1. A Weekly event for world PVP! In a scale never before seen in any realm!!

okay this is definitely a nonblizlike suggestion. but hear me out^^

I always loved world pvp much better than any other kind of pvp in game. it's spontaneous, it's limitless and extremely fun, but no reward whatsoever.

the event system i will propose will change world pvp forever, at least for once a week^^

Ladies and gentlemen, i give you:

THE CURSE OF THE FORGOTTEN ONE!

It's a regular day in Azeroth...
    Horde is chilling in Orgrimmar and the Alliance are just drooling over female gnomes, pedo perverts!

But suddenly, the sky darkens and they all hear an ominous voice, booming, full with malice. Someone, older than the time itself, is chanting a curse long forgotten... And they all hear the very bones of Azeroth respond. It is a dark song, only once before heard in Azeroth, eons ago. None alive remembers, for it was the time of the forgotten ones and they alone survived, consuming all else.

All the inhabitants feel the weakening power, and sense the impending doom that is falling upon them! Even the Lich King, shivers in his throne! (although, to be fair, that might be because it's really cold out there.)

What are they to do? They only have an inkling on where the source of this evil spawn! They have to band together to save Azeroth!
    The horde... The alliance... The scourge?(nah kidding, the scourge sits this one, r*****ed npcs!)
    But as they grow closer, a madness fills their spirit! For they know the one who vanquishes the great beast unknown, shall be bequeathed, a reward equal to the task!

Will the greed consume them, or will they work together? WE SHALL SEE!

LET THE HUNGER GAMES BEGIN!

Now that the intro rp is out of the way, here's the event:

Once a week either Kalimdor or Eastern kingdoms(i.e no fly zones) will be infiltrated by a dark figure, a mysterious forgotten one from the wow lore.

you will get a global warning about the continent in which the enemy spawns, but not the zone. it will be there for 12 hours,(can be tweaked to optimum) at peak hours of course.

the enemy should be hard to find with little to no clues as to it's existence. I imagine it to be a hooded figure just regular human size, doing some sort of an enchantment in a random spot.

Now the kicker, once the players find and engage the enemy boss, it transforms into a giant thing, Cthulhu style, and another global message is sent informing everyone to it's location.(only zone, and not the coordinates.) but should be relatively easy to find since there will be lots of players in location and the boss will be visible due to its size.

-The fight should be just a tank and spank thing, but the boss should have enough of a health pool for other factions to arrive and should hit hard enough to make things relatively difficult.(maybe an AOE once in a while to spike things up, screwing the people if they dont focus on boss and fight amongst themselves:))

-Once the boss is killed, it drops a chest. and the area surrounding the chest becomes a freaking Arena zone, like in STV arena! (preferably the whole zone)

-The chest has a 40 seconds opening timer, and interrupted by any damage. if you leave group in the middle of opening, it also interrupts, preventing ninja loots.(again can be tweaked to optimize)

-There is also a universal spirit spot, just to be equally close for both factions, but not a resurrection spirit like bg's or wg. So if you get 2min revive, you are screwed.

-People fight till one group is able to dominate the area and open the chest. once the chest is opened, loot is set to that raid and only they can loot it. this is just in case the raid decided to go with master loot or something. Items should have the shareable timer id for raid members just like in dungeons and raids.

-The chest drops 6-8 items, and they are all bis pvp gear, and pve offsets like bis pvp trinkets and weapons. (this should be tweaked by warmane staff, to increase or decrease the reward. But i think it's not too much of an item dump, since it's a worldwide event with only one winner per week, so they can be pretty extravagant with the rewards i reckon. maybe barring shadowmourne, everything goes...

Oh but wait, there is more!

if you are able to kill the boss, you get a week long buff: +5% all stats. (everyone in certain radius should get that buff i think) the buff's removed when the next week's event starts.

If the players are unable to find and kill the boss, all the realm gets a -2% all stats debuff. and this should be an incremental debuff. Like, for every week you fail you get 2% more, up to a 10 percent total. (i dont think this scenario is very likely. But still, it'd be really fun to see alliance and horde screwing each other for a week just because they were unable to stop for a while to kill the boss together. ^^

This is my idea of fun, and bringing new a new sort of experience to this old but great game. I hope you'd give it a try,(or at least bother to read, since it's a fairly long post:D) and we can all enjoy the results of a weekly world pvp.

because imagine the activity while people are searching for the boss, every zone will be full of wpvp. and the rush when finally the boss is discovered. and people backstabbing each other, pug raids with 40 people just turning on one another in the arena zone. horde killing hode, alliance killing alliance! full on carnage, just to get that sweet chest!:D (so bigger the reward greater the fun i guess, so dont be cheap, warmane!^^) Make this a reality! please!:D
    Edited: July 11, 2019

2. Hello,

This is kinda a nice idea of new event and make the world pvp a little more fun.
    Im up for something like this.
    But this one thing about 5% stats buff seems kinda unfair.

3. i hate it, a hard class to lvl up will have an even greater difficulty for it so no pls no debuff keep that to yourself

and yeah i have it already hard as fury warr lvling

4. oh come on, gallantry should be rewarded, and the way i see it, a good rpg game should have real life consequences when the heroes fail to stop the evil!
    if it were up to me, Lich King would have invaded both continents and moved with impunity to subjugate all of Azeroth, unless the armies of horde and alliance were there to challenge and stop them! xD

but the numbers could be tweaked as i said before, and maybe the lowbies are given immunity to the debuff. but still i feel it'd be much more realistic if there were real life consequences to stopping the evil. in real life, evil does not wait for you to defeat them at your pleasure...

5. sounds like a lot of custom coding for something that would likely die down after a month er 2. not worth their time imo.

6. I'd rather implement a cross-realm pvp area.
    Smth such as blackrocks isle of queldanas but as a cross-realm zone which players from all wotlk realms can enter by talking to a NPC.

7. The buff and debuff stuff is bs. Why cripple people that aren't interested in some ****ty custom "boss"?
    That may become like an event during new years holidays or something, but not a regular thing.

8. Seems like another multiboxer farming spot tho..

9. sounds like a lot of custom coding for something that would likely die down after a month er 2. not worth their time imo.
    do you really think it'd die if you had an extra chance to get a bis weapon like hc glorenzelg, or hc cts, or hc dc, or any other bis item that most players don't even have a chance to get (at least as far as lordaeron realm is concerned)
    do you think people would stop pursuing it just because they have done it few times? I dont think this event would die down anymore than icc25 runs would die down.
    but i agree it's most likely a lot of coding, but i think it'd be pretty fun to do nonetheless.

I'd rather implement a cross-realm pvp area.
    What's the incentive for people going in those areas?

Seems like another multiboxer farming spot tho..
    i fail to see how, because the multiboxers, like any other players, wont know where the boss is, and will have to look for it. and a 40 man raid could wipe a multiboxer pretty easy if they come face to face.

this is a world event, i expect people to get 40 man raids, and once the chest appears, it's an arena zone, so no faction difference at all, and that means the team with the mboxers will lose.

and to those who think the debuff is bad, i say grow a pair, and join the world pvp! these are all pvp servers are they not?

10. No way. Never ever should they drop bis items, that's just plain stupid.

11. and why is that? can you give reason as to why that's "plain stupid?" Or just that you dont like it, that's why? 6 items per week is nothing for a realm of 7k-12k people. and the item pool and drop rates would make it sufficiently hard. as hard as having to go through pve. and it makes a pathway for pvp only players to get their pve offsets by PvP.
    ah, the people are so conservative. not open to new things at all, and defend the old with stubborn devotion, even though there is not a single logical argument behind it, and dub it plain stupid... and this is just a game, imagine the real life changes^^

12. The argument is that this realm will never update to cata, mop, wod, legion, bfa and they will remain bis forever.
    You'd just be giving away bis items for nothing, at least in raids you get some crappy items from time to time so you don't get bis only items in each run.

The debuff hurts people who actually like wotlk without the bs custom bosses, if I wanted a custom server I'd play elsewhere.
    Most you could get it some mounts cause that doesn't really affect anything other than people parked in front of Orgrimmar/Stormwind and their cool mounts.

Whoever wants the BIS PVE parts already has a pathway: either start raiding or get it from the store.
    Where's the boss that drops WF items that require rating?

13. do you really think it'd die if you had an extra chance to get a bis weapon like hc glorenzelg, or hc cts, or hc dc, or any other bis item that most players don't even have a chance to get (at least as far as lordaeron realm is concerned)
    do you think people would stop pursuing it just because they have done it few times? I dont think this event would die down anymore than icc25 runs would die down.
    but i agree it's most likely a lot of coding, but i think it'd be pretty fun to do nonetheless.
    i do indeed. after the first few weeks 90% of players will realize they stand 0 chance of getting the items and not waste their time with said event. ICC runs are a completely different animal. your not competing with 100s or 1000's of others for your loot.

14. What's the incentive for people going in those areas?
    PvPing just like they used to in isle of queldanas on Blackrock.

15. i do indeed. after the first few weeks 90% of players will realize they stand 0 chance of getting the items and not waste their time with said event. ICC runs are a completely different animal. your not competing with 100s or 1000's of others for your loot.
    yea some people will stop doing it, most likely pve players... But there will be lots of other players who will wait just for that day to get their fill in world pvp, andbecause there is an incentive. it would hit on an equilibrium at one point and probably mostly the people who are invested in pvp would continue to do it, but that's perfectly alright since people who enjoy world pvp would have a set time and place to do it realmwide, and be rewarded for their efforts too.

Originally Posted by truthwow
    PvPing just like they used to in isle of queldanas on Blackrock.
    yea well, it's not an either or thing you know. but i dont think that area would be filled too much, and also doesnt feel to me as a world pvp zone. because it's a designated place you know. not in the real map. it's just a bg that lasts forever and keeps no score.

if only you people played ultima online, we had so much fun pvping in that game. we used to fight hours and hours trying to tame one rare mount, and most of the time we killed the mount in the process, so no one got it. but it was the best pvp fun. and i think this game lacks opportunities like that. Having giant fights in open world to get something precious even though you will probably not get it. that's what makes mmorpg pvp really great... not the battlegrounds, not arena...

also just realized one player says "you'll be giving the items for nothing" and the other one says people will not waste their time because they'd have zero chance getting it. We wont be giving items for nothing, we will be giving them to the team that has dominated the whole server... if that's not an accomplishment in pvp, then i dont know what is.

but yea i dont really think the staff would go for it. i knew that when i first pitched it. but still i think it'd be great have it though and i have no regrets putting it forth:P
    Edited: July 12, 2019

12 Last