1. Cross Faction BGs

I've been playing on this server for quite a while and although I've had a break for almost a year while studying I recently came back and started playing again. I prefer doing PvP and bgs, but in the last couple of weeks more or less the only BGs available is the occasional WSG and whichever has the daily PvP quest. I'm not certain on the rate on Horde vs Alliance queues, but I would imagine it would benefit both sides if we could queue and do BGs no matter which faction you're on. A previous private server I played on did this when the number of players dwindled as the server came to its natural death. They did the same for PvE, which would be tremendously helpful as an alliance player where there is so few PUG raids at any given time.

I would love to hear the thoughts of the masses and possibly even the boss-men in charge of the server.

xoxo,
    Eirikz

2. I doubt Cross Faction BGs will do much because its a lack of players Qing, not too much Qing on a single side.

Blackrock - TBC would be a much better choice because it will give people the opportunity to test out TBC PvP without any commitment.

3. Yea, I don't think it will have a big impact but I also think it should be done - any little bit helps.

During NA times most nights there are literally 0 BGs popping. I think this hurts the server's ability to regain population since any NA pvp players that return or try to start here will be discouraged when they see no activity.

Because of this, I'd like to hear whether this issue has been taken to the dev team to brainstorm solutions or if they are too pessimistic to even bother.

4. The BG queue system of Outland needs to be reworked.
    Our shrinking PvP playerbase is divided in 4 isolated BG queues and that leads to long queue times and to empty BGs poping up.
    The issue would be solved by implementing a random BG queue, universal marks and a "win a rbg" daily quest.
    That way pvpers would be lined up in a single random queue rather than 4 isolated queues. The result would be shorter queue times and no more half empty BGs.

Realms with a very low population such as Neltharion or Frostwolf had still shorter BG queue times and more filled BGs than Outland. That actually shows how much the BG situation on Outland could be improved by implementing the BG queue system of later xpacs.
    Because of this, I'd like to hear whether this issue has been taken to the dev team to brainstorm solutions or if they are too pessimistic to even bother.
    They don't care. They rather add BiS gear to the coin store than solving fundamental design flaws of the realm first.
    I mean, Warmane didn't even realise by now that x5 XP rates don't go in line with x1 rep and prof rates.
    In WoW you are supposed to skill up profs while leveling up but on Outland that obviously doesn't work out because the prof rates are 5 times lower than the XP rates.
    Same design flaw when it comes to the x1 rep rates: With x5 XP rates players did around one-fifth of the Outland quests when they hit 70. That means they have almost no rep with any faction after hitting max level and in order to get that rep they have to do all the Outland quests as a level 70 character.
    Warmane, is it really so hard to finally increase the rep and prof rates to x5 so players can skill up rep and prof on the way to max level like it's supposed to be???
    Newcomers join Outland in the expectation of a high rate realm. They rather quit than grinding everything on x1 rates after reaching max level.

Make Outland less grindy. Make the rates like on Icecrown. That is the key to success.
    If you leave Outland as it is, a weird mix of a high rate and hardcore x1 realm, then this realm has no future.
    No audience is attracted by a hardcore x1 realm with increased XP rates.
    Edited: July 13, 2019

5. Your absolutely correct, the server would be much better if:

x2 Honor Rate
    x2 Arena Point Rate
    x2 Honor Rate
    x5 Profession Rate
    x5 Reputation Rate

Right now, everything takes WAY to long, and newer players quit pretty fast;

6. Your absolutely correct, the server would be much better if:

x2 Honor Rate
    x2 Arena Point Rate
    x2 Honor Rate
    x5 Profession Rate
    x5 Reputation Rate

Right now, everything takes WAY to long, and newer players quit pretty fast;
    I'd leave arena points on x1 rates but I agree on the rest.
    It wouldn't even lower the donations when these rates are increased. There is no instant prof or rep service for coins and barely anyone donates for honor gear.
    Edited: July 13, 2019

7. I'd leave arena points on x1 rates but I agree on the rest.
    Actually when i think about it, arena points won't change much because its not a grindy issue.

This server really needs to "get you into the game" quicker once you reach 70.

It took months of spamming quick AVs for me to get fully geared. I could only imagine what it's like now with longer AVs, and less BGs happening.
    I was spamming dungeons and was surprised how many it took to earn reputation.

This is a recipe for making newer players who don't donate much to leave the server. It would be better getting them to the raiding stage quicker, and getting them geared up in PvP faster so they don't give up.

8. Agree with both of you. It's obvious the status quo isn't working, so Warmane should take the risk to shake things up.

9. I never understood why tbc servers die so fast.I mean classic is more grindy and harder than tbc but still people prefer it over tbc.My point is tbc servers never had a healthy pvp/pve community like classic and wotlk and pve is dead after they clear all raids while in the other patches people are making alts and keep playing.

10. I never understood why tbc servers die so fast.I mean classic is more grindy and harder than tbc but still people prefer it over tbc.My point is tbc servers never had a healthy pvp/pve community like classic and wotlk and pve is dead after they clear all raids while in the other patches people are making alts and keep playing.
    I doubt that many players left Outland because they cleared all the raids. Most of them probably didn't even make it to SWP.
    There are many reasons why ppl leave but I don't think that the majority left because they cleared all the content.

When it comes to alt chars, its not very attractive to play them on Outland because the whole grind has to be done for a second time.
    I don't think that many players find it enjoyable to do all the rep grinds on x1 rates twice. Same story when its about doing the x1 honor grind for a second time.
    I think the audience that is attracted by a high rate realm (Outland pretends to be one), just doesn't have the time and patience to do these monotonious x1 grinds twice.

I'm not sure why Classic realms last longer, I never played on one. Maybe there is just less competition between classic private servers than on TBC.
    Maybe the audience of Classic WoW is different than on TBC. Maybe its more about rpg and less end games focused. I have no idea.

11. I doubt that many players left Outland because they cleared all the raids. Most of them probably didn't even make it to SWP.
    There are many reasons why ppl leave but I don't think that the majority left because they cleared all the content.

When it comes to alt chars, its not very attractive to play them on Outland because the whole grind has to be done for a second time.
    I don't think that many players find it enjoyable to do all the rep grinds on x1 rates twice. Same story when its about doing the x1 honor grind for a second time.
    I think the audience that is attracted by a high rate realm (Outland pretends to be one), just doesn't have the time and patience to do these monotonious x1 grinds twice.

I'm not sure why Classic realms last longer, I never played on one. Maybe there is just less competition between classic private servers than on TBC.
    Maybe the audience of Classic WoW is different than on TBC. Maybe its more about rpg and less end games focused. I have no idea.
    I dont know man even if outland had the same rates as icecrown the result would be the same.I think its just the patch in general that people dont like.For example there were 3 servers with decent population 1 of them died completely like a month ago and the other 2 are outland and another x1 server.Both servers lost most of their population very fast.But yea i agree about the outland's x1 rate on professions weapons etc its very slow for a x5 xp rate server they should make it at least x2 or x3 like icecrown.
    Edited: July 15, 2019

12. I dont know man even if outland had the same rates as icecrown the result would be the same.I think its just the patch in general that people dont like.For example there were 3 servers with decent population 1 of them died completely like a month ago and the other 2 are outland and another x1 server.Both servers lost most of their population very fast.But yea i agree about the outland's x1 rate on professions weapons etc its very slow for a x5 xp rate server they should make it at least x2 or x3 like icecrown.
    im not sure what your trying to get at but to sit here and say well people just don't like patch 2.4.3 is beyond dumb!TBC was/is and always will be wow's prime years!what was broken in classic got fixed in TBC only to have them drop the ball when wrath rolled around.

why do servers population go up and down?easy to answer = people come and go!take a look at live wow... it once had what 12 million subs and its down to what a few million now?people play then stop its as simple as that.

i left a very old TBC server to come here outland had 12k+ and a 2nd tbc server... seems pretty popular and well liked.over what 2 years people come and go... 2 new TBC server opened up and took alot of players many of which came back to outland. live wow dropped a new x -pac and soon classic along with being summer time = people go outside. and yet outland still has over 2+k on pretty much every day i even seen over 3k+ on a week o so again. to be honest thats great #'s for a private server competing with 3 or 4 other TBC servers and live wow.the main issue is everyone is spread out over a few tbc servers and live wow when others stop paying wow all together and go play something else.

look at the the mop server here or what ever it is... you do not think theres more then 400 people that like that x-pac?of course there is so why low pop?like i said above.

there are things warmane's staff can do to to spice up outland rep and professions rates are a good start but i do not think they should be 5xps but they can do better then what they are now.

i also think something like rated battle grounds would be a huge boom to outland we would be the ONLY TBC server with rated bgs. some wow servers have solo q rated arena so im sure making RBG system would not be to difficult.
    and how cool/fun would it be doing rbgs' with 10 form your guild vs another guild?we all know that would be a blast.

13. im not sure what your trying to get at but to sit here and say well people just don't like patch 2.4.3 is beyond dumb!TBC was/is and always will be wow's prime years!what was broken in classic got fixed in TBC only to have them drop the ball when wrath rolled around.

why do servers population go up and down?easy to answer = people come and go!take a look at live wow... it once had what 12 million subs and its down to what a few million now?people play then stop its as simple as that.

i left a very old TBC server to come here outland had 12k+ and a 2nd tbc server... seems pretty popular and well liked.over what 2 years people come and go... 2 new TBC server opened up and took alot of players many of which came back to outland. live wow dropped a new x -pac and soon classic along with being summer time = people go outside. and yet outland still has over 2+k on pretty much every day i even seen over 3k+ on a week o so again. to be honest thats great #'s for a private server competing with 3 or 4 other TBC servers and live wow.the main issue is everyone is spread out over a few tbc servers and live wow when others stop paying wow all together and go play something else.

look at the the mop server here or what ever it is... you do not think theres more then 400 people that like that x-pac?of course there is so why low pop?like i said above.

there are things warmane's staff can do to to spice up outland rep and professions rates are a good start but i do not think they should be 5xps but they can do better then what they are now.

i also think something like rated battle grounds would be a huge boom to outland we would be the ONLY TBC server with rated bgs. some wow servers have solo q rated arena so im sure making RBG system would not be to difficult.
    and how cool/fun would it be doing rbgs' with 10 form your guild vs another guild?we all know that would be a blast.
    lol i am 100% sure you didnt get what i was trying to say so who's the dumb here?(go read my 2 previous massages).I was trying to say that there are so many classic-wotlk servers (1 of them is icecrown) that over the years they dont lose players but the opposite they get more and more players or worse they stay stable while there are 0 tbc servers which happens the same thing.Tbc is my favorite patch i started wow back then so i am not trying to be offensive over it i am just trying to understand why people dont like it as much as wotlk or classic.

14. TBC was/is and always will be wow's prime years!what was broken in classic got fixed in TBC only to have them drop the ball when wrath rolled around.
    No. WoWs prime years were during Wotlk. WoW had the most subscriptions in that xpac. The pop dropped with the release of cata.
    Your subjective opinion might be that TBC is the best xpac. I also like TBC the most. Nonetheless that's just a personal opinion and it doesn't represent the general consent.

If it's really that simple then how does it come that Icecrown has now for over 3 years a steady 12k pop?
    How does that go in line with your "people come and go" theory?
    Edited: July 15, 2019

15. No. WoWs prime years were during Wotlk. WoW had the most subscriptions in that xpac. The pop dropped with the release of cata.
    Your subjective opinion might be that TBC is the best xpac. I also like TBC the most. Nonetheless that's just a personal opinion and it doesn't represent the general consent.

If it's really that simple then how does it come that Icecrown has now for over 3 years a steady 12k pop?
    How does that go in line with your "people come and go" theory?
    wow here we go.....
    so you think subs #'s means peak/prime/best?start of cata had higher sub #'s then both classic and TBC so you think cata is "better"? start of cata = same sub #'s as wrath so they are =? cata and mop had more subs then classic so they are better right? no!

sub #'s are not the end all be all stat to measure quality of game play and your chat proves tha and its easy to see that cata mop and wod all have = to or better sub #'s then classic and some of tbc, that does not mean better. i could sit here and tell you the reason why wrath sold well was do to the greatest of TBC and it was big hype train.

so when i was peak/prime im talkign game play and yes wow prime was during TBC, what was broken in classic was fix and improved in TBC only for blizz to drop the ball in wrath. if you or anyone else played wrath live then you would know how broken it was/is and how unbalanced that x -pac really was. broken 2v2 that blizz scrapped op'ed class like dks pallys open world pvp was broken broken human racial broken pve gear the x-pac that gave the first "welfare epics" and easy access raiding. i could list more but its a waste of time and thats not what this thread is about.

im not really sure why icecrown has 12k players but it does not chnage what i said it actually proves my point correct. you claim that icecrown has 12+k player right and its has for 3 years correct? so where did the 12+k players that played on outland come from and lets not forget about the other tbc server that was here. your answer is what?where did the 12k players from outland go?you cant say icecrown or it would have 24k+ players.....

you see players come and go i know people that play both wrath and tbc i know guys that quit wrath to play tbc...and im sure your one of them...that is proff of players coming and going right?

like i said im not 100% sure why icecrown has so many people but i have a few ideas why its popular. rose colored glasses... friends play there so others follow... tons of $$$$ spend on cash shop so people do not leave. op'ed face roll one man army classes/specs that make someone look good when they not. heres one i cant seem to understand... the ONLY pvp balance at all in wrath was 3v3 and that was still half *** yet everyone on icecrown runs 2v2 and makes qq threads about how broken they are with broken classes/specs and gear and racials....well yeah thats why blizz scrapped 2v2 and told everyone to run 3v3... why play wrath and not run 3v3 and only complain about how bad 2v2 is...its like drinking a ton of beer then complaing you got a hang over... lol.

again i do not want to get into this whole what the better x-pac because thats not what this thread is about but i stand by what i said players do come and go and until you cna tell me where the 12+k players from outland went here i will keep saying im right.
    summer time... new x-pac for wow classic beta.. 2 new tbc servers....the tbc serve ri came from is like 10 years old and still going but is low pop now... players left it to go to outland. i checked out one of the new tbc servers a few months ago was packed with a log in q...yet outland still had 2-3k online and icecrown had 12k... so where did the players come from? do you know how many players i see over there from outland?i seen entire guilds....

12 Last