1. Any chance...

The server would be discontinued? Just curious because I'd like to spend some coins in the store but would like to know what would be the criteria for taking the server down... Would there have to be a consistent low population for this occur? If so what is this number?

2. Well, TBC has been in a decline since the release of the server, and it's still declining today. I'm personally holding on to my coins for ether Icecrown, or a future released Server.
    Edited: July 28, 2019

3. Yea, I started tracking daily peak EU (19:00 server time) and peak US server time (0:00 server time) population according to the stats on the Information tab over the past 3 months or so.

The average weekly peak EU pop in the beginning of May was around 2750. Today, peak EU pop is averaging around 1900. I did see a bump in the beginning of June, but I'm not sure what that coincided with.

The average weekly peak US pop for the same time period was about 1200 and is currently around 900.

Both of these represent roughly a 25% decline over the past 3 months. Obviously seasonality plays a factor here since these are all summer months, but it's the only data I've gathered so far.

In any case, anyone with an objective viewpoint can see pop is declining and as such, I think we need to hear ideas from the staff on what they plan on doing about it.

4. Its low "season" now. In summer obviously the population will be lower.

Anyways I hope they continue the server. So far I have a very good impression of the mechanics / quests/ hc dungeons (cant talk about raids) / and the community there. COmpared to Icecrown I really enjoy the people there

5. I don't think that they will shut Outland down, even when it's almost dead.

Proterean said that Outland might be part of smth bigger in the future.
    I believe that Warmanes next project is a progressive realm that will start on Classic, then progress further to TBC and end with Wotlk. I assume that the progressive realm will be connected to Outland in it's TBC phase. Maybe with cross-realm and maybe players will be able to transfer or duplicate their char to Outland before the progressive realm reaches its Wotlk phase.

That all might sound a bit far fetched but there are several hints across the forum that make it a likely scenario.
    I'm just curious when this progressive realm will be released and how long it will take until it reaches TBC. That could take years...