and waiting you to leave is one question?

How about defending Arathi Basin?

I see there is more problems with the guys capping and running in pack around just to lose all :D

Afk is very bad, but i prefer system that is not for one persons, or only automation to decide who really is Afk, and really doesn't do anything. I've seen leaders who just stay inplace reading map and direct current tactics.. afk?

6. July 2, 2019  
    My suggestion wasnt the same as what was in place and you deleted my post before it got any views. My suggestion was to monitor damage/healing and if they havent been active in any pvp for a % of time, lets say 10% every 5 minutes it will kick you automatically.
    So basically an automated version of the existing system to punish everyone who plays defense.
    (Automated in the sense that people tend to report others when they're statistically slacking)

Currently players need to report the afkers, then they move 2 feet and the debuff is gone, it never requires combat and even a simple autoclicker can get rid of it, I have no clue as to why you deleted my post after not even reading it.

How often I see people with autowalk on walking into fires in alterec valley is laughable.
    That's not how it should be working and definitely wasn't the last time my group reported someone AFK because that person was booted while running to find combat. Movement should reset the idle timer and that's about it. I'm going to do some BGs today and check that out though.

I get that people AFKing is beyond frustrating but let's keep in mind how many false positives a suggestion can create, regardless of how much faster it is.