1. State of Herbalism on Lordaeron

Hello good people,

Some backstory:
    I recently (re)started playing here, on Lordaeron, after some good 6-7 years of break out of WotLK content. As per usual, picking up Mining/Herbalism to boost myself as much as I can during leveling, and being a Feral Druid, a +passive and Lifeblood are a good addition, took me about a week to get from 1 to 79 playing every day where I didn't really bother getting proffesions up until level 58 (for obvious reasons),

This is where the weird started happening:
    I observed the economy and most people apparently hate to farm Old World nodes on foot, so those share quite a decent price with most Outland nodes,
    in disregard of that, I had no Gatherer database at the given time when hitting Outland so my only source of nodes was my minimap, which was pretty plentifull, but I couldn't haven't noticed that most nodes spawn on fixed intervals and quite often, while others don't at all. At some point I had Gatherer info that a node coulnd't spawn for 2-3 days (took me about another 3-4 days to get from 58 to 69).

Come Northrend, I hit 450 in Mining/Herbalism almost instantly cause at the time farming Cobalt/Goldclover and anything low really seemed ok, prices weren't exactly steep for it but It managed to buy me a 280% flyer + CWF.

In another 3-4 days I'm twinking 79s which requires some coin to get started, so I normally go and hit Sholazar/Storm Peaks/Icecrown for nodes. To my surprise Saronite on AH has the same price as if bars are being vendored so I rethink twice using mining as a gathering proffesion, up to the point where I can't find a stack of Titanium ore for 30 minutes. This is where I gave up and downloaded the full Gatherer node database for 3.3.5a, which to my surprise showed about 10 time more nodes that I ever found during my trips. Nodes that not only weren't *spawning* but were actually not added in the world. So I switched to Herbalism/Engineering and focused my freetime on solely farming herb nodes. After a couple 3-4 hour grinds in Sholazar, I managed to get to the point where I'm making 1.3-1.7k gold/hour provided there is a customer/guild that wants to buy the herbs from that zone. Come to my amusement, hitting Storm Peaks for change yileded about 3 times less gold, which is ridiculous considering the amount of possible nodes in Storm Peaks being 1.5 more than Sholazar.

Now, as much as I'd like free gold and no competition farming *24* hours a day, having no Lichbloom/Icethorn nodes bricks the entire late end-game, because those herbs are used in every good recipe! And those dedicated guilds who can afford an absurd amount of like 200g/stack for Lichbloom, any amount, are saved but what about those who can't?

My healthy suggestion is to either decrease spawntimes/increase nodes and possible node spawn in a cluster, or decrease spawntimes for the existing nodes, which will lead to: More WPvP for herbalism (the way Blizzard intended), especially in Icecrown area, and hopefully a decrease in prices which will help all who want to level Alchemy and don't have a 100k gold bank.

P.S. For my solid 20 hours of farming herbs in Sholazar, I haven't seen a single bot nor have I seen dissapearing nodes, so *we have bots on the server, botting is a problem, blah blah* bull**** is not actual information and shouldn't be taken seriously or as an excuse to do nothing and stale things.

Peace out c:
    (heres a potato)

2. 20 hours and not a single reply.

Apparently people here are in love with the rates and don't object?

3. I think you are assuming you are the only one farming herbs. People farm those herbs too, so there is a chance someone is taking those nodes before you ever see them.

4. I never ever thought that I'm the only farmer but, considering I tried farming in dead servertime (00:00-04:00AM) it is quite hard to understand where are the nodes, if /who shows 0 people in Sholazar Basin or Icecrown besides me, so the chances are someone actually is picking all the herbs and I never saw him are slim, and/or if it is as teleport hacker I could've atleast glanced at him teleporting away/vanishing! :)

5. far as i'm aware the gatherer database is from back in retail days. not necessarily the same for warmane. that being said the nodes could definitely do with a boost to number or increase in spawns.

6. It *is* practically the same, as soon as I imported it nodes were overlapping with my existing ones, with exact same coordinates, but no more than that. Most of the suggested herb nodes I never found, only saronite ones but very rarely, but if it like has something to do with the Lordaeron Core, or the code itself, then we can generally assume those nodes were simply not put in the game to begin with, which is gonna take a person to admit sadly, and no one will (from the staff) ...