1. BG Brackets

The moment i got 4,6k gs on my character i started getting into the higher bracket every time i solo queue battlegrounds. Isnt 5,5k gs usually the minimum you need to enter these BiS clownfests. Even as a 5,5k it sucks but i feel completely useless and out of place in these....

2. No, its based on your ilvl not GS but anyhow they change it back and forth I guesss to keep twinking out from low level brackets.
    No one knows for sure where the limit is and that's the point, Lower brackets are for learning Battlegrounds and to get a little feel about pvp before you go to the upper brackets.
    You should be glad they implemented brackets in the first place, before this it was a "clownfest".

3. Yeah, i was there when there were no brackets. Its just that since it was implemented, on my main, the lowest gs i would see are 5,5k. I have a few wrathful offparts so maybe their ilvl is whats pulling me into the higher bracket.

4. Something happened with brackets after servers went down theres 180ilvl pala (1,8k gs) with full bis group in bg

5. Can confirm that they've changed something. I usually get into lower bracket on my druid but now I only get higher bracket.