1. Now in 2019 selected drop rates still lower than retail

Retail server charges per time, and their reason to nerf drop rates is to make you waste as much time getting nothing and pay your subscription longer.
    Private servers have no such reason, but if they have shop to sell items they will logically nerf those items, and mats to make them even below the retail.
    This server has such shop and that's why lot of drop rates are strategically reduced even below the Blizzard original.
    Instead of being increased.

Now, if players are happy on a server (not only this one), they will donate to keep the server alive for as long as possible.
    That is happening with {*****} for almost 8 years now. (Non-WoW game, here mentioned only as an example.)

Having drop rates obviously nerfed for "blackmailing reasons" makes me less happy and less willing to put live money into the server.

Lot of people already work hard at work, or at school, they come to games to relax, not to work hard more.
    In the last three weeks or so I tried to farm several different things at several different places each.
    With these drop rates I feel manipulated and get upset (slightly angry), and relaxation / satisfaction component drops.
    Together with it, as I already said, drops my willingness to support the server with real money.

This message was not meant to be any kind of an example.
    I will do my thing, you do yours.

2. Outland is in general too grindy for a high rate realm. That's what might kill the realm in the end...

Ppl that join Outland nowadays are expecting a x5 rate realm such as the server info tab indicates but the truth is that this is a hardcore x1 realm with just increased XP rates. Thats obviously a big turn off for many players.
    Edited: July 20, 2019

3. Outland is in general too grindy for a high rate realm. That's what might kill the realm in the end...

Ppl that join Outland nowadays are expecting a x5 rate realm such as the server info tab indicates but the truth is that this is a hardcore x1 realm with just increased XP rates. Thats obviously a big turn off for many players.
    I have to agree. I'm enjoying Outland so far (was on Icecrown) but learned quickly that although I was leveling up quickly, NOTHING else was keeping pace. Reputation and profession skillups are still at x1 rate, which means I have to back track to earlier zones to level up my profs. I could wait till 70, but feel my profs could benefit my character as I go along (since there is a lower population which means less gear in the AH to simply buy my updated gear as I level up).

4. I have to agree that the server has tampered drop rates of specific items in raids. I've progressed through all tiers of pve content during the server's lifetime (before it commited 'golden' suicide with top gear in shop) and I've noticed several items droping very rarely, much more than they should even when considering the possibility of bad rng. One example here would be dropping just one Dragonspine Trophy in about four months of raiding GL , same went for the Cataclysm's Edge in Hyjal where we got only one of these swords in about 4-5 months of clearing the raid every week. Skull of Gul'Dan and Madness of the Betrayer same story. In more than six months of clearing BT every week I've seen only one glaive drop as well.. All and all you can go figure yourselves whether it is (was) just a case of bad rng or a case of well calculated sellout tactic.

5. If this is true, it is unacceptable!