1. Selling chars on side

Do chars there actually get sold ? I got almost BiS rog but it doesnt seem worth cus no one gonna buy it anyways

2. If it's a good offer, yes. I don't know what kind of responses are you expecting.

3. Prices are set to be through the skies and you will never sell anything, except for characters with a lot of achievement points and professions, I guess. These do not make the price go up, it's like a bonus thing. Anyway, even with all that, you can maybe, just maybe, sell your character with a couple of BiS items. Yet again, why would you delete all the items to sell a character you put so much time into for 30 coins? Eventually, not worth it.
    When you put it all on paper, it will always be cheaper to donate, buy instant 80 and all the gear you might want, than buying someone's character.

4. While I agree that prices are high,it would not be cheaper to buy instant 80 and then gear you want, coz for 30 coins you can get lvl 80 with already some boes, some achis done, proffs, reps etc what saves you time and gold,and all bis items counts for 18 coins each, not for 23 like on store. Even for 50 coins you can find a really cool chars...
    And at OP, yes chars do get sold,you just gotta make it stand out in the crowd

5. The trade section is useful for 1) naked characters with boes or epics and 2) full characters which people are willing to pay hundreds of euros for. It is completely useless to sell a, say, 5.9k character.

Not because people are not interested, but because the system does not allow you to sell such a character at a reasonable price.

6. Not sure how well full bis gear chars sell, but chars with only hc weapons + hc trinkets seem to sell pretty fast and easy.

7. While I agree that prices are high,it would not be cheaper to buy instant 80 and then gear you want, coz for 30 coins you can get lvl 80 with already some boes, some achis done, proffs, reps etc what saves you time and gold,and all bis items counts for 18 coins each, not for 23 like on store. Even for 50 coins you can find a really cool chars...
    And at OP, yes chars do get sold,you just gotta make it stand out in the crowd
    Hey, that's actually a very valuable info, I did not know you can stack Bind on Equip items on characters without raising the price.
    However, for one BiS item, buying someone's character will cost you 48c instead of instant level 80 + 23c, which is 33c total. For 3 BiS items, buying someone's char would cost 84 coins vs 79 coins on store. And I fail to see how someone might be interested in all that BoE crap people might put onto their characters, these can be acquired in-game by anyone very cheap.
    I do get the point though, I'm maybe even gonna try that.

8. Hey, that's actually a very valuable info, I did not know you can stack Bind on Equip items on characters without raising the price.
    However, for one BiS item, buying someone's character will cost you 48c instead of instant level 80 + 23c, which is 33c total. For 3 BiS items, buying someone's char would cost 84 coins vs 79 coins on store. And I fail to see how someone might be interested in all that BoE crap people might put onto their characters, these can be acquired in-game by anyone very cheap.
    I do get the point though, I'm maybe even gonna try that.
    Your math is wrong. Instant level 80 + 23c is 43 coins. Still lower than 48 coins, yeah, but you need to consider something.
    1) A character from the trade can come with lot of things like skills, professions, achievements, titles, mounts, honorable kills,things that the service doesn't give.
    2) While the service is somewhat cheaper vs buying from trade when you consider 1 or few items, the convenience start to switch when you add up gear. At full bis characters with the whole gear equipped, is way more convenient to buy them from trade instead of shopping the pieces by yourself, because a bis item on a char in trade is worth something like 17-18 coins in the price, in comparison to 23 coins from the shop.
    Example: a bis smourne warrior on trade is around 420 coins.
    Shopping it by yourself with the same gear will cost you 510 coins, and you still don't have proffs, enchants/gems, achievements, nothing.

9. Your math is wrong. Instant level 80 + 23c is 43 coins. Still lower than 48 coins, yeah, but you need to consider something.
    1) A character from the trade can come with lot of things like skills, professions, achievements, titles, mounts, honorable kills,things that the service doesn't give.
    2) While the service is somewhat cheaper vs buying from trade when you consider 1 or few items, the convenience start to switch when you add up gear. At full bis characters with the whole gear equipped, is way more convenient to buy them from trade instead of shopping the pieces by yourself, because a bis item on a char in trade is worth something like 17-18 coins in the price, in comparison to 23 coins from the shop.
    Example: a bis smourne warrior on trade is around 420 coins.
    Shopping it by yourself with the same gear will cost you 510 coins, and you still don't have proffs, enchants/gems, achievements, nothing.
    Why is my math wrong? That's what you usually end up with on trading, naked 80 with a BiS or two.

I'm aware that you're really into Best in Slot characters, but you'll have to stop speaking about them, simply because there are only few of these, while the majority of the server is NOT BiS equipped. You had your point, I get it, but you have to understand that BiS equipped characters are minority of the server.
    What on Earth is your point, than? "Hey guys, spend 1000 coins on a character to sell it for 200 coins less!"
    "That's a great deal man, thank you!"
    Instead, you should keep the conversation on track and agree with the obvious - characters' pricing is ridiculous.
    Everything you said proves just one thing - if you are bored with your character, you do not necessarily have to waste it, you can still earn a coin or two and work on another character. That is also a minority, like two players.
    Edited: July 21, 2019 Reason: Math?

10. Instead, you should keep the conversation on track and agree with the obvious - characters' pricing is ridiculous.
    Everything you said proves just one thing - if you are bored with your character, you do not necessarily have to waste it, you can still earn a coin or two and work on another character. That is also a minority, like two players.
    I thought the obvious thing is - character trade is not meant for you to make coins.

11. Meant to say "get some coins back" instead of "earn", sorry.
    You are right, sir.