1. July 9, 2019  

Why 2.4.3 dropped in population

It seems that people only love WOTLK expansion on this serever. Im here since 2009, and saw many expansion die pretty much, like cata and mop. After initial hype they are dead. It seems same with TBC, but some people saying its the best expansion. Well I guess its not?

2. The grind probably is too much.
    And well maybe the store also played a role in this but idk, i don't play tbc here.

Swp is a incredible raid and makes it worth playing tbc.
    But most likely only a small part of the population is going to reach it.

3. TBC is great, but people forgot that they will need to GRIND their asses off to get stuff. I dont think store had a huge impact of people leaving the server because of it, i think it was just hype going down, not just that many of us played there just to earn coins, i can tell you for a fact that we didnt raid for 2 weeks on wotlk because over 40 people were leveling, farming doing whatever to sell stuff on marketplace because prices were insane. Im 99% sure that we were not the only players from wotlk or any other realm doing that.

4. There are several reasons for the population drop of Outland.
    The biggest issue is Warmanes flawed design when it comes to Outlands server rates.
    Most ppl that join Outland nowadays come from other TBC private servers which have x1 rates. The most common reason why they leave their server is because they find the x1 rates too grindy and time consuming.
    They join Outland in the expectation of a high rate realm but in fact only the XP rates are increased, everything else is x1.

The first design flaw that newcomers face are the low prof rates: While the XP rates are x5 so players can level up quickly, the prof rates are x1. Consequently newcomers can't play the game like it's supposed to be which means skilling up profs while leveling up. In fact Skilling a prof on Outland up requires more time than leveling a character from 1-70. It doesn't make any sense...

The next design flaw are the x1 rep rates. Newcomers reach level 70 quickly, still in the expectation of a high rate realm. Once they reach 70 they realise that they have no rep to acquire any gear. They have to do all the Outland quests in order to get enough reputation to join HC dungeons. Whats the point of x5 XP rates in the Outland zones when players have to do anyway almost all the 60-70 quests to gain rep???

The next design flaw is the cash shop: Instant max level and BiS gear can be bought in the shop. So far so good.
    But there is no insant max prof, no instant rep and no instant weapon skill service.
    Players can create a instant max level character with complete BiS gear for money but the character has then zero rep, zero prof and zero weapon skill. Such a character can't even enter a HC dungeon. All of the mentioned things then have to be skilled up in a very monotonous and time consuming x1 grind and there is no way to skip that with money.
    What's the logic behind making BiS gear available for money but making it not possible to skip the x1 rep and prof grind????

The really sad part is that Outland isn't dying because of bugs. It's a excellent scripted realm. Probably the best scripted TBC server out there.
    It is dying because of flaws in the server design. x5 XP rates just don't go in line with x1 rep/weapon/prof rates. I don't understand why Warmane still refuses to see that...
    Edited: July 10, 2019

5. The reason of why outland is experiencing this situation is really simple and it's the same that 99% of private servers of all expansions experience, however I'm surprised that you guys couldn't figured it out yet. In any case this is just temporary, don't panic and stick to the realm, things will get better eventually.

6. The reason of why outland is experiencing this situation is really simple and it's the same that 99% of private servers of all expansions experience, however I'm surprised that you guys couldn't figured it out yet. In any case this is just temporary, don't panic and stick to the realm, things will get better eventually.
    Outlands populations bleed started already over a year ago. Right now the upcoming release of classic WoW might drop the population further but it's not the initial cause for the drop.

7. Outlands populations bleed started already over a year ago. Right now the upcoming release of classic WoW might drop the population further but it's not the initial cause for the drop.
    There is a hive mind somewhere in the internet, a place where people follows the desires of the colective using an upvote and downvote method. There by the rules of circle-jerk a bunch of self procclaimed "experts" rate private servers and decide which ones are alive and which ones are dying. As any other hive mind, their behavior is the one of a swarm. They move from server to server draining all resources and hopes until the hive mind fins another suitable host to move to.

If you only knew how many pservers died because of this. It's not even autism, it's a display of ******ation they call "hype".

Let's be real, warmane may have its ups and downs, but the staff is the best qualified you can find in any private server out there. The amazing work and effort they put to add spells to all monsters is something no other private server achieved before, this should speak volumes on terms of quality. Sure there are things that need to be fixed, and we will get there eventually. There is no such thing as a flawless pserver but up to this date warmane is the best experience you can find out there.

Let these ******s swarm to another server until it dies and they come back, after the many years of private server history, Warmane is the only one that stays around and it has a pedigree of reliability. As I said, stick to the realm, ditch the defeated losbter mentality and enjoy the best expansion this game ever had in the best private server out there.

8. There is a hive mind somewhere in the internet, a place where people follows the desires of the colective using an upvote and downvote method. There by the rules of circle-jerk a bunch of self procclaimed "experts" rate private servers and decide which ones are alive and which ones are dying. As any other hive mind, their behavior is the one of a swarm. They move from server to server draining all resources and hopes until the hive mind fins another suitable host to move to.

If you only knew how many pservers died because of this. It's not even autism, it's a display of ******ation they call "hype".

Let's be real, warmane may have its ups and downs, but the staff is the best qualified you can find in any private server out there. The amazing work and effort they put to add spells to all monsters is something no other private server achieved before, this should speak volumes on terms of quality. Sure there are things that need to be fixed, and we will get there eventually. There is no such thing as a flawless pserver but up to this date warmane is the best experience you can find out there.

Let these ******s swarm to another server until it dies and they come back, after the many years of private server history, Warmane is the only one that stays around and it has a pedigree of reliability. As I said, stick to the realm, ditch the defeated losbter mentality and enjoy the best expansion this game ever had in the best private server out there.
    I played on several servers which actually were a lot better with staff, free from bugs,etc. But I won't name them. Last time i got a warning for ''advertising on purpose'' lol.

9. There is a hive mind somewhere in the internet, a place where people follows the desires of the colective using an upvote and downvote method. There by the rules of circle-jerk a bunch of self procclaimed "experts" rate private servers and decide which ones are alive and which ones are dying. As any other hive mind, their behavior is the one of a swarm. They move from server to server draining all resources and hopes until the hive mind fins another suitable host to move to.

Well, this topic is in particular about Outland and not about Warmane as a whole.
    The Outland pop won't increase when nothing is done.
    Not as long as it's not a true high rate realm. Mixing high XP rates together with x1 prof/rep rates doesn't work out and never will be.
    Ppl either want a true blizzlike x1 experience or a high rate realm but not a weird mix of both which leads only to a poor gaming experience.
    Edited: July 13, 2019

10. I played on several servers which actually were a lot better with staff, free from bugs,etc. But I won't name them. Last time i got a warning for ''advertising on purpose'' lol.
    I highly, doubt it. The staff from a private server is not there to SERVE you. I know very well that some users are so demanding that under normal circumstances you would just kick them out. They want everything fixed at once otherwise they throw a tantrum. And also, you are talking in past, implying that you don't play there anymore, why? Rethorical question.

In my oppinion this sort of posts don't bring anything good, this is just a stage due to the hive swarm draining all the resources of another server, eventually things will get back to normal. If the actual playerbase is concerned, there are many ways you can improve the quality of the server:

-Friendly community.
    -Avoid becoming raid loggers.
    -Your own advertising through videos, threads on specialized forums etc.
    -Suggest events, changes, improvements.
    -Don't open threads that incite drama IE: "Server ded" "Admin awe diaperheads cuf they scammed my gold and they wont gif it bwack".

I don't know, just my 5 cents on the subject.

Edit:
    Well, this topic is in particular about Outland and not about Warmane as a whole.
    Players won't return to the Outland realm.
    Not as long as it's not a true high rate realm. Mixing high XP rates together with x1 prof/rep rates doesn't work out and never will be.
    Ppl either want a true blizzlike x1 experience or a high rate realm but not a weird mix of both which leads only to a poor gaming experience.
    There you go, you have made a possible suggestion there. And excuse me for being redundant, but regardless of the expansion this is a recurent issue in 99% of the private servers. That swarm with a majority of NA plebs that just want EVERYTHING their way, otherwise they threaten the staff by giving them a bad name on the hive mind website. However they still don't get that we don't give a flying **** about them, since raid loggers and server jumpers won't ever bring anything good to any private server.

Let me introduce you to how it works:

<+666> :BurgerKingMaphia: Server X will launch a fresh progressive realm guys.

<+15> :KingOfTheGuetto: Oh boi I'm so hyped by this, I got mah 20 fellas from da hood tha will come to check dat out!

<+43> :LordIncel: Yeah **** the Server Y, server X is the **** now, the admins of server Y were ****heads anyways.

<+14> :TronaldDump: I hope they make da thinks rite this time an add more perks for level up fast.

[Hidden] <-9999> :DKGodXMultiglad: But server Y wasn't that bad, we started good and suddenly everyone left, never had a problem with the admins or anything...

So yeah trust me they will return when they realize whatever other attempt of a private server just has the quality of a garbage bucket filled with sewer rats. Or when their 10 year old manchild hype goes away after realizing these servers are not as professional or trustworthy as this one.

Guys, been around in the pserver scene for a while and if warmane still hasn't went down, it won't go down any time soon. All that warmane has been doing is just getting better and better by the years, like a good Rioja.

11. Yes, we all know that those reddit hypetrain zombies exist and that there are many of them.
    Nontheless Outland has serious design flaws and as long as these aren't solved ppl won't stay on the realm.

12. That's a silly reason not to return, because you can't level professions quickly? lol so what, too lazy to level a weapon skill?!? So people are leaving because everything isn't handed to them? Good riddance, don't need that kind of player base flooding the realm anyways.

13. That's a silly reason not to return, because you can't level professions quickly? lol so what, too lazy to level a weapon skill?!? So people are leaving because everything isn't handed to them? Good riddance, don't need that kind of player base flooding the realm anyways.
    I'm talking mostly about how to attract newcomers. However, veterans will also return to Outland when it's made easier for them to gear up alt characters.
    Newcomers join Outland in the expectation of a high rate realm. They don't want a Icecrown/Lordaeron hybrid realm which has high XP rates while everything else is x1. No audience is attracted by that.
    Ppl want to skill up profs and rep while leveling up. Thats the way it's supposed to be in WoW. Nobody enjoys to run as a level 70 around in starter areas to skill up his profs on x1 rates. Nobody enjoys to do all the Outland qeusts as a max level character because he has no rep with any faction.
    The thing is that rep and profs play a fundamental role in the gearing process in TBC. Their rates have a high impact on if fresh 70s stay on the realm or give up because the grind is more monotonous and time consuming as they expected from a high rate realm.

14. It seems that people only love WOTLK expansion on this serever. Im here since 2009, and saw many expansion die pretty much, like cata and mop. After initial hype they are dead. It seems same with TBC, but some people saying its the best expansion. Well I guess its not?
    Its not just here, its the same for overall WOW private server community. Cata/Mop high population servers are literally non existing for years now. As far as TBC goes every time there is new server people hype and in 6 months to a year people have already moved to something else.

I cant say wyt people left TBC, all i can say is why i left. I simple got too tired of how much slower the gearing progression is compare to WOTLK and how classes felt way worst then they are in WOTLK. I played hunter and paladin on Outland and at some point i was asking myself "why i am playing here over WOTLK expansion where my classes feel 100 times more enjoyable gameplay wise. So i sold my characters for few hundred coins each and use this coins to buy Lordearon chars and gear up some Icecrown chars.

15. There are several reasons for the population drop of Outland.
    The biggest issue is Warmanes flawed design when it comes to Outlands server rates.
    Most ppl that join Outland nowadays come from other TBC private servers which have x1 rates. The most common reason why they leave their server is because they find the x1 rates too grindy and time consuming.
    They join Outland in the expectation of a high rate realm but in fact only the XP rates are increased, everything else is x1.

The first design flaw that newcomers face are the low prof rates: While the XP rates are x5 so players can level up quickly, the prof rates are x1. Consequently newcomers can't play the game like it's supposed to be which means skilling up profs while leveling up. In fact Skilling a prof on Outland up requires more time than leveling a character from 1-70. It doesn't make any sense...

The next design flaw are the x1 rep rates. Newcomers reach level 70 quickly, still in the expectation of a high rate realm. Once they reach 70 they realise that they have no rep to acquire any gear. They have to do all the Outland quests in order to get enough reputation to join HC dungeons. Whats the point of x5 XP rates in the Outland zones when players have to do anyway almost all the 60-70 quests to gain rep???

The next design flaw is the cash shop: Instant max level and BiS gear can be bought in the shop. So far so good.
    But there is no insant max prof, no instant rep and no instant weapon skill service.
    Players can create a instant max level character with complete BiS gear for money but the character has then zero rep, zero prof and zero weapon skill. Such a character can't even enter a HC dungeon. All of the mentioned things then have to be skilled up in a very monotonous and time consuming x1 grind and there is no way to skip that with money.
    What's the logic behind making BiS gear available for money but making it not possible to skip the x1 rep and prof grind????

The really sad part is that Outland isn't dying because of bugs. It's a excellent scripted realm. Probably the best scripted TBC server out there.
    It is dying because of flaws in the server design. x5 XP rates just don't go in line with x1 rep/weapon/prof rates. I don't understand why Warmane still refuses to see that...
    Ehh you could argue that'd get people through content faster and killing hype quicker

12 Last