1. How could this player switch faction in the middle of the fight?

Hello,

I was picking flowers in Storm Peaks (server Icecrown) when I got attacked by a human rogue (lvl 70). We begun to fight and I dotted him, he ran away and all of a sudden, even though he was still looking like a human, the Alliance sign beside his portrait switched and became Horde and he went from red to green.

He still died of my dot.

But my question is. How did he do that? Is there a potion or a trinket or something?

Regards,

Scorpyo

2. No, because when you use Orb of Deception, you change race, but you are still a target for the enemy faction.

In this case, he still looked human (he would have looked like an Orc if he used the orb) but he was marked as horde and became green (friendly) to me. The orb doesn't do that.

3. Mind Control by a surrounding priest?

4. Could be engineering mind control backfire?

5. Mind Control by a surrounding priest?
    No, there wasn't anyone miles around, just snow. No other Horde could have mind controlled him.

6. Could be engineering mind control backfire?
    Haaaa! That's a possibility, yes. He has engineering and he ran away from me, possibly far enough to be able to switch helmet and put "Gnomish Mind Control Cap" on. Since it has "increased chance of failure when used against targets over level 60." That could misfire, yes.

That might be the explaination.

Thanks a lot. I was wondering :)

Regards,

Scorpyo