1. July 7, 2019  

Whats wrong with unholy DK pvp 2v2

Guys what happend to unholy DK in SM meta PvP 2v2? I don't see any unholy DK in top 50 long time, expect Gargo. I saw alot bis PvP geared unholy DKs around but no one at top 50, actually 60-70% teams are warriors + healears team, rest are filled up with retri paladins, mm hunters and some double DPS combo with heavy CC. I still remember WotLK retail days, so many unholy dk teams was in top 100, but not here. Does something wrong with damage or bad scale with bis items compare to the rest class's?
    Edited: July 7, 2019

2. July 7, 2019  
    First of all, stop comparing warmane to wotlk retail, they have nothing in common. You didn't see this kind of gear in retail.

Second yes, Unholy DKs scale less with such gear contrarily to Rets and especially Wars, they are somewhat considered the "weakest" of the Shadowmourne classes.

I don't really know if this is a bug, or is simply the game which was not designed to have everyone ultra-bis and something like classes balance in endgame gear was simply poorly considered or not considered at all.

Off topic: This is also the reason why the human racial was not a big deal back then, while is a game breaker here on warmane.

3. July 7, 2019  
    ^This

Wotlk is balanced around a 264 ilvl meta. Highend PvE gear from ICC/RS 25hc screws the balance up. Entire setups such as beast cleave are unviable in this highend gear meta. Unholy performs mediocre in it. I'd say that Frost DK suffers much more in this meta.

4. July 8, 2019  
    lack of a mortal strike-style debuff and straight end balls-deep burst is one reason why people don't playing like unholy dk. the spec is not bugged or anything. most of what you do is healable by a geared healer. your gargoyle is your biggest burst and can be easily killed/cced if the enemy has the time. i actually asked your question to a formed gladiator dk a few days ago and he told me that it's a L2P issue mostly; most people try to brute force damage with DKs when, really, DKs should just be playing a game of pressure with timed bursts with partner and using its many tools, silences, and anti-cc abilities.

5. July 9, 2019  
    lack of a mortal strike-style debuff and straight end balls-deep burst is one reason why people don't playing like unholy dk. the spec is not bugged or anything. most of what you do is healable by a geared healer. your gargoyle is your biggest burst and can be easily killed/cced if the enemy has the time. i actually asked your question to a formed gladiator dk a few days ago and he told me that it's a L2P issue mostly; most people try to brute force damage with DKs when, really, DKs should just be playing a game of pressure with timed bursts with partner and using its many tools, silences, and anti-cc abilities.
    That's why Frost DK is technically the better 2s spec when you play together with a healer.
    It has more burst dmg than UH and it has hungering cold.
    Frost struggles against caster opponents but does better against warr/healer.
    Back in 3.3.5b FDK/Hpala was one of the best 2s setups.
    I think the spec would also perform well in 3.3.5a if we wouldn't have these highend PvE items which favor Arms warr so much.

6. Maybe you guys just have to try double DPS combo. If you play Frost DK every1 know how to counter that combo, its 2019 :)
    Edited: July 16, 2019

7. every1 know how to counter that combo, its 2019 :)
    That couldn't be further from truth...

8. Only queing and winning vs noobs and double dps 10/10