1. July 5, 2019  

Looking for Frostfire PVP Spec

Hello Warmane Mages!

Today I was on youtube watching some videos when this video appeared to me and I decided to check it out.
    Something that caugh my attention was that frostfire pvp spec. i'll put the link below for you. The question is:
    Does someone knows a spec like this and could share with me? I noticed that the guy on the video was using coldsnap instead of living bomb at the 11:07. But he'd just build a tree with combustion + icy veins+ frostshield. But I would like to build a good tree using the spells that I mentioned. I'll thank if you can help me.

Video: https://youtu.be/WC0WVVXHY4k?t=661

2. July 5, 2019  
    I think living bomb was bugged on that server so he was playing without it.

Anyway here it goes:

https://wotlkdb.com/?talent#oZfVffoG0uruMzsxhhfhobu

Its shatter fire spec or elemental as it was called pre-wotlk.

EDIT: Actually you can go for Ice Shards instead of Permafrost.
    You get 150% + 50%(from ice shards) crit damage on ffb and ice lance.
    For example your ffb hits ussualy around 2k.
    Crit will hit for 3k BUT ice shards adds another 50% to base damage so ii will hit for 4k instead.
    Also burnout adds another 25% to base so you will end up critting for 4.5k.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Havent played fire mage in wotlk in years.
    Edited: July 5, 2019

3. July 6, 2019  
    Thanks for replying. Yeah, its nice. But i think that change any spec and put it in the frost shield will make it more survival. Ill test it later :) thanks mate!

Edit: It was not bugged. I think he simply changed the points :)

4. July 7, 2019  
    Frostfire is barely viable in PvP.
    The cast time of FFB is just too long.
    As fire mage you mostly want to use instant spells and cast scorch from time to time to trigger hotsteak. A 20/51/00 fire spec fits much better to that playstyle.

If you want to hardcast spells then you are better of going frost or arcane.
    Bursting single targets quickly down works much better as a arcane mage than as a FFB mage.