1. July 2, 2019  

Thinking of coming over - questions

Hi all. Currently playing on Icecrown. Enjoying it, but wanted to try out BC. I had played BC YEARS ago, and have a few questions:

1a) Is there a RDF in BC similar to WotLK?

1b) Can you teleport directly into dungeons in BC like you can in WotLK, or do you have to travel to the dungeons?

2) Thinking about what class to pick, and deciding on either druid, paladin or priest. How are these three classes in BC with regards to PVE? I like to tank/heal, as it gives more availability for groups.

3) Gearing. Obviously the gear score will be lower and I've read it isn't as ez mode to get gear like it is on Icecrown. For a casual player, is it possible to reasonably gear up my character through questing/dungeons/crafting/etc, or will I HAVE to raid to get anything remotely worthwhile?

4) If I choose to start up on Outland, and tips you can share? Gold farming, things to avoid, bugs or issues to be aware of, etc.

Thanks!

2. July 2, 2019  
    1. There is no RDF in TBC and it never existed.

2. Priest were much better in tbc for pvp and for pve they are good aswell, paladins are OK for tanking and you can go dps as wlel. Same as druids. Literally everything is playable, but warlocks and priests should be a bit dominant there.

3. If you leveled in Hellfire peninsula, then you already know what items you're going to get from quests. And yes, most are green, blue eventually from some high boss outdoor. You can do rampants dungeons at level 61+, so that's your bet for gear. You will also need to farm those emblems of justice for higher gear.

4. Don't play warrior unless you want hard time leveling, but playing tanks/healers will always put you into a dungeon/raid spot. Those are most needed right now. Gold farming, is farming professions like skinning,mining and then selling copper bar, light leather > 20 stack for 1,40 gold (something like this). You can farm it a lot and sell so that you can get your first mount which is 35 gold learning + 9-10 for mount.

3. July 2, 2019  
    Thanks! I think I might go with priest. My main is druid in Icecrown, but i'd like to try something different (while still being able to pvp and pve).

I do remember playing BC retail as a prot warrior (my brother and cousin needed 1 for their guild), and it was NOT fun (the leveling at least). I think I'll dl the client tonight after work and give it a try (i'm off for 5 days over the holiday).

One last question: I see there is no option for points in the shop for Outland, only coins. If sell some gold on Icecrown, are those coins available for use with my Outland characters?

4. July 3, 2019  
    Thanks! I think I might go with priest. My main is druid in Icecrown, but i'd like to try something different (while still being able to pvp and pve).

I do remember playing BC retail as a prot warrior (my brother and cousin needed 1 for their guild), and it was NOT fun (the leveling at least). I think I'll dl the client tonight after work and give it a try (i'm off for 5 days over the holiday).

One last question: I see there is no option for points in the shop for Outland, only coins. If sell some gold on Icecrown, are those coins available for use with my Outland characters?
    if i had to pick the best pvp healer in TBC i would have to say restro druid!yes priest are great but in pvp ONLY restro druids are crazy good when played right. holy pallys are good healers to even more so in 5v5 and bgs/open world and raids big time tank healers. i said this before but in tbc all classes have atleast 1 if not 2 specs that can be played well in pvp. sure something like holy pally is used more in 5v5 then in 2v2 but that does not mean holy pallys cant do well in 2v2.

a far as your coins?i think if its the same account you can use the coins on whatever toon you want,besides you can always gift coins to one of your toons if its on another account. your toons the same account?you should be all set.

sure warriors are like the hardest class to level but that should not stop someone for playing a warrior if thats what they want even more so on a 5 times xps serve.... besides leveling a warrior can teach someone how to play the class and matter of fact its pretty easy to pick out the experienced warriors from the rest just by watching a bunch of people level.

you going horde or ally?if if you go horde roll healer for pvp you will have moire impact then just another green geared dps standing around.

5. July 3, 2019  
    There are no rewards for points as one of the preconditions to obtaining points is having 1000(?) achievement points, and since achievements doesnt exist in TBC you cant collect them if you only play BC