1. Is that Ninja Looting?

Hello there.

Two or three days ago i did a RDF HC and on a boss that dropped a trinket that increases Critical Strike Rating, plus 19 if i'm not wrong, and Spell Power I've selected Need because one of my actual trinket was the first you take in the DK Starting Quests, Signet of the Dark Brotherhood, with 40 of GS and an increase of Parry rating, now as a DPS it was totally useless to me and so I've decided to need the one the boss dropped since it was going to increase my critical strike rating.

Now a mage whispered me saying he was going to report me for Ninja Looting because he needed it and also selected Need but lost the roll.

Thing is, from this morning I've got 5 days of ban for Ninja Looting, I only had this situation so it can't be other.
    I've opened a ban appeal but also red that nobody reads it.

What do you think? Am i wrong and I can't see why?

2. Your logic is just mad, but it's ok. Sad thing is that no one tries to explain or talk because we have high horse to look down upon noobs and issue banhammers. Maybe your ban is well deserved, maybe you are some feral impossible to reason with. Maybe not. Anyway have fun in 5 days if you even come back.

General rule is that people who can make best use of item have priority, that is good guideline.

3. lol.
    I'm not mad or angry with the ban, I don't do more than one RDF per day and leaving it for a week or forever is not a problem for me, fortunately I'm not dependent or i can feel bad if i don't play like the most people.

I find this logic mad, not mine.
    The roll exist for a reason, if two people wants a thing, they gotta let the case decide who takes it.

So with that "logic" in this situation:

Dropped piece:
    Armor + 1500
    Stamina + 100
    Agility + 100

Player1 4.2k gs, same piece slot:
    Armor + 1200
    Stamina + 70
    Agility + 70

Player 2 4.1k gs, same piece slot:
    Armor + 1100
    Stamina + 67
    Agility + 67

So player 1 can't upgrade himself because there is a random guy who is less geared than him who could have a better use of the item, so the Player 1 can't take the piece or can and get banned.

just
    LOL.

And please, don't take it like a full example, it's just a line.

"Who can make the best use of the item"
    Who decides that?
    I had a use of the item, how do i know if the other player would make a better use?
    I had the most useless trinket for a DPS, maybe the other player had a lesser powerful but still useful for his role, i don't think that was checked before the admin clicked on the ban button.
    Edited: July 26, 2019

4. Well first you argued with gs and gs isnt an arguement at all.
    Second, I could argue, that PvE and PvP wise, Parry wopuld serve you better than Spellpower, but thats also a dumb arguement.

I think the ban is absolutely correct since it just boosts your gs nad is useless or almost useless for you. Its a caster trinket for healer or dps. You are nothing of that. You are melee dps.

5. What decides which item is better for player spec?

First thing - if it has stat that your spec don't use or very low benefit from. Spellpower for DK is instant NO. Some other stats, like Spirit for shaman or paladin. Items wtih spirit+crit can be useful for ttw mages - mages usually don't use spirit. There are lots of examples.

Second - there are classes who need certain stats to be eligible, some classes need to cap armor penetration, some need to have certain amount of haste or crit, etc.

You took what I said so literally... item useful for one combat rogue is useful for other one too no matter how low gear he has. So that is the limit on that, no need to go crazy with looking who has lower agility or whatever.

You need to read a few guides about your class and spec, then you will know what stats you need.
    Edited: July 26, 2019

6. So with that "logic" in this situation:

Dropped piece:
    Armor + 1500
    Stamina + 100
    Agility + 100

Player1 4.2k gs, same piece slot:
    Armor + 1200
    Stamina + 70
    Agility + 70

Player 2 4.1k gs, same piece slot:
    Armor + 1100
    Stamina + 67
    Agility + 67

So player 1 can't upgrade himself because there is a random guy who is less geared than him who could have a better use of the item, so the Player 1 can't take the piece or can and get banned.

"Who can make the best use of the item"
    Who decides that?
    I had a use of the item, how do i know if the other player would make a better use?
    I had the most useless trinket for a DPS, maybe the other player had a lesser powerful but still useful for his role, i don't think that was checked before the admin clicked on the ban button.
    In your example, they both need it, it's not about who needs it more. In your example you compare two agility using classes, where your case is about STR class vs SP.
    Your actual situation is different. Spell power isn't something a DK goes for. Spell power benefits more classes that actually use spells, and whose damage is based on spell power. You're a DK, your damage is based on STR. If the roles were reversed, you'd be crying here how a mage needed an STR trinket, when mages don't melee.
    Also, you seem to know what GS is, so I assume you're not entirely stupid.

Yeah, your trinket is ****ty, but so is the new one. GS at that level doesn't even matter. Next time however, replace your trinket with an actual MDPS trinket.

7. You deserved the ban. Spell Power has nothing to do with you.

8. I don't understand why everybody only looks at the Spell Power attribute when the trinket also increased Critical Strike Rating.

If we want to talk, what a mage does with Critical Strike Rating?
    The same that i do with Spell Power.

9. I don't understand why everybody only looks at the Spell Power attribute when the trinket also increased Critical Strike Rating.

If we want to talk, what a mage does with Critical Strike Rating?
    The same that i do with Spell Power.
    Because spell power is the more important, class defining, stat to consider.

Mage benefits from both stats, and the mage is caster. The trinket is clearly aimed for casters to use, not melees.
    And here you are, talking how you got banned for needing something that wasn't for you.

10. Because spell power is the more important, class defining, stat to consider.

Mage benefits from both stats, and the mage is caster. The trinket is clearly aimed for casters to use, not melees.
    And here you are, talking how you got banned for needing something that wasn't for you.
    Dude here you are what?
    Sorry if i'm trying to understand more to not repeat the same error again.

Lol, you're very nice i have to say.

11. I don't know how to make it more simple.

SPELLPOWER IS NOT FOR DK. You NEED on item with spellpower or other caster stats/effects, you get ban. Doesn't matter how useful you think it is or how much better it is compared to what you have.

You talk with your group and if no one needs it and everyone agrees you take it, just remember people will laugh hard seeing DK running around with mana regeneration trinkets and stuff.

12. Dude here you are what?
    Sorry if i'm trying to understand more to not repeat the same error again.

Lol, you're very nice i have to say.
    A melee class/spec = NO spellpower.
    A caster class/spec = No agility/str.

If a melee needs on an item with spell power, it's considered ninja.
    If a caster needs on an item with attack power/str/agi, it's considered ninja.
    If a dps/heal needs on an item with def/dodge/parry/block, it's considered ninja.
    ^- Regardless if the item provides crit/haste.

And tanks should focus on sta/def/dodge/parry/block. While at lower levels, let's say below 70, they just get items with highest amount of stamina, might have few items with crit/haste.

Waiting on official RDF guidelines regarding what can be considered as ninja and what not.