1. July 8, 2019  
    No, it wouldn't. The queue isn't by far enough to justify another server. We would still have Icecrown filled, and another server with a very small population. People would still want to play on the full one, to meet, play with and fight more people.

2. July 8, 2019  
    Maybe make a free server transfer in the first month or two, and let the population balance itself out?
    I mean its a wild guess, and I am not here to tell you what to do, but from what i remember both ICC servers before wer healthy when it comes to population and balance of it, just trying to understand why its better to have 1x 12k pop server rather than 2x 8k pop servers instead (in a perfect world ofc where 12k online and 4k que balance out).

3. July 8, 2019  
    The main issue on Warmane is actually assembling raid groups. You need literally 2 hours to assemble an IcC25 raid. How on Earth is that the case on a 12 thousand population server!? Are 10 thousand people members of PvE guilds, and the rest are just mindless pugs?
    So, I've come to an idea ( probably not the first one, though ): Is there a way to make it cross-realm to speed up the process? Let other tanks and healers jump in if they like, may ninja bans apply the same on everyone.

4. July 8, 2019  
    The main issue on Warmane is actually assembling raid groups. You need literally 2 hours to assemble an IcC25 raid. How on Earth is that the case on a 12 thousand population server!? Are 10 thousand people members of PvE guilds, and the rest are just mindless pugs?
    So, I've come to an idea ( probably not the first one, though ): Is there a way to make it cross-realm to speed up the process? Let other tanks and healers jump in if they like, may ninja bans apply the same on everyone.
    In the case of horde is because 90% of them don't speak english at all.

5. July 8, 2019  
    lower the cap to 10k pls. very lag.

6. July 8, 2019  
    Maybe make a free server transfer in the first month or two, and let the population balance itself out?
    I mean its a wild guess, and I am not here to tell you what to do, but from what i remember both ICC servers before wer healthy when it comes to population and balance of it, just trying to understand why its better to have 1x 12k pop server rather than 2x 8k pop servers instead (in a perfect world ofc where 12k online and 4k que balance out).
    Very few people would want to leave a full server they can log in without problems and move to one with a fraction of the population. Most would wait for someone else to move so they wouldn't have to wait in a queue instead. If that wasn't the case, Lordaeron would be much more populated, as people who don't want to wait in a queue would drift there, despite the different rates, but clearly that's not what happens.

7. July 8, 2019  
    Split Icecrown into 2 servers. Reduce the caps to 6K. The queue will remain.
    Servers should get increase in stability, and the player cap is where it was ment to be. Somebody whose good in economics could share their view on benefits and drawbacks. Think there would be healthier competition for the materials and trading in general.
    With a smaller pool of players, there should be far less "randoms" and this would benefit the community as whole. General enjoyment would most likely increase. Happy people -> "Hey, I like it here! I'll support the server with a donation." (the ones who would actually donate, not the ones who cry about queues)

If it would come to it, free/discount server migrations to less populated server.

8. July 8, 2019  
    Well I think that some people that are in end game raiding guilds might transfer for better quality server (aka less lag, less crashes, cos of lower population), and to a server that does not have a huge competition when it comes to farming mats, etc...
    In the end, you might just as well rip ICC and make 2 new realms, making people to transfer? eks de

I mean, again, all this is just "what if" talk, it might work, it might fail, and the main reason why I think Lord does not have such high demand is mainly cos of buffed content and due to no items in the store. Its a lot harder and more time consuming while rewards are the same. Most players would rather have an easy way to end game gear and content i guess (myself included, mainly cos I already did everything there is in the game)...

Would 2 smaller realms cost a lot more than 1 big one? If this is the case, I understand why you would rather keep this one.

9. July 9, 2019  
    Following that argument, merging Deathwing in to Icecrown wouldn't have been necessary.

10. July 9, 2019  
    OP must not have played WoD launch. Tichondrius-US was about a 10 hour, 15k person wait.

11. I find it far more pathetic that people would rather wait countless hours than do an hour of labor to get the money. The same way people beg in-game for gold rather than in real life for money where you would get far better value. Some things just never make sense.
    Edited: July 11, 2019

12. I really like the ideas to split the server on 2, or make a fresh one, or lower the cap. I cant care less about he queue times, but Icecrown really feel overpopulated and laggy. WOTLK was not design to have that many players on 1 server. Also since we have cross-realm this wont effect the PVP in any way.

13. I paid the 10 buck (the price of a single beer in my country) like 7 years ago, worth it.

14. I find it far more pathetic that people would rather wait countless hours than do an hour of labor to get the money. The same way people beg in-game for gold rather than in real life for money where you would get far better value. Some things just never make sense.
    People don't realize that "10 bucks" is, for some people, a whole day's work in some countries, and if speaking of mine, you cannot find an extra job to do and earn something, everyone's a little bit of an electrician, a plumber, even a carpenter. There's no room for you to earn anything extra, except if you already have your own business, but than we wouldn't even discuss the poor. So you usually have one lousy job for 300 € a month, and that's it. What they can actually do, is make a priority list in their lives, do they really need that pizza this week, after a hard work, warm, full mouth of deliciousness for 2 minutes, or they want to skip the queue. Stop with all the fast food and soda for a week and you'll kill two birds with one bullet.

15. One day of work or "countless hours waiting 10 hour queues"
    Take a pick.

First 1234 Last