1. Ninja looting - banned for 5 days

Hello everyone. I just got 5 days banned because of i rolled on RDF not on my main spec (main spec full geared). Some guy did screenshot and as i see - 5 days of ban. Is it legal? Or i should pass everything on dungeons for avoid ban again? Could some one tell me, what i did wrong?

2. Yes they implemented banns for ninja looters cause before EVERYONE rolled need on everything just to sell to a NPC for 10 gold, Yeah it was that bad, Most of the times there many factors that play into this, like do you even have duel talents for start? is your mainspecc geared? or do you just need on everything you just might need?
    Its hard for anyone to guess unless we have the printscreen and name of your character but usually GM's don't just bann whoever for whatever, many factors comes into place.

3. It's ridiculous on official server all rolled what they want and don't get ban because of some guy rolled not on his main spec. It's not master loot just RDF where everyone can roll just by gear categories (like druid can't roll cloth etc). Maybe should ban RDF members who come in on pvp gear? Or doing low DPS/AFK? I'm actually shocked of such things :/

4. Afking in dungeon is currently bannable.

5. It is bannable. Doing need on items that aren't your upgrade, just to sell to vendor is not good. If you have your full spec and you want to take items for another spec, then first see if other people don't need that item or if it isn't an upgrade for anyone. Then need it. Otherwise go greed/disenchant.

On retail tho, needing on everything seems a ''normal'' thing. Idk, i see a lot of people not saying it's bannable on their wow forums,etc.

6. Yes they implemented banns for ninja looters cause before EVERYONE rolled need on everything just to sell to a NPC for 10 gold, Yeah it was that bad,
    Why you lying?

@OP, you should que with your offspec and need on all the upgrades you want. You don't get to que as tank and need on dps items. Gotta sit in that que or negotiate with people.

7. I would like to mention again, that this entire "Ninja in RDF" rule is incredibly inconsistent & undefined, and is more than often used to satisfy personal grudges than actually disciplinate people who ninja gear-upgrades. I'm not talking about getting banned over ninjaing a fos/pos/hor hc item. I'm talking about for example getting banned for need-rolling a blue trash boe that can sell for 300g+ on the AH. The hypocrisy in this rule, is that while everyone will tell you "don't click need even if it's just a green: it's ninja", I've not seen a single ban for Need-rolling a Wodins in ICC to sell it on the AH. Granted, you could argue "Raid-lootrules are the responsibility of whoever is leading the raid, but for RDF it's an independent system so no one can be held accountable". But using "Don't need-roll on anything if it's not an upgrade for you" is in my opinion a pathetic excuse for anything below Epic (aside from lower level twink-gear). For every malicious Ninja that got banned, you have 5 new forum threads of people who genuinely don't know why they got banned, simply because they were running on a different but innocent common sense. There is no leeway in this either, as the rule would rather have you let a valuable item get disenchanted, even if it would be worth 20x more in the AH.
    If the rule is gonna stay as it is, then at least, if not for the sake of your playerbase, then for the sake of your ingoing GM Tickets, make the rule more transparent and defined instead of a single footnote in a thread that is about Raid-Ninja rules.

8. I would like to mention again, that this entire "Ninja in RDF" rule is incredibly inconsistent & undefined, and is more than often used to satisfy personal grudges
    You have defined most of the recent rule additions/removals, including ninjaing, asking to be kicked in rdf, removal of "sniping is not griefing" clarification, etc

9. Why you lying?

@OP, you should que with your offspec and need on all the upgrades you want. You don't get to que as tank and need on dps items. Gotta sit in that que or negotiate with people.
    Why should i wait for 15 minutes like DPS? In healer or tank it's less then 1 minutes. Plus i wrote about my greed preferences

10. I would like to mention again, that this entire "Ninja in RDF" rule is incredibly inconsistent & undefined, and is more than often used to satisfy personal grudges than actually disciplinate people who ninja gear-upgrades. I'm not talking about getting banned over ninjaing a fos/pos/hor hc item. I'm talking about for example getting banned for need-rolling a blue trash boe that can sell for 300g+ on the AH. The hypocrisy in this rule, is that while everyone will tell you "don't click need even if it's just a green: it's ninja", I've not seen a single ban for Need-rolling a Wodins in ICC to sell it on the AH. Granted, you could argue "Raid-lootrules are the responsibility of whoever is leading the raid, but for RDF it's an independent system so no one can be held accountable". But using "Don't need-roll on anything if it's not an upgrade for you" is in my opinion a pathetic excuse for anything below Epic (aside from lower level twink-gear). For every malicious Ninja that got banned, you have 5 new forum threads of people who genuinely don't know why they got banned, simply because they were running on a different but innocent common sense. There is no leeway in this either, as the rule would rather have you let a valuable item get disenchanted, even if it would be worth 20x more in the AH.
    If the rule is gonna stay as it is, then at least, if not for the sake of your playerbase, then for the sake of your ingoing GM Tickets, make the rule more transparent and defined instead of a single footnote in a thread that is about Raid-Ninja rules.
    Ninja first of all it's guy who STEALED some things. Not got by roll, exactly stealed on master loot. It's like going to Saurf on ICC25, get "will" trinked and leave raid. It's boring to report everyone who give ur gear by not ur rules and i just don't waste my time for some things like RDF. Just dumb rule founded by admistration.

P.S. I'm actually shocking, when wintergrasp can win one guy using 20+ accounts and do it day by day being like casual player

11. If you have your full spec and you want to take items for another spec, then first see if other people don't need that item or if it isn't an upgrade for anyone. Then need it. Otherwise go greed/disenchant.
    This is still considered ninja.
    Simple as it can be: If it's not an upgrade to your spec you joined in as, don't need it.

I would like to mention again, that this entire "Ninja in RDF" rule is incredibly inconsistent & undefined
    Yep, there's no official ruling to what's ninja and what's not.

For those who like to talk about how things are/were in retail: When I WotLK dungeon spammed (RDF and pre-RDF), people talked if they can roll on certain items. Hardly ever was there an issue.
    Honestly, here in Warmane, people are self centered. Can't really blame them either, GS is over glorified and competition for gear is high. That one gear piece might be enough to push to you (higher) raiding scene. Things needs to be done fast and in a rush. There's not much patience nor communication going on. Mistakes are rarely forgiven.
    Think Nike's "Just do it" fits the mind of average player. Just do it, don't do anything else, just do it.

12. When i que rdf as heal/tank to get fast que, i basically say in party at start "i'm here for dps gear and if you disagree its fine"
    If they agree i screenshot it, if they dont i leave, and they stay in que for another 20mins. Up to them after all...

13. When i que rdf as heal/tank to get fast que, i basically say in party at start "i'm here for dps gear and if you disagree its fine"
    If they agree i screenshot it, if they dont i leave, and they stay in que for another 20mins. Up to them after all...
    You'll get banned for 3 days. Even if you open a ticket to show the screenshot where they agree, it will take them more than 3 days to respond.

14. I'm talking about for example getting banned for need-rolling a blue trash boe that can sell for 300g+ on the AH.
    No one knows for sure but I find it hard to belive people getting banned for BoE items.
    I do belive there are more D-bags out there who steals whatever and don't give a flying F then innocent players getting caught in the crossfire, not implying it never happends but you get my point, this system was implemented for a reason.
    But yes we do need solid rules on the matter cause right now Im to scared to even put master looter on in my Naxx / Ulduar raids.

15. Just, whenever u enter the dungeon as a Healer/Tank, and u want to roll DPS items, say: "MS DPS" at the start of the dungeon.

From my point of view, its ******ed to ban people for items that drop in 5 man dungeons, especially since a lot of snowflakes are abusing the system and banning people for a BoE that can be found on AH for 50 gold. There wer 100 of times i encountered a scrub yelling, "SS, BANNED, NINJA!" for the dumbest things.

They should add bans to those who report people for dumb reports, if u ask me.

Its the harsh reality we live in, so the best way is to just play along, and yell: MS this, MS that, whenever u enter a dungeon on raid.
    DO NOT forget to screenshot what you said. Yep, its dumb, but hey... Welcome to Warmane. :D

123 ... Last