1. Information regarding TBC's buffed NPC values?

Where can I find the information regarding the buffed value adjustments of NPC's (including raid bosses) from retail values?

In before someone tells me that Outland is Blizzlike. My memory must be better than yours.

But I can't find the adjustments anywhere on the forums or the warmane website. Where is it hidden?

2. Okay, to put this a little more into perspective here, it was mentioned on a few occasions 'in-game' that the raid difficulty was scaled up 30%. Whatever that 30% is; health pool, armour, spell resistance, dodge, parry. Who said this? I can't remember.

From information regarding these values - specifically armour and spell resistance, there's substantial evidence to support that TBC raid bosses have between 6200 and 7700 armour (Void Reaver is an exception who has 8800 armour). Disregarding Voidreaver for the time being, I'll use the 7700 armour value.

7700 armour reduces physical damage received by 42.xx%.
    If this value is altered to be increased by 30%, it's basically a nice even number at 10,010 armour.
    10,010 armour reduces physical damage received by 51.xx%.
    For all physical damage dealers, this is a decrease in 9% of their maximum damage.

@ 6200 physical damage is reduced by 37%
    x130% = 8,060 armour.
    @ 8,060 armour physical damage is reduced by 43.xx%.
    For all physical damage dealers, this is a decrease in 6% of their maximum damage.

Onto Spell Resistance, there is again, enough evidence to support that CoE negates 95% of a bosses magical resistance to spells. CoE lowers resistances by 88.
    (88 / 19) x 20 = 92.6~

From previous tanking experience I know that 315 resistance = 75% resistance to an element, and the maximum that can be utilized.
    (315 / 3) x 4 = 420... 420 would be the magical number in theory to acquire 100% resistance or immunity from an element, but this cannot be achieved.

Yes, some raid bosses have specifically more resistances against certain elements, disregard them for the time being.
    92.6 / 420 = 22.0% resistance. This means the boss may fully resist your spells 22% of the time, or partially resist your spells. For new players, this 'resist' is NOT the same as missing your spells (which is also written as a resist).

If we increase this bosses value from 92.6 x 1.30 = 120.xx
    120 / 420 = 28.66% resistance. Read above, the increase of boss value versus spells is a 6.66% flat increase from it's perceived blizzlike value.
    Now if we take this number and subtract it by the amount of spell resistance negated by Curse of Elements, we get 120 - 88 = 32 resistance.
    32 / 420 = 7.6%

This means with the suggested increased boss values, a spellcaster's (non-Holy), damage output is reduced by 7.6% of their maximum amount.
    (As far as I am aware, CoE cannot drop resistances below 0, but i've only played a Warlock on Vanilla)

Going back to the armour values, and kind of moving on to armour piercing,
    from 6200 to 8060 is an increase of 1860 armour, and from 7700 to 10000 is an increase of 2300 armour.

With Armour Penetration we have
    2600 from Sunder Armor or 3025 from Imp. Expose Armor. (These cannot be stacked, and work intermittently of each other)
    800 from Curse of Recklessness
    610 from Faerie Fire
    840 from Executioner
    600 from Annihilator

Full applications =
    5,450 ArP using Sunder & 5,850 using Expose Armor

5450 / 6200 = 87.9% pierce
    5850 / 6200 = 94.3% pierce

5450 / 8060 = 67.6% !! (difference of 20.3% pierce)
    5850 / 8060 = 72.5% !! (difference of 21.8% pierce)

-----------

5450 / 7700 = 70.78% pierce
    5850 / 7700 = 76% pierce

5450 / 10010 = 54.4% (difference of 16.3%)
    5850 / 10010 = 58.4% (difference of 17.6%)

Fully buffed with blizz-like values, at 6200 armour and raid buffed, the armour is nearly wiped off the table completely, and could easily be done so with gear that has additional armour penetration (Zul Aman gear, etc)

But those numbers being adjusted, require 20% additional penetration to deal the same damage. It is possible to achieve this, but would heavily negate additional stats as well (i.e. hit, crit, haste, etc)

Although with boss values who have 7700 armour regularily, you're capable of piercing through approximately 70-75% of their armour through traditional means, but their perspected adjusted values drop your ability to pierce through their armour by 40 - 45%.

That is a massive discrepancy between caster DD's and melee DD's. When we go back to see that spellcaster's are traditionally hindered by 7.6% of their maximum damage, and physical damage dealers can be hindered by anywhere from 5.7% to 45.6% of their maximum damage.

---------------------------

That's my theorycrafting, did I just solve it?

3. I don't think that they buffed the armor and resistance of bosses. Do bosses even have spell resistance which can be reduced with spell pene? I have never seen a PvEer stacking spell pene...
    From what I know spell pene does nothing in PvE but I could be wrong.

4. Spell Penetration from gear does not exist in TBC's itemization as far I am aware.

In theory, NPC's magical resistance could be lowered to 0 through the use of level 60 raid gear and PvP accessories, but the miniscule gain of spell penetration would be worthless compared to the loss of other values stats gained through TBC gear.

I.E. you'd have to be a troll to use it.

5. Spell Penetration from gear does not exist in TBC's itemization as far I am aware.
    It does exist. There are spell pen gems and a cloak enchant.
    In pvp its common to get at least something like 55 spell pen as a caster to neutralise the mark of the wield buff.
    Its not only neccesary because CC spells can be fully resisted, it's also a huge dmg loss to not get any spell pen.

With that in mind it would also be worth to stack spell pen in PvE if bosses have resistance which can be reduced with spell pen.

6. To be fair, neither of those are gear, but it is something that I apparently didn't look into, or no information was available when I researched.

I mean according to my calculations I think you would only need 33 spell penetration to completely negate the magical resistances of NPC's afflicted with CoE, which isn't really a whole lot to invest into.

I know from experience that it had 'some' validity for Vanilla WoW, while 'some' again tended to be if you didn't have better gear available, spell pen was a great choice, but the gear that gave spell pen was generally for PvP like you mentioned, and very subpar to PvE gear.

I.E. Don Rodrigo's Band & Rune of Perfection (AV ring and WSG trinket)
    Although at the time when spell penetration penetrated below 0, these were determined to be very overpowered, considering on average players have no resistances pre-T1 or without buffs.

7. That should clear things up:
    "Bosses have inherent resistance that can't be broken which comes from level difference (iirc it's 8 points per level, so 24 for targets marked as "Boss"). Such a low score will never give you a 100% resist, but it will reduce your damage a little bit and there's nothing you can do. A boss might have some extra resist to one school or another, but CoE usually takes care of that. You should never need spell penetration in PvE (unless you wanna fight Rage Winterchill as frost for some reason... well, it would help as fire against Supremus but honestly who cares about meters on that fight).

Note that in TBC spells that miss are still displayed as "Resisted" instead of "Missed" because Blizzard is very smart. So you might be getting confusing feedback from your combat text. Just get hitcapped."
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wowservers/...s_resistances/