1. July 2, 2019  

BGs state on Outland

So, I have been playing icecrown for some weeks now with my lock and I crossed the 4k5 GS mark... guess what happened I am now with the full lolmournes bracket. It killed my will to gear up my other dk, mage and paladin.

Are the bgs on outland filtered by gearscore like on icecrown ? I would like to settle there and do some bgs in good conditions.

The GS thing just destroyed my will to gear up my main char (lock) as it is not enjoyable anymore and doubt it will be at max GS considering the high number of BiS plates (if a BiS destro warlock on icecrown can give some insights on this ?)
    Edited: July 2, 2019

2. July 2, 2019  
    not many ppl play on outland anymore, you'll be faced with the same problems if you do get a bg pop there since season 4 gear and sunwell has been out for a year. I stopped playing on it when sunwell came out and bgs back then were starting to take a while. On the site it would normally say 2-4k ppl online, now its less than 1000 so i think you'll be waiting a while for a bg pop on outland

3. July 7, 2019  
    When it comes to gear then TBC is better designed than Wotlk.
    PvE offpieces aren't mandatory in PvP like it is on wotlk the case and the gear gaps are also much smaller. A full s2 geared player for example has as much resilience as a full s4 geared one. Compare that with furious vs Wrath gear in wotlk...
    Different than in Wotlk, you aren't forced to donate to be able to compete with others in PvP. Gearing up is still very grindy and time consuming though, esp the honor farming.

A problem in TBC is the flawed BG queue system. There is no random BG queue so the already small pvp playerbase is divided in 4 isolated BG queues. In consequence there are plenty of empty BGs poping up and it's not really enjoyable to play these 3v5 BGs.
    The implementation of random BGs would solve that issue but it seems like Warmane isn't willing to do that.
    Edited: July 7, 2019