1. Low DPS on 5.9 GS Shadow Priest

Hi all,

i leveled my Shadow Priest to 5.9 GS. But my DPS on single target is max on 6.5 dps in Raids such as VOA or ICC. Someone told me it should be up to 12k dps. So I might need some help:

My Char:

Shadow Priest
    Bonus Damage 3195 with flask
    Hit Rating 235
    Crit Chance 30,5
    Haste Rating 572
    Mana Reg 589
    Intellect 1669

Glyphs and Talents like in https://www.gnarlyguides.com/class-g...ow-priest-pve/

What is a good rotation?
    Are there any good Makros?

This is only my 2nd Char (Warrior before) and i am to noobish to all that stats-stuff. But learning myself or reading out all in google is like studying at hte MIT. And everybody in global chat is telling different or just blaming me being noobish.

I am gratefull for any hint You might have.

THX and have a nice day.

2. It really depends if you have 4xT10. MF is doing most of the dps so if you don't have the bonus your dps is oke-ish.
    5/5 Mind blast is waste of talent points. Due to GCD you will not benefit from the 5th point. So go 4/5 or 0/5. Depending on if you and your raid need replenishment from you. If not, at this GS drop MB from rotation.
    Gems to activate meta then full SP is best way to go.
    Glyph of dispersion is situational. You should not have mana issues at this GS, so it is serving only as deff CD. Mind Sear glyph could give you more dps on AoE fights.
    Then it is really about having decent raid buffs (unholy DK for disease dmg for example) and your trinkets.
    If they add haste on click, do not use them along with hero, if they add SP use them on hero.
    Before casting SW:P you should have full Shadow Weaving stack. So double check your opener. Usually it goes VT -> MB -> MF -> SW:P or VT-> MF -> SW:D -> SW:P or something like that (you cannot clip the MF or you will end up with only 4 stack of Shadow Weaving) then do not let SW:P fall off the target.

It is easy to get to high GS with caster gear. My SHP is at 5k, but I would hardly call the equip ideal. Too much hit, too little haste (another example why GS is boguss). With boomkin, resto sham, arcane mage and protadin in party I do about 5,2k dps on hero bosses no Bloodlust (all spells in cast sequence). Have only 1x T10 and crappy trinkets.

From your stats it looks like you are low on haste, so I assume you are not sporting any goot trinkets either. Try to swap some gear if you are over hit cap, your haste should be around 1,4k with BiS and it affects MF dmg greatly which is the main portion of your overall dmg.

3. Hi TutellaF,

Thank U so much for Your reply. I have some further questions :-)

What does 4xT10 mean? If it is frostgear, I have some (head, hands, breast i think - ill check at home after work).

If 5/5 Mindblast is waste of talents, what might be better than to give the points to?

And thx so much for the rotation. Ill check when at home.

THX!!!!

4. Yes 4×T10 is 4 pieces of tier 10 gear, which is frost gear that has set bonus. You get the bonus on 4 pieces.

5. At your GS I would try to switch to the second talent build in the guide you posted.
    Less threat generation means you can start dpsing sooner which is dps gain.

Also having personal buffs like flasks and using haste potions.
    Pre pot 2-3s before pull lets you use 2nd potion during encounter, if you are nelf using Shadowmeld used to let you use even 3rd one, but last time I played shp as nelf was when wotlk launched so it may have been changed in the patches.
    You can also ask/pay disco priest in your raid to cast Power Infusion on you which is mini hero/bloodlust.

Always let your VT and DP do the last tick before refreshing. Same goes for MF - do not clip it.

Last thing I can think of is positioning. Start the fight at place from which you will most likely not have to move (imposible on some encounters). If you need to constantly move you can spam DP and SW:D, but it is mana intensive.
    It is also good to refresh all your dots before boss becomes unreachable like Sindra air phase.