1. Will buying a 284 weapon put in in high bracket BG?

Hi there. I recently started lvl a new character with my friend. As we approach lvl 80, I plan to buy a item lvl 284 weapon(and maybe a trinket) from the warmane store. My friend told me that is a terrible idea because it'll put us in high tier battleground bracket, which means we will be fighting fully geared end-game characters with blue dungeon gear. Is this true? I don't want to be fighting people with OP gear (relative to me) if possible.

2. It was like that, yes. There were only two brackets for matchmaking. But from january devlog: "We reworked the matching system to have more 'gear brackets'." Now it depends on what "more" means. And if it works as intended. You would have to try and see.

3. Hi there. I recently started lvl a new character with my friend. As we approach lvl 80, I plan to buy a item lvl 284 weapon(and maybe a trinket) from the warmane store. My friend told me that is a terrible idea because it'll put us in high tier battleground bracket, which means we will be fighting fully geared end-game characters with blue dungeon gear. Is this true? I don't want to be fighting people with OP gear (relative to me) if possible.
    Well you want to buy bis items, but you are not ready to face bis characters? Don't buy any gear and farm it, then you won't need to meet bis characters.
    So far its unconfirmed, but its on your own risk, you want to have the best, you face the best.

4. Asking this is like asking for the formula of the Coca Cola.

Those who know (the staff and twinks) have no reason to tell you.

5. Hi there. I recently started lvl a new character with my friend. As we approach lvl 80, I plan to buy a item lvl 284 weapon(and maybe a trinket) from the warmane store. My friend told me that is a terrible idea because it'll put us in high tier battleground bracket, which means we will be fighting fully geared end-game characters with blue dungeon gear. Is this true? I don't want to be fighting people with OP gear (relative to me) if possible.
    The simple answer is, yes. However, it can change at anytime.