1. Boosting low characters in PuGs

Are there any rules against boosting characters, without informing people joining, in PuGs?

This has been an issue for me for a long time. I took a big break and expected to come back and see more done about it. Maybe people haven't been vocal enough about it or just haven't noticed.

When you join a PuG and one of the characters is /follow ing someone for the entire raid or a low geared character, clearly an alt of the RL, does barely anything for the entire raid. The RL tries not to acknowledge people talking about it and then says it's his 'brother' and then eventually kicks the people complaining. The problem isn't the boosting of a character for me, it's just that the RL doesn't even tell people that they're boosting an alt. And then when you complain because there was no warning, you get kicked instead.

The closest I've come is time wasting. (I have an open ticket about this)
    -in my report one of the alts was a healer, leaving us struggling to heal because his friend was the raid assistant- who was also low geaed

2. No.
    You can leave those raids and that's it, there's no rules against being an *******.

I've left many raids at marrowgar when leader switches to 4.5k alt or when I see 3 assistants with <5k gs and no achievements.
    Yes, they're probably alts, they know what to do, but I also have chars I'd like to sell, boost my 8th warrior also.