1. July 8, 2019  

Soloing TBC raids

Hey I was wondering whether anyone has been able to solo TBC raids such as Kara, BT, SSC and TK. I can manage to solo some bosses in Kara only as 5.8 gs retri but would like to know if other raids will be possible if I get better gear, or maybe even switch to tank spec.

2. July 9, 2019  
    No class whatever the spec is being used can solo any tbc raid.

3. July 9, 2019  
    You can maybe solo some bosses but not the last/middle ones. They are simply pretty strong and require some tactics.

4. July 9, 2019  
    I was able to solo all Kara with bis warrior. Pally is better suited for it. (best would be blood dk) I think you would have pretty good chance in Gruuls Lair and Hellfire citadel as well. You need to experiment a lot.. some bosses are better done as prot, some as retri (resilience vs burst damage)

I think that I even heared about pally being able to solo Kaelthas @bis. - not sure about this one though

You can 2 man any TBC raid for sure.

5. If you can 2 man any raid, how would you go about it? Do you need to have a healer or lets say a blood DK and a dps paladin would be more effective?

I have tried to 2 man BT with said comp, however we were not able to sustain for long.

Bosses in 25 man raids have pretty much almost 10 times the health of Kara bosses which makes it way harder, hence why I was wondering if it is possible, as I have read on forums that people have done such raids solo, but there are no videos or them explaining how they manage.

6. If you can 2 man any raid, how would you go about it? Do you need to have a healer or lets say a blood DK and a dps paladin would be more effective?

I have tried to 2 man BT with said comp, however we were not able to sustain for long.

Bosses in 25 man raids have pretty much almost 10 times the health of Kara bosses which makes it way harder, hence why I was wondering if it is possible, as I have read on forums that people have done such raids solo, but there are no videos or them explaining how they manage.

I never actually did it, but I would try healer + plate dps. Or maybe some ret/holy hybrid + dps.

7. I was able to solo all Kara with bis warrior. Pally is better suited for it. (best would be blood dk) I think you would have pretty good chance in Gruuls Lair and Hellfire citadel as well. You need to experiment a lot.. some bosses are better done as prot, some as retri (resilience vs burst damage)

I think that I even heared about pally being able to solo Kaelthas @bis. - not sure about this one though

How did you manage to solo Kara? My warrior prot is almost bis but the amount of damage I receive from bosses or some special shadow abilities is insane. I even have to change to fury/prot spec for that bloodthirst which can heal me. I managed to solo first boss on horse but most bosses just give some bleedings that will result for me being killed in 5 minutes max. I can't outheal those insane bleeds/shadow damage/arcane,etc. Especially because bosses have around 400k health so I need a lot of time to kill them. I managed to go to chess part with 3-4 people, but never with 2 because of unlucky opera event.

8. How did you manage to solo Kara? My warrior prot is almost bis but the amount of damage I receive from bosses or some special shadow abilities is insane. I even have to change to fury/prot spec for that bloodthirst which can heal me. I managed to solo first boss on horse but most bosses just give some bleedings that will result for me being killed in 5 minutes max. I can't outheal those insane bleeds/shadow damage/arcane,etc. Especially because bosses have around 400k health so I need a lot of time to kill them. I managed to go to chess part with 3-4 people, but never with 2 because of unlucky opera event.
    He is saying bull****s.

You can't solo Kara, is it impossible just for the chess game alone, no matter what.

9. I think that I even heared about pally being able to solo Kaelthas @bis. - not sure about this one though

I have seen MANY 25-people raids consisting of level 80 people only wipe in TK, but whatever you say, pal. :P

10. How did you manage to solo Kara? My warrior prot is almost bis but the amount of damage I receive from bosses or some special shadow abilities is insane. I even have to change to fury/prot spec for that bloodthirst which can heal me. I managed to solo first boss on horse but most bosses just give some bleedings that will result for me being killed in 5 minutes max. I can't outheal those insane bleeds/shadow damage/arcane,etc. Especially because bosses have around 400k health so I need a lot of time to kill them. I managed to go to chess part with 3-4 people, but never with 2 because of unlucky opera event.
    I did it here a long time ago (5-7 years - even before moltdown). I honestly don't remember much. Chess and opera event didn't work back then I believe. I am quite surprised they repaired it.. I remember being barely able to burst last boss as fury, others didn't stuck..

There could be more bugs - I am unaware off any repairs since like 4 years ago - since I stopped playing here...

Some general tips you can try with war:
    UA (arms talent) improved revenge spec
    Unhittable gearset (+resist set +some balance of defence/offence set - dps trinkets and weapon are a good start)
    All possible consumables (pots, flask, food, drums, scrolls)
    If you cant tank it try bursting (you only need to survive 40s if you do 10k dps, fury is capable of even more)

11. Actually this is the best solo I heared about (he had help with trash):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZB7alg4Tk

12. I did it here a long time ago (5-7 years - even before moltdown). I honestly don't remember much. Chess and opera event didn't work back then I believe. I am quite surprised they repaired it.. I remember being barely able to burst last boss as fury, others didn't stuck..

There could be more bugs - I am unaware off any repairs since like 4 years ago - since I stopped playing here...

Some general tips you can try with war:
    UA (arms talent) improved revenge spec
    Unhittable gearset (+resist set +some balance of defence/offence set - dps trinkets and weapon are a good start)
    All possible consumables (pots, flask, food, drums, scrolls)
    If you cant tank it try bursting (you only need to survive 40s if you do 10k dps, fury is capable of even more)
    My friend and I tried with prot warrior + fury warrior. Even tho i had trinket to sustain damage, flasks, around 46k health and tons of defense + stats. It wasn't enough to surpass all the damage bosses give... The 2nd boss if you go from the horse guy, is a rogue that gives you infinite bleeding. That bleeding deals around 5k damage every 5 seconds and it's insane amount. He has around 400k health so bursting him is pretty hard even as furry. Not to mention that if any mob/boss attacks my friend, he dies in seconds as they burst him quite fast.

We managed to get to Opera event (it requires all bosses done before) but we were unfortunate to get Julia and Romeo... they are hardest there to kill and it's nearly impossible with only 2 people, literally impossible as it requires tons of interruptions and to kill them at the same time or they respawn again. Then later on when we found 2 more people, we managed to get all to chess part but it was freaking bugged as hell. Enemy warlock was shooting bolts from insane range, priests could heal even tho they are out of range which makes no sense at all, nothing was working as intended...

But I saw videos that chess part can be done even with 1 person there, so IT is possible to solo Karazhan but only if you're playing Cataclysm or something. I don't find any class in wotlk being able to do so because of tactics/bleeds/arcane damage/ no heals,etc. Maybe unholy dk mainly of heals but I doubt he can as well.

Also Sathrarion is nothing impressing, there are already guides where people say it's possible and he is playing dk who has heals so...

13. My friend and I tried with prot warrior + fury warrior. Even tho i had trinket to sustain damage, flasks, around 46k health and tons of defense + stats. It wasn't enough to surpass all the damage bosses give... The 2nd boss if you go from the horse guy, is a rogue that gives you infinite bleeding. That bleeding deals around 5k damage every 5 seconds and it's insane amount. He has around 400k health so bursting him is pretty hard even as furry. Not to mention that if any mob/boss attacks my friend, he dies in seconds as they burst him quite fast.

We managed to get to Opera event (it requires all bosses done before) but we were unfortunate to get Julia and Romeo... they are hardest there to kill and it's nearly impossible with only 2 people, literally impossible as it requires tons of interruptions and to kill them at the same time or they respawn again. Then later on when we found 2 more people, we managed to get all to chess part but it was freaking bugged as hell. Enemy warlock was shooting bolts from insane range, priests could heal even tho they are out of range which makes no sense at all, nothing was working as intended...

But I saw videos that chess part can be done even with 1 person there, so IT is possible to solo Karazhan but only if you're playing Cataclysm or something. I don't find any class in wotlk being able to do so because of tactics/bleeds/arcane damage/ no heals,etc. Maybe unholy dk mainly of heals but I doubt he can as well.

Also Sathrarion is nothing impressing, there are already guides where people say it's possible and he is playing dk who has heals so...
    So I was probably able to kill it because of different set of bugs at the time.

Satharion requires more healing and dmg than most (if not all) tbc bosses imho. The DK who did it, also completed gruuls lair and maybe some others. So I am sure that at least some tbc raids were soloable (at least on retail @80).

I still believe that dk + pally (if they find right gear/talents combination) can kill any tbc raid. 2 wars are completely different story.. hardly any healing and stuff.

14. Actually this is the best solo I heared about (he had help with trash):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epZB7alg4Tk

This guy is pretty well known for soloing raid bosses from wotlk to bfa, he also explains exactly how he does it, really interesting and impresive

EDIT: ok maybe not bfa, but I remember some guy soloing guldan just a few months after release on legion and I thought it was this guy
    Edited: July 11, 2019

15. So I was probably able to kill it because of different set of bugs at the time.

Satharion requires more healing and dmg than most (if not all) tbc bosses imho. The DK who did it, also completed gruuls lair and maybe some others. So I am sure that at least some tbc raids were soloable (at least on retail @80).

I still believe that dk + pally (if they find right gear/talents combination) can kill any tbc raid. 2 wars are completely different story.. hardly any healing and stuff.
    I tried to do temple of Anqiraj 40 man raid with my friend but first boss is immediately impossible to deal with. He always mind controls someone and then you die. So mage is mostly needed there. But there is a way to skip first boss and yes warmane has a bugged door and that makes you skip first boss even tho on original it wasn't possible. First boss shouldn't even mind control you if you're alone in the instance BUT he does. I was solo tanking him and my friend was offline or outside the world and boss yet still managed to mind control me solo, thus resetting the fight. That shouldn't be possible at all... I read a lot of guides where people from Wotlk wrote how to actually solo him and everyone stated how he doesn't control you unless you bring a friend in or a pet/clone.

While ruins of anqiraj was easy, this is a nightmare especially for that nature damage boss. You seriously need a lot of nature resistance to be able to survive him and 1 healer is desperately needed as well.

12 Last