1. July 5, 2019  

Spirit items vs Non spirit items?

Hi.

1.Which items will give me more DPS for all specs Leggings of Woven Death+Deathfrost Boots or Lightweave Leggings+Sandals of Consecretion? Generaly speaking should i stack items with spirit or avoid them for max dps? Late game there arent many spirit items so i guess its better to remove Glyph of Life Tap and put Glyph of Imp or Felguard as demo and some other glyph as afll? (with 6k gs glyph of life tap gives like 100sp)

2.Should i use Curse of Agony (if the boss is about to die and there is boomie in raid) as demo or its better to skip it an continue shadowbolting/soulfiering?

3. I also read in one guide that above 3250sp as afll its better to stack haste since its becomes more valuable?

Thanks.
    Edited: July 5, 2019

2. July 5, 2019  
    1. no. Spirit replaces some other stat, so you'll lose either crit, haste or hit, all of which are more important than a little bit of spell power. There's a reason why none of the items in BIS list have spirit on them. You can go full spirit, full SP gems and give the raid the highest amount of SP you can, but that's bs.
    About the glyph, for affliction all other options are BS. Other specs they still lose to Life tap. In raids you'll have plenty of spirit from buffs (Priest, GBOK) so you'll gain almost 100SP from the glyph alone, that's a lot.

2. If the boss will die don't bother, if there's a lot of time, enough to last almost full COA then use it, otherwise don't.

3. That number is pulled out of someone's ***. Guide from 2011. At all gear levels both are very important, I prefer SP so I go for 23SP on reds, yellow is SP+Haste combo.

3. July 7, 2019  
    3. I also read in one guide that above 3250sp as afll its better to stack haste since its becomes more valuable?
    Yeah people really love their arbitrary numbers don't they.

As a spec other than Demo, you'll really only want Spirit if the upgrade is many ilevels higher than your currently equipped piece. That, or if your current piece has excess Hit Rating that you need to get rid of, which can be a situation you sometimes find yourself in while gearing up. As Demo, Spirit pieces are much more desirable of course, for the one obvious reason.

You shouldn't ever be without Glyph of Life Tap as Demo. You'll life tap a lot because your spells cost an exorbitant amount and you have no other in-built mechanism of restoring your mana, so the extra SP from the Life Tap glyph is mostly just free SP at no extra cost. Even if it's just 100sp it's going to provide better value than something like Glyph of Immolate or Metamorphosis.