1. July 7, 2019  

Anyone excited for the new 3900x? :D

I'm hoping to see a large improvement in my multiboxing experience. Running a 1800x isn't ideal for what I'm trying to do, so I hope the extra 4 cores and ipc improvement helps in my dream to run 40 windows without severe stuttering. @_____@

If this works really well, I will definitely upgrade when the 3950x comes out. I'm really hoping the issue resides in the poor IPC first gen Ryzen has.

You can comment and crush my dreams if you like. I would actually appreciate a reality check if anyone has an idea of what limits I will be hitting.

Edit: Just wanted to say, my dream came true. I am astonished by the performance improvement.
    Edited: July 12, 2019

2. July 9, 2019  
    What is your current setup you are running?
    I'm doing 5 man teams atm (leveling+RHCs) on ancient Phenom II x4 955 and feel serious need for upgrade if I'm looking for running 10-25 chars at the same time when I hit 80.
    But given wotlk is quite old x-pac I'm not sure if 3900x wouldn't be a overkill (limited budget). 3700x wasn't far behind in the reviews I read so far...
    Even with almost no OC possibilities it would still be upgrade for next 8-10 years for me.

3. Well, isboxer uses cores/threads, and when it goes out of sync, it drags everything until it's synced again. I run a 1800x, and my settings are all on low, except for 1 character.

I run at

35 fps foreground
    5 fps background.

I can work with 30 characters ONLY while leveling and keeping away from major cities.

I can run 20 in major cities with a bit of stutter here and there.

system: ryzen 1800x. 32 gig of ram.

I'm not quite sure about the ipc improvements on the new 3700x, butI ran this 30 setup on an old 6800k, which is an intel chip, and I noticed the stutters were much shorter on the intel chip. I'm assuming this is because the IPC is higher in the intel chip. So, I think the 3700x would run better than my 1800x.

In my opinion, nothing is overkill, because running more than 30 clients requires exponential cpu power. We have people here who run the threadripper 2990wx, which is 32 cores, 64 threads, and they're not very happy with it running 40 clients. What I'm hoping is, the low power and ipc of the old ryzens is the problem, and this new IPC generation will handle things much better.

Also, if you're using the free version of isboxer, it doesn't seem to work in windows 10. (according to a recent post I read)

X570 (according to recent records upon release) has not been tested to run with windows 7 and is not officially supported by any of the vendors (asus, gigabyte, etc) Lucikly, x470 runs the new ryzens without a bios update necessary* (*check each vendor you buy from) X570 is extremely expensive and their VRMs are compared to some of the x370 class of boards. If you care about pci 4.0, then opt for the x570, but you're opting out of windows 7 potentially.

https://i.redd.it/58am663beh931.png

This is the list of compatible boards that will work with the new ryzen 3000 chips. If you're actually going to buy it, look this over carefully and decide what is right for you.

A little snippet of info on the x570 boards: They seem to be pulling more power from the cpu, even when Idle. Apparently this has to do with the chipset on the boards.

Hope this helps.
    Edited: July 11, 2019

4. Hi,
    thnx for input.
    I read lot of reviews so I know about backwards compatibility.
    But for IRL reasons I cannot afford yearly upgrade. It's more like every 8-10 years I move to newer platform.
    Basically what I figure out is if I wan't to have PCE v4 and hope it will be utilised by future GPUs then I want x570 board.
    NVMe gen 4 drives are nice, but hdd/ssd isn't the bottleneck for mbx.

I'm on Lord. so having composition of 25+ would take a lot of time.
    I do not expect to run anything more that that.

But I get the buy max spec now, do not regret later POV.

The W7 compatability is serious issue as I'm reluctant to pay for sw that isn't exactly designed for this x-pac and private servers are looked upon in general by the creator (would gladly pay for isboxer otherwise).
    I hope I will be able to backport at least the crucial drivers or run w7 in hyper-v/vmw.

BR,
    TutellaF

5. well ur problem is using one pc no matter how much ur setup strong u need 2x pc for 30 char in addition never ever put ur slaves fps lower than 14 its f up ur slaves windows

6. well ur problem is using one pc no matter how much ur setup strong u need 2x pc for 30 char in addition never ever put ur slaves fps lower than 14 its f up ur slaves windows
    No you don't. High corecount and multithreading will do the trick just fine. With the right hardware and tweaking.

7. i personally have a 1950x (16 core 32 thread w/vega 64), i want to try running a 100 man multibox. i am pretty confident my system will run it and i think i will experience server lag before i get system lag. my vega card can run the 8 gb of hbm2 to 16 gb (has an option to double the system vram. runs kinda like threads on a cpu). i am rather new to mutliboxing, the last few days i have been running hotkeynet, made a script for 6 boxes but the dumb thing, no matter what i do, will run past 5 boxes. so.....after searching forums today to try to get an answer to that, i prob am going to turn to isboxer. just cause it sounds like it will scale to my system.
    next issue i am facing, is how to get past the phone number requirement for gmail. warmane now requires a gmail account to create an account, and gmail hits a limit with phone number you provide. only have access to one legit cell phone (long story, me and my wife keep just one cell to go around town with, so i've tried to create a textfree/pinger account to get a free phone number, gmail freaking won't allow you to use pinger/text free to link to a gmail account. so.....at the moment, till i figure a work around on gmail, i am limited to 6 accounts with warmane at the moment.
    i kinda think i might be the first person to run a 100 multibox, haven't seen anything on the internet past 80, the person running 80 did it with 2 computers. i mean, i think my system itself will run 100, however, i have my 1800x computer i can turn too run them on a second system. so.....really, i kinda want too see exactly how many boxes my systems will run. i mean, one system has 16 core 32 thread, the other has 8 core 16 threads, i think i can get past 100 man multibox if i run 2 systems. really, i want to see how many i can run and maybe set a record on multiboxes, might stream it or record it and post it on youtube. if anyone can help me do this, i'd be greatly appreciated. will give you a shout out on the video i upload to youtube.

8. i personally have a 1950x (16 core 32 thread w/vega 64), i want to try running a 100 man multibox. i am pretty confident my system will run it and i think i will experience server lag before i get system lag. my vega card can run the 8 gb of hbm2 to 16 gb (has an option to double the system vram. runs kinda like threads on a cpu). i am rather new to mutliboxing, the last few days i have been running hotkeynet, made a script for 6 boxes but the dumb thing, no matter what i do, will run past 5 boxes. so.....after searching forums today to try to get an answer to that, i prob am going to turn to isboxer. just cause it sounds like it will scale to my system.
    next issue i am facing, is how to get past the phone number requirement for gmail. warmane now requires a gmail account to create an account, and gmail hits a limit with phone number you provide. only have access to one legit cell phone (long story, me and my wife keep just one cell to go around town with, so i've tried to create a textfree/pinger account to get a free phone number, gmail freaking won't allow you to use pinger/text free to link to a gmail account. so.....at the moment, till i figure a work around on gmail, i am limited to 6 accounts with warmane at the moment.
    i kinda think i might be the first person to run a 100 multibox, haven't seen anything on the internet past 80, the person running 80 did it with 2 computers. i mean, i think my system itself will run 100, however, i have my 1800x computer i can turn too run them on a second system. so.....really, i kinda want too see exactly how many boxes my systems will run. i mean, one system has 16 core 32 thread, the other has 8 core 16 threads, i think i can get past 100 man multibox if i run 2 systems. really, i want to see how many i can run and maybe set a record on multiboxes, might stream it or record it and post it on youtube. if anyone can help me do this, i'd be greatly appreciated. will give you a shout out on the video i upload to youtube.
    You will not run 100 clients stable with it. Not even 50. I have the same cpu. Also have 2990wx and it will not even reach 100.

Not sure why you're confident since you have only tried 6 accounts. Getting 50 accounts online in a starter zone is nothing compared to playing the game with them really.

9. why? i think you are lying first off about having that cpu, second, i literally seen a guy run 40 man toon on youtube, literally shows him doing it, with a 7700k. 4 core 8 thread. yet you think a 16 core 32 thread cannot? lmfao. go search youtube, "lets level 40 shammy's at once" the guy is doing it with a 7700k.
    second, i've been messaging him, he said he did 80 man toon with 2 computers (2 7700k systems). according to that guy, who knows WAY more than probably you or i, He has told me that it i should have 0 issues with 100 toons with my system.
    second, i've been doing a ton of research, i switched to isboxer, which scales to cores on your system. you can assign each toon a core. so for instance, i can assign lets say 4 toons 2 cores, and scale each toon all the way up to 16 cores. so in essence, i can run up to 64 toons on my system. lets see, systems running 4 cores 8 threads have long been running 25 man toons, yet you think, a system with 16 cores 32 threads cannot do it? lmfao. then lets say, i want to stress my system out, assign 1 core per toon, that is 32 toons with just one core. lets say i want to run 3 toons per core, that is 96 toons. i mean, pretty sure i can run easily 4 toons per core and even if i can't, i still can dual/triple computer it and hit my hundred mark by using all my systems.
    also, note, people were running 5 man toons on dual core systems back when wotlk was a brand new game. and those dual cores, are inferior to 2 of my cores on my system (way better ipc on a 1950x than an intel core duo or athelon cpu from back then).
    Edited: September 13, 2019

10. why? i think you are lying first off about having that cpu, second, i literally seen a guy run 40 man toon on youtube, literally shows him doing it, with a 7700k. 4 core 8 thread. yet you think a 16 core 32 thread cannot? lmfao. go search youtube, "lets level 40 shammy's at once" the guy is doing it with a 7700k.
    second, i've been messaging him, he said he did 80 man toon with 2 computers (2 7700k systems). according to that guy, who knows WAY more than probably you or i, He has told me that it i should have 0 issues with 100 toons with my system.
    second, i've been doing a ton of research, i switched to isboxer, which scales to cores on your system. you can assign each toon a core. so for instance, i can assign lets say 4 toons 2 cores, and scale each toon all the way up to 16 cores. so in essence, i can run up to 64 toons on my system. lets see, systems running 4 cores 8 threads have long been running 25 man toons, yet you think, a system with 16 cores 32 threads cannot do it? lmfao. then lets say, i want to stress my system out, assign 1 core per toon, that is 32 toons with just one core. lets say i want to run 3 toons per core, that is 96 toons. i mean, pretty sure i can run easily 4 toons per core and even if i can't, i still can dual/triple computer it and hit my hundred mark by using all my systems.
    also, note, people were running 5 man toons on dual core systems back when wotlk was a brand new game. and those dual cores, are inferior to 2 of my cores on my system (way better ipc on a 1950x than an intel core duo or athelon cpu from back then).
    Why would I lie about such a thing on a forum lmao... You clearly haven't read anything on this forum or even done proper research. The video you saw was probably another expansion thus the rules of hardware completely differ. Second you have tried what? 5 chars thusfar...

I have been boxing with 40 chars for 2 years on 3.3.5, with multiple systems. 7700k, 1950x and current system holds the 2990wx; My whole system is tweaked for performance in multiboxing and all I'm saying is that you will not play 100 comfortably but you don't have to believe me, you'll notice yourself. Send me a screenshot of your FPS as soon as you hit dalaran/wintergrasp ;)

i've been doing a ton of research, i switched to isboxer, which scales to cores on your system. you can assign each toon a core. so for instance, i can assign lets say 4 toons 2 cores, and scale each toon all the way up to 16 cores. so in essence, i can run up to 64 toons on my system. lets see, systems running 4 cores 8 threads have long been running 25 man toons, yet you think, a system with 16 cores 32 threads cannot do it? lmfao..
    I know all about this.... I have been using Isboxer for 2 years with the pro config enabled. I have around 5 different 40 man comps with fully virtualised keymaps.

On MoP your plan might work since it's optimised for CPU loads WAY better. But on 3.3.5 you shouldn't get your hopes up for stable endgame play on 100 toons.

All the above being said, I don't use the forum alot... so when I do I usually intend to help around when asked in this forum so I don't have any reason to spread lies for fun...

11. Why would I lie about such a thing on a forum lmao... You clearly haven't read anything on this forum or even done proper research. The video you saw was probably another expansion thus the rules of hardware completely differ. Second you have tried what? 5 chars thusfar...

I have been boxing with 40 chars for 2 years on 3.3.5, with multiple systems. 7700k, 1950x and current system holds the 2990wx; My whole system is tweaked for performance in multiboxing and all I'm saying is that you will not play 100 comfortably but you don't have to believe me, you'll notice yourself. Send me a screenshot of your FPS as soon as you hit dalaran/wintergrasp ;)

I know all about this.... I have been using Isboxer for 2 years with the pro config enabled. I have around 5 different 40 man comps with fully virtualised keymaps.

On MoP your plan might work since it's optimised for CPU loads WAY better. But on 3.3.5 you shouldn't get your hopes up for stable endgame play on 100 toons.

All the above being said, I don't use the forum alot... so when I do I usually intend to help around when asked in this forum so I don't have any reason to spread lies for fun...
    why would you lie? people lie all the time about systems they have and i have done the proper research. i am calling you out. i bet anything you don't have a 2990wx let alone a 1950x.
    here, lets do this, my own youtube, ThorOdin, i have commented on several mutliboxing video's, point is, go to my channel and you will see videos of my system. i have what i claim i have. now you go. lets see a video of your system. i tell you what, i'll even double this, i'll make a video with this very chat and upload it too my channel and i will show my systems. i have literally ran into a ton of people who lie about their systems on the internet, let alone on forums.
    again, you are claiming than an extremely old api, can't run good and better on a modern cpu, with a ton of cores. there is people commenting in forums about having way worse cpu than i have and running 60 boxes at once.
    so yes, i have done my research, i know what my cpu is capable of. fact to the matter is, on modern wow, since you love to use that, modern wow likes between 4-6 cores to run properly. old wow, using old dx, loves single core clock speeds over cores. so again, my cpu running 4.0 ghz on 32 cores? lmfao. ya i can easily get 64 toons, and i bet anything at least 96. i again like i said earlier, i can spread the load out to a ton of cores.
    the guy running 40 man on 7700k was running on old wow expacs on private servers. again, you don't know what you are talking about like at all. i've done my homework. if i can get past the dumb gmail limitation, i'll announce here on forums the time and place i log all 100 and i'll even make a tribute to you.
    also, like i said earlier, i think i will experience server lag before system lag

12. why would you lie? people lie all the time about systems they have and i have done the proper research. i am calling you out. i bet anything you don't have a 2990wx let alone a 1950x.
    here, lets do this, my own youtube, ThorOdin, i have commented on several mutliboxing video's, point is, go to my channel and you will see videos of my system. i have what i claim i have. now you go. lets see a video of your system. i tell you what, i'll even double this, i'll make a video with this very chat and upload it too my channel and i will show my systems. i have literally ran into a ton of people who lie about their systems on the internet, let alone on forums.
    again, you are claiming than an extremely old api, can't run good and better on a modern cpu, with a ton of cores. there is people commenting in forums about having way worse cpu than i have and running 60 boxes at once.
    so yes, i have done my research, i know what my cpu is capable of. fact to the matter is, on modern wow, since you love to use that, modern wow likes between 4-6 cores to run properly. old wow, using old dx, loves single core clock speeds over cores. so again, my cpu running 4.0 ghz on 32 cores? lmfao. ya i can easily get 64 toons, and i bet anything at least 96. i again like i said earlier, i can spread the load out to a ton of cores.
    the guy running 40 man on 7700k was running on old wow expacs on private servers. again, you don't know what you are talking about like at all. i've done my homework. if i can get past the dumb gmail limitation, i'll announce here on forums the time and place i log all 100 and i'll even make a tribute to you.
    also, like i said earlier, i think i will experience server lag before system lag
    Lmao... Calm down buddy.

I don't have to make a video about anything, you don't believe me fine. As I've said I'm only sharing my experiences.

Logging 50 chars into starter zone is one thing, playing them in WG or simply walk through a crowded Dalaran is day and night difference. I have no doubts you can log a ****ton of chars into the starter zones but thats not what I essentially meant. Stability on all aspects of the game is what you need. You can't log X amount of chars into a starter zone and then say "my system is stable".

Anyways not gonna say more about this, I figure it's pointless. I'll let you figure out on your own.

13. i made a video and uploaded it too my youtube. my youtube channel is called ThorOdin. i show isboxer running, i turn off every core except 1, i run all 6 toons on core 1. point is, if i can run 6 toons in tauren mill, with other characters around (which being around other people is server lag not system lag. it is not going to tax my system being around other people, it will tax the server). oh, the video is called "dedicated to pidgeon lord on warmane forums." lmfao. oh, and i had 0 lag from running 6 toons/accounts on 1 core.
    again, you won't make a video because I HIGHLY doubt you have the systems you claim to have.

14. U seem to be real full of urself Mr. ThorOdin, looking forward to stomping u into the ground :)

15. nah, i like proving doubters wrong. will post a normal video of 6 toons 1 core soon on youtube, was messing around with the last one.

12 Last