1. Lag and queue times

Hi everyone. New guy here. Can't help but notice the 2-3 hour queue to join Icecrown, as well as some people complaining about lag.

It's got me wondering: instead of all this hate, why not host a mirror-copy of Icecrown? Double the number of players, half the lag, half the hate, right?

Also, increased capacity, increased potential for profit. I mean, right now I'm tempted just to **** off to a different server because, despite being a patient man, it's quick; it's easy; and it's cheaper than this money-grubbing 'donate to skip the queue' concept that I find somewhat repugnant.

However, following the money-grubbing mentality for a sec, it's in your best interest to let players invest time and effort into your server BEFORE you try squeeze money out of them. Maybe even give them a little something for free, to enhance the illusion of being too far gone to go simply migrate to a different server.

Anyway, just some food for thought, coming from a guy that just wants to play a videogame without waiting for 2 hours. That said, if there IS, in fact, a plan for another server, and being a new guy I missed that, cool! Can't wait.

2. Hi everyone. New guy here. Can't help but notice the 2-3 hour queue to join Icecrown, as well as some people complaining about lag.

It's got me wondering: instead of all this hate, why not host a mirror-copy of Icecrown? Double the number of players, half the lag, half the hate, right?

Also, increased capacity, increased potential for profit. I mean, right now I'm tempted just to **** off to a different server because, despite being a patient man, it's quick; it's easy; and it's cheaper than this money-grubbing 'donate to skip the queue' concept that I find somewhat repugnant.

However, following the money-grubbing mentality for a sec, it's in your best interest to let players invest time and effort into your server BEFORE you try squeeze money out of them. Maybe even give them a little something for free, to enhance the illusion of being too far gone to go simply migrate to a different server.

Anyway, just some food for thought, coming from a guy that just wants to play a videogame without waiting for 2 hours. That said, if there IS, in fact, a plan for another server, and being a new guy I missed that, cool! Can't wait.
    What do you mean "double the number of players"? The queue is like 3k max at worst peak hours, not even close to 12k.

If you feel really strongly about not donating, wish to play at peak hours and don't want to wait, go lordaeron. Won't be as popular but hey, that's why there is absolutely no waiting time. :)

3. What do you mean "double the number of players"? The queue is like 3k max at worst peak hours, not even close to 12k.
    1 Server max capacity = x
    2 of the same servers = 2x
    "Double the number of players."

If you feel really strongly about not donating, wish to play at peak hours and don't want to wait, go lordaeron. Won't be as popular but hey, that's why there is absolutely no waiting time. :)
    So I think you miss my point: the server's full. The majority of players don't want to pay to play on a private server. It's also safe to say that the majority of players don't want to play on a x1 rate server. So, it would be in the best interest of Warmane AND the current players AND the POTENTIAL players to host an additional server that provides the same experience as Icecrown. Saying "pay up or go do the other thing for a sloppy seconds" is ignorant and counterproductive.

That said I'm fine with donating. I did it on my previous server. A good server deserves donations. But I'm not going to ****in' pay to play.

Also "peak hours" seem to be 10am-10pm... Also known as 'all day'.
    Edited: July 14, 2019

4. Hi everyone. New guy here. Can't help but notice the 2-3 hour queue to join Icecrown, as well as some people complaining about lag.

Yes they should definitely abandon the model they have been using successful for past 10 years and listen to the new guy who just joined the server, i am sure you know better.

Warmane already provided alternative, its called Lordearon. Another alternative is to get premium account. But if this alternatives don't work for you and if you really are tempted to leave to another server, hey good luck. Warmane was doing well for 10 years w/o you, i am sure they will survive you leaving.

ALso spliting the server will most likely not happen, it cost more money and work to maintain 2 server instead of 1 and there is no real reason to do that since the server is doing perfectly fine the way it is.

5. Yes they should definitely abandon the model they have been using successful for past 10 years and listen to the new guy who just joined the server, i am sure you know better.
    No doubt it's successful - just look at the player counts! 12k! That's more than 10x the population of my previous server! However, I'm one example of a typical player; I want to play for free, I want to play now; and **** playing with 1x rates.

Warmane already provided alternative, its called Lordearon. Another alternative is to get premium account. But if this alternatives don't work for you and if you really are tempted to leave to another server, hey good luck. Warmane was doing well for 10 years w/o you, i am sure they will survive you leaving.
    So Warmane is perfect and infallible. No room for any constructive criticism whatsoever. Gotcha. Kappa

ALso spliting the server will most likely not happen, it cost more money and work to maintain 2 server instead of 1 and there is no real reason to do that since the server is doing perfectly fine the way it is.
    You think Warmane has nothing to gain by allowing more players to play at once for free? You don't think having a larger capacity will facilitate a larger audience and you don't think a larger audience will yield more money?

I think you also missed my point: the server, is full. Warmane could benefit MORE by allowing more people to partake in this service at once than if it handicaps its own playercount with the server cap and potential customer's wallets.

Look, I'm not here to ***** and moan and argue with defensive little pussies - I'm simply suggesting an additional Icerown-like server, and I'm justifying it with a little anecdotal and a little objective logic and reason.

6. 1 Server max capacity = x
    2 of the same servers = 2x
    "Double the number of players."
    So... it's double the capacity, NOT the number of players. Two completely different things. The new server that could potentially serve 12k+ people would serve only 2-3k that are waiting in queues regularly. So not worth it for warmane (or would be for anyone), that's exactly why they aren't gonna do it.

So I think you miss my point: the server's full. The majority of players don't want to pay to play on a private server. It's also safe to say that the majority of players don't want to play on a x1 rate server. So, it would be in the best interest of Warmane AND the current players AND the POTENTIAL players to host an additional server that provides the same experience as Icecrown. Saying "pay up or go do the other thing for a sloppy seconds" is ignorant and counterproductive.

That said I'm fine with donating. I did it on my previous server. A good server deserves donations. But I'm not going to ****in' pay to play.

Also "peak hours" seem to be 10am-10pm... Also known as 'all day'.
    By paying you get wayyyy more than just an option to play. You get 10 coins, firstly, which you can actually use, and you get an option to use site trading (items/gold/chars). All of this... forever for ONE time payment, it's not monthly or anything. Whatever your definition for "pay to play" is, it is WRONG.

Look, I'm not here to ***** and moan and argue with defensive little pussies - I'm simply suggesting an additional Icerown-like server, and I'm justifying it with a little anecdotal and a little objective logic and reason.
    Looks like you are the one who is incapable of taking "constructive criticism", not warmane, if the second someone argues with your "logic" you jump to insults.

7. So Warmane is perfect and infallible. No room for any constructive criticism whatsoever. Gotcha. Kappa
    There is a room for criticism, however everything you have said have been discussed multiple times before. Its annoying to keep seeing people who just join the server and are too lazy to use "search" function in the forum. Maybe you think you know better then other people and have some original ideas that no one else in past 10 years have come up with, but you don't. Use the search button before making threads like that one.

8. Look, I'm not here to ***** and moan and argue with defensive little pussies - I'm simply suggesting an additional Icerown-like server, and I'm justifying it with a little anecdotal and a little objective logic and reason.
    http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=241277

there's a reason a new realm is on the do not suggest list.

either wait, donate, play another realm or piss off. those are your choices.

9. @OP, Warmane did have 2 Realm, Ragnaros and Deathwing before they merged them, and the reason they merged them in the first place was because Lordaeron got so much hype that the playerbase litterally halfed (if not even more).
    After the hype died out and everyone came back to their x12, (or was it x20 back then anyway) The sever got overfilled and queues started to happen.
    So they increased the realms capacity of players to the brink of collapse, but that only made more eyes look this way "look at that private servers realm capacity daym son!" and big population numbers allways attract more people.

On the side note, 3-4k people in queue is infact much more people who just instantly shuts down wow once they se the 2 hour wait time, might infact be 5-6k players for all we know, Warmane has the right number since they track the loggins.

10. Is it really 3-4k in queue? Right now there is no queue at all and yesterday around 8-9 PM there i check on alt account and there was only 650. I havent been in queue for 8+ years on Warmane/Molten and i am very curious how big and long they are exactly. Gonna try to log in on non premium account this evening and use stopwatch to see how long it will take to get in.

11. Reply

So... it's double the capacity, NOT the number of players. Two completely different things. The new server that could potentially serve 12k+ people would serve only 2-3k that are waiting in queues regularly. So not worth it for warmane (or would be for anyone), that's exactly why they aren't gonna do it.

By paying you get wayyyy more than just an option to play. You get 10 coins, firstly, which you can actually use, and you get an option to use site trading (items/gold/chars). All of this... forever for ONE time payment, it's not monthly or anything. Whatever your definition for "pay to play" is, it is WRONG.

Looks like you are the one who is incapable of taking "constructive criticism", not warmane, if the second someone argues with your "logic" you jump to insults.
    It's not worth it simply because no one would pay to get through queue, when there is no queue.
    New server would attract tons of people from Icecrown as well, population would be leveled, like 6k each. With a difference that undergeared people would switch to a new server, only end-game geared players would stay and get bored ( No one would like to get end-game gear and deal with smourmers more than greenies, yummy! ), so eventually people from Icecrown would swap to a new one to feed on new players and greenies. It would be a disaster for the Icecrown we know.

Paying minimum requirement to pass the queue will not get you premium status, so you won't be able to use site trade option.
    It actually is pay to play, however it is indeed small and one time price.

12. It's not worth it simply because no one would pay to get through queue, when there is no queue.
    New server would attract tons of people from Icecrown as well, population would be leveled, like 6k each. With a difference that undergeared people would switch to a new server, only end-game geared players would stay and get bored ( No one would like to get end-game gear and deal with smourmers more than greenies, yummy! ), so eventually people from Icecrown would swap to a new one to feed on new players and greenies. It would be a disaster for the Icecrown we know.
    I love how everything is so simple in your head. In reality, though, it is not - you don't know what EXACTLY would happen just like any of us, and yet you pull actual numbers from your ***. What we do know, is that we don't have even close to 24k population, so there's a high probability that it would not be beneficial for Warmane to open up a clone of IC.

Paying minimum requirement to pass the queue will not get you premium status, so you won't be able to use site trade option.
    It... does get you premium status and gives you the option to utilize all of those things. I have payed the minimum fee of 10 euros like 5 years ago and I still have the premium status from then. You have misunderstood something.

It is not pay to play - a new user can log in without paying anything for however long he wants. Your definition of "pay to play" is WRONG.
    Edited: July 17, 2019

13. It's not worth it simply because no one would pay to get through queue, when there is no queue.

WaRmAnE bAd

It's been explained before and it's just getting annoying saying it over and over again.
    Having 2 realms is way more work, and like it or not, warmane needs the money to pay for the servers. Yes, those don't come free with large playerbase, even worse, they get more expensive the more players you have.

14. While we have a safe ground, so to speak, the Icecrown, opening a new exactly the same server would be kind of a gamble. Majority of players would just enter and play, if they do not have to pass any queues. And that being said, having 2 servers with 10k or even 8k player capacity would be the best thing to do, still maintain large player base, both servers with 1-2k players in queue, win - win. However, it would be a very hard decision to make. Not to mention even harder to balance.

Someone would say that we had the same case in the past, and they would be right, yet Molten was not so popular as Warmane is now, and both Molten WoTLK realms had 6k players altogether. It means that Warmane crafted one hell of a server during the time.
    There would still be a chance the same scenario from the past may happen. As I previously said, a hard decision to make and, too much to lose, not worth it.

15. WaRmAnE bAd

It's been explained before and it's just getting annoying saying it over and over again.
    Having 2 realms is way more work, and like it or not, warmane needs the money to pay for the servers. Yes, those don't come free with large playerbase, even worse, they get more expensive the more players you have.
    This server deserves donation, there's no question about it. No matter how poor you are, you are always gonna pay this 10 Dollar bill some place else, be it fast food, new sun glasses, whatever. Everyone can squish 10 bucks.

If it is annoying for you to do anything and/or repeat yourself, why do you do it brother?

123 Last