1. July 9, 2019  

Corpse camped for over and hour

On 7/7/19 my wife and I were corpse camped for over an hour by 2 horde players. They were a level 70 paladin and a level 70 rogue. Me and my wife were level 62 and 61 respectively. This created an issue where my wife ended up quitting the game and has refused to play any longer. These players went as far as chasing us to the graveyard and killing us after we spirit rezed. Neither me nor my wife initiated any pvp activity with these players and were just attempting to quest.

I understand that world pvp is a thing, and yes having a higher level character kill you once or twice is inevitable, however when it lasts for over an hour and gets to the point of making players want to quit the game, it not only ruins their fun and enjoyment but affects the ability of your client to make money off of store purchases. Why is nothing done about this?
    Edited: July 9, 2019

2. July 9, 2019  
    Because that's considered acceptable on a PvP server even on retail, where you buy the game, expansions and pay a monthly fee.

3. July 9, 2019  
    On 7/7/19 my wife and I were corpse camped for over an hour by 2 horde players. They were a level 70 paladin and a level 70 rogue. Me and my wife were level 62 and 61 respectively. This created an issue where my wife ended up quitting the game and has refused to play any longer. These players went as far as chasing us to the graveyard and killing us after we spirit rezed. Neither me nor my wife initiated any pvp activity with these players and were just attempting to quest.

I understand that world pvp is a thing, and yes having a higher level character kill you once or twice is inevitable, however when it lasts for over an hour and gets to the point of making players want to quit the game, it not only ruins their fun and enjoyment but affects the ability of your client to make money off of store purchases. Why is nothing done about this?

i totally understand what your saying and myself if i kill a lower player it would only be once or twice then i would let them play.
    what you need to do is ask for help wispier 70's if you need to join a guild!my points is there are things you can do to to cut down on being ganked. usually players like the ones that camped you are pretty bad/trolls most good players dont camp low b's like that so it would not be hard to get some help and kill them.

4. July 9, 2019  
    I asked in global for 30 minutes for help. all I got was "well get gud".

5. July 9, 2019  
    Acceptable behavior on retail does not mean anything (as it is acceptable in some countries to behead people that wrong you). The only reason that something is considered acceptable is because people do not raise questions or concerns about the behavior and acceptable behavior does not mean that is right...

This client lives on donations, not subscriptions, and some type of control or repercussions over situations such as this need to be put in place to prevent other players behavior from ruining any players experience. I'm not saying "no one should never be killed by a higher level player", but am only stating that being corpse camped by someone that is a fully geared 70 at levels 61 and 62 completely ruin the gaming experience. I know I am not the only player that has experienced this, and I've seen quite a few players over the past few months become frustrated and either take a "break" or quit the client completely over situations like this or similar to this.

Clients such as this survive on player experiences and as more and more situations like this occur player experiences sour.

Also on a side note: On retail, excessive corpse camping, and especially grave yard camping is considered griefing and is punishable.

6. July 9, 2019  
    follow your wifes lead. you're not cut out for a pvp server.

7. July 9, 2019  
    follow your wifes lead. you're not cut out for a pvp server.
    yes, that is the correct course of action, instead of discussing the issues, everyone should just quit. How about you engage in the discussion and not come in with a smug, arrogant attitude?

Me and my wife are both almost 40 years old, we come on to play, relax and enjoy something outside of work and kids. I did not come on here to whine or complain, only to have a discussion about how other players behavior can ruin experiences and enjoyment.

Your attitude is one of the reasons we left retail 8 years ago. If you cannot contribute meaningfully to the discussion please remain out of it.

8. July 9, 2019  
    yes, that is the correct course of action, instead of discussing the issues, everyone should just quit. How about you engage in the discussion and not come in with a smug, arrogant attitude?

Me and my wife are both almost 40 years old, we come on to play, relax and enjoy something outside of work and kids. I did not come on here to whine or complain, only to have a discussion about how other players behavior can ruin experiences and enjoyment.

Your attitude is one of the reasons we left retail 8 years ago. If you cannot contribute meaningfully to the discussion please remain out of it.
    if you can't handle replies that don't agree with you please stay off the forums. corpse camping is allowed here, you're not going to change it. deal with it or join your wife on hellokitty online.

9. Solution: Log off and play later.

Have to remember they are also wasting time on their end to camp you.

10. yes, that is the correct course of action, instead of discussing the issues, everyone should just quit. How about you engage in the discussion and not come in with a smug, arrogant attitude?

You may want to find another server that is not PVP friend.

This sort of thing happens a lot on PVP servers and is accepted and expected. Hell half the fun leveling is figuring out ways to get away from corpse campers (very satisfying when you do)

Maybe you and your wife can log off and start leveling some alts when this happens?

11. if you can't handle replies that don't agree with you please stay off the forums. corpse camping is allowed here, you're not going to change it. deal with it or join your wife on hellokitty online.
    It had nothing to do with your reply. It has everything to do with your attitude. See below, LBennie made the points that directly mirror what you were trying to say, however, his comments were not arrogant, were not smug and offered rational options which contributed to the conversation. This is how an intelligent conversation operates. Maybe you need to stay off the forums until you can learn to interact in meaningful ways and check your attitude at the door.

You still have yet to do that. You still continue with your arrogant attitude. Please do the rest of the forum users a favor and get off this thread.
    Edited: July 10, 2019

12. You may want to find another server that is not PVP friend.

This sort of thing happens a lot on PVP servers and is accepted and expected. Hell half the fun leveling is figuring out ways to get away from corpse campers (very satisfying when you do)

Maybe you and your wife can log off and start leveling some alts when this happens?
    I agree with you Bennie, and I know there are options to avoid this situation.

My point to all of this is that there is a point to where it is no longer amusing and it is no longer enjoyable when you have to completely stop playing a character or stop doing a quest because someone else is intentionally trying to ruin your experience. Once or twice is all fun and games. 1 hour straight is not.

Maybe I don't have the "jerk" mentality to sit and corpse camp someone that has no chance of defending themselves. Maybe that is a flaw on my part, I don't know. To me this whole situation feels like "the 8th grader on the bus picking on your 4th grade son". We as parents would not let that happen to our children, but all the sudden on a game that same guy that would go to the school and raise hell is now doing it to other players because "its a game, it doesn't matter". Why is it in life that type of behavior is abhorred, but for some reason in gaming its considered "accepted"?

13. Solution: Log off and play later.

Have to remember they are also wasting time on their end to camp you.
    I agree, but they are getting enjoyment out of it. If you have a limited amount of time you can play (say 5-6) hours a week, and you have to spend 2-3 hours of that dodging other players that are only on to ruin other peoples fun, what is the point?

14. As much as it sucks, there is nothing wrong with what they did. I'm assuming you were in Outland, so every zone is contested. I think at 62 you are just at the threshold for honor (probably not your wife at 61). Were those two players douchebags? Sure. Did they do anything wrong? No. Hate to say it, but you just gotta deal with it. Log off for a bit. Maybe start an alt for banking/AH/crafting/etc.

15. As much as it sucks, there is nothing wrong with what they did. I'm assuming you were in Outland, so every zone is contested. I think at 62 you are just at the threshold for honor (probably not your wife at 61). Were those two players douchebags? Sure. Did they do anything wrong? No. Hate to say it, but you just gotta deal with it. Log off for a bit. Maybe start an alt for banking/AH/crafting/etc.
    You are correct, according to the Warcraft player base standards, they did nothing wrong. That is the problem, the player base has considered that camping someone for hours is acceptable not matter what level they are.

123 Last