1. [Priest] Changing meta?

So I've been playing Discipline for months/years, the meta was pretty much the same, stack mp5, 1400 resi, offset with spirit, (eventually cap spell pene), (eventually cap hit rating).
    Yesterday I randomly checked the SoloQ ladder, which is the only thing I do basically since I stopped with pve and serious arenas, and I see rank 1 priest with crit + haste gear, same for rank 2 priest. They also have 3% increased critical healing effect as meta socket. Not to mention they both use Marrowgar Frigid's Eye instead of the Ashen Verdict ring, which gives slighty more stats (the same exactly stats) and a proc on heals. So why are they playing with a weaker ring, when there is one better and with a proc with Spell Power on heals?
    Why they stack crit and they run with 0 hit rating and 0 spell penetration?
    I have so many questions.
    I can't imagine playing Disci without some spell penetration, a fear can be crucial if missed/resisted.
    Anyone can give me an explanation?

Also little offtopic: why every Retribution Paladin picks talent excluding Crusader Strike and Divine Storm, and then they go on Protection tree until the 1h specialization? And they run in arena with Royal Scepter and Shield?

Again, I have so many questions..

Thanks for reading.

2. the meta is surviving 284 meta with shadowmourne i cant imagine mp5 helping much with that

3. I played a 39 minutes arena vs a 2600 druid, and i OOMed like mad, I can't imagine being socketed crit. I would have lost 100%.
    Whatever, what about the weaker ring? Any explanation?

4. soloQ matches end so fast, no point going for mp5.
    1415 resi cap is a must, and haste/crit increases your healing by a lot, all this because 284 Shadowmourne Meta is pathetic and the damage is unhealeable.

5. Syturio, Priest mp5 has 326 Haste and 750 mp5, with 13,48% spell crit.
    Priest "crit/haste" has 341 Haste and 643 mp5, with 17,70% spell crit.
    The difference is minimum, I wouldn't call this "a lot", I don't see how 4% increased spell crit can save me from 284 meta burst. Also I don't see how can I use a defensive Psychic Scream when it gets missed/resisted because I run with 0 hit rating and 0 spell penetration.
    The damage is unhealable anyway, you just need a partner that knows how to peel and this is a fact, you can't tank forever as a Priest, specially if you ran out of defensive cds (Pain Suppression, Desperate Prayer, Inner Focus, Bauble, Trinket, Psychic Scream)

I'm still waiting a reply from someone regarding the use of Marrowgar Frigid Eye instead of the ICC Ring?

Or the weird Retri Paladins new build?

Probably the list goes on and on but I just checked the Priest situation, because I play only that class.

6. concerning Marrowgar ring: its better because you get nearly +10 more stats than the icc one. the icc is kinda useless if you get cc during proc for exemple, or cs...
    which means, marrowgar gives you more spell, intel, stamina, mp5 hast for 100% of the time. ICC ring is better, if it procs at the right moment.But its rarely the case.

For pala: Preghiera's spec is based on the fact that when you soloq as ret, you're peeling/offhealing 100% of the time... Dispelling, proc flash of light, freedom etc... etc... which means even if you spec for divine storm or crusader strike you can't really use them ON CD.
    3s soloq is not like 2s, if you're doing 2s with a Disc priest healboting you, you'll deal more dmg with regular spec.

Concerning the 284 pve spellpower wep as "preg spec":
    since you're playing already 100% of the time defensively, just equip spellpower wep, you'll deal nearly as much dmg and you'll boost your heals ALOT!
    => 4k+ uncrit flash of light
    play with crit trinket, 1hand, and spec that gives you extra 1hand attacks + 10% dmg when 1h is equipped

=> preg gave birth to a new kind of heal retadin

Hope it helps

7. Since we're playing on the 284 meta, the 277 version of Marrowgar's ring is available.
    +5 intel
    +5 stamina
    +9 hast
    +9 spell (+14 with bonus)
    +the bonus [2mp5 for ICC] and 5 spell for Marrowgar HC

[the stats listed above are the diff between ICC and Marrowgar HC]

After all it's your choice... i do pref playing with 14 spell and 9 hast on all attacks and gcd, even if its a smaller bonus, than hoping for a good proc.

Keep in mind we're all understanding the game differently. I just met a Disc with full stamina gems because "it helps disc"
    Maybe i'm stupid and he will be in the next gladiator generation :)
    Edited: July 16, 2019

8. i do pref playing with 14 spell and 9 hast on all attacks and gcd, even if its a smaller bonus, than hoping for a good proc.
    It's kinda like saying "I won't equip this ring because I will be in CC while procced or it will proc at wrong time so screw it". It's weird, but it's your choice. I don't like it very much considering 9 haste won't change my life.

Keep in mind we're all understanding the game differently. I just met a Disc with full stamina gems because "it helps disc"
    Maybe i'm stupid and he will be in the next gladiator generation :)
    I tried going full Stamina as ShadowP on a different server, I was 40k HP+ and I achieved 2300 rating 3v3, Gladiator range, the setup was HPal+AWarrior+SPriest. I was kinda focused on helping with heals and mainly dispelling my HPaladin, so yeah, maybe the Preg's spec it's kinda the same, but I feel like it is built to work with a Disci Priest.

9. yo sry, i just saw this topic now, i am the priest u talkin about.

The reason i went with crit is because sq games last 5mn at best, and only then u start to go oom, even after u use fiend and hymn.

So it is good vs teams u know they gonna close the game very soon, or you are.

i don't hold r1 disc anymore in sq, Peo is, with a different build.

i am rank 4 with pureangel 6 nineinch and 8 giuliah.

i switch gear in base at what enemy i am facing all the time, we used to do it a lot more when we knew what we faced, now u gotta scout with who.

for the ring, i just tested the ring with the effect, and it was rly poor, so i switched it, that simple.

Some discs prefer it tho, like Jammin i believe, and ye if u have problems playing priest, just follow what Jammin/Priestgodqt do, they are the best discs of the server i am not even close.
    Edited: July 23, 2019

10. Thanks for the clarifications.

I spectate a lot, today there was "secretpriest" 2921 max rating playing literally in the middle, the enemy warrior was not even touching him, becuase he had an elemental and a moonkin peeling 24/7. So he was able to go offensive and in fact they won.
    I noticed if I have a brained Paladin that can freedom, HoP at the right time, and dispel, I usually win, because I am free to heal and be offensive. And I don't have that freaking warrior spamming mortal strike and scripted Overpower.

When I'm matched with hunters, rogues, mages, they just die in a 5 second control. Like I get HoJ, but can't trinket because I would get Blind (every rogue fakes blind, it's hard to swd, so you get Blind + Sap) so it's no chance against team with a lot of controls and I don't have a dispeller (mages, locks, paladins, rogues) but this is another story.

11. lose too much stats going spell pen/hit rate, not worth it. Mby watch https://www.twitch.tv/videos/457456198 and see if it helps your gameplay.

12. yo sry, i just saw this topic now, i am the priest u talkin about.

The reason i went with crit is because sq games last 5mn at best, and only then u start to go oom, even after u use fiend and hymn.

So it is good vs teams u know they gonna close the game very soon, or you are.

i don't hold r1 disc anymore in sq, Peo is, with a different build.

i am rank 4 with pureangel 6 nineinch and 8 giuliah.

i switch gear in base at what enemy i am facing all the time, we used to do it a lot more when we knew what we faced, now u gotta scout with who.

for the ring, i just tested the ring with the effect, and it was rly poor, so i switched it, that simple.

Some discs prefer it tho, like Jammin i believe, and ye if u have problems playing priest, just follow what Jammin/Priestgodqt do, they are the best discs of the server i am not even close.
    Priestgodqt sold his character, dont follow what he does. the guy is clueless now.