1. July 5, 2019  

New Mercenary Mode update

So instead of listen to your community and disable Cross-Realm solving the whole situation, you keep going for the worse with each update, thanks warmane.

Now with this new MM opt in for ICC, half Alliance play bgs in Horde, the remaining alliance players have prolonged queues and lose 80% of the time, basically the same problem as before, just inverted: now the alliance is getting farmed 24/7.

Unless of course you opt in MM and join Horde, screwing all your achievements in the process (I got an horde "Know thy enemy" on my ally char, it sucks)
    and being forced to play with a race you don't like.

2. July 5, 2019  
    I understand your frustration. I play horde and always have. Since vanilla retail. They had every opportunity to resolve this problem another way, but they refused to nerf the human racial or buff the trinket to balance the factions. Instead, as i said in another thread they have opted to do something akin to "turning your house round and round to screw in a lightbulb instead of just turning the damned bulb. They didn't want to mess with the racial because it's "not Blizzlike". So instead, we now have the most positively UN-blizzlike thing of what is essentially a factionless WoW. It really wasn't that hard. You made it MUCH harder than it needed to be." So there you have it. That's how they chose to resolve this. Amazingly, things actually ARE sort of balanced now in BGs. However world PvP and Arenas are still screwed. And if you hate playing as horde on your alliance toon (as I would if the situation were reversed), you too are screwed. So there's that.

3. July 6, 2019  
    "The most un-blizzlike thing" would be to introduce racial changes. With the new mercenary mode, there is very little reason to PVP as Horde. As Alliance we can simply "opt-in" and play as Horde whenever we don't feel like waiting. In other words, we get to have the cake and eat it, too.

4. July 6, 2019  
    Yup. The ENTIRE game is based on two opposing factions that can't speak to none another, do commerce or trade, and have been at war for eons. Never altering racials is SO much more important to the integrity of the game than...oh...I don't know, playing bgs as the opposing faction just to reduce your precious Q times? We apparently live in alternate universes. It's interesting to note that Blizzard (remember them?) nerfed the broken human racial in the following expansion. They knew it was broken, and they FIXED IT because the racials are not canonical to the game. The opposing factions are. At no time EVER have they allowed or even so much as entertained the concept as a travesty like this.

5. July 6, 2019  
    "The most un-blizzlike thing" would be to introduce racial changes. With the new mercenary mode, there is very little reason to PVP as Horde. As Alliance we can simply "opt-in" and play as Horde whenever we don't feel like waiting. In other words, we get to have the cake and eat it, too.
    Yes changing racials will be really bad imo. But i am not that sure that MM for IC will be that bad. Horde is better faction for PVE overall and if you can mix with alliance for BG and this boots your win rate maybe it can work out. I was playing Horde for past few months, but few days ago just got too tired of how much more work i have to put to win BG, so i swap to alliance. If the new Changes fix the win ration will go Horde once again.

6. July 6, 2019  
    Yes changing racials will be really bad imo. But i am not that sure that MM for IC will be that bad. Horde is better faction for PVE overall and if you can mix with alliance for BG and this boots your win rate maybe it can work out. I was playing Horde for past few months, but few days ago just got too tired of how much more work i have to put to win BG, so i swap to alliance. If the new Changes fix the win ration will go Horde once again.
    Perhaps you are right. After thinking about this some more, I think we can look at Blackrock, a realm that is nearly factionless, for some clues on how the new PVP balance will be. A quick look at Warmane's information page shows that Blackrock has an Alliance to Horde population ratio of roughly 3:2. If this is what we have to look forward to in terms of the distribution of hardcore PVPers between factions, it is not bad at all considering that many players are here for other elements of the game, such as PVE, role play, or social.