1. Why should i wait for 15 minutes like DPS? In healer or tank it's less then 1 minutes. Plus i wrote about my greed preferences
    Because that is how it works.
    - You want to NEED on dps items, you sit in que as dps.
    - You don't sit in que and get only GREED rolls - do 2 duongeons in the same time for more chances.
    - Talk to people, negotiate, 99% don't need items from dungeons so you can have them. Be it under threat of "items or I LEAVE!!!" terms or whatever.
    - Be dumb, steal item from that 1% guy who needed it and get 5 days ban, then make topic on forum and pretend you don't know what you did wrong.

2. You'll get banned for 3 days. Even if you open a ticket to show the screenshot where they agree, it will take them more than 3 days to respond.
    Even if your appeal gets accepted, you'll still lose your 0.5 daily points bonus from a good-standing account for I don't even know how long.

No one knows for sure but I find it hard to belive people getting banned for BoE items.
    I know for sure, because I got specifically banned a few months ago for Need-rolling the blue BoE caster necklace in Oculus. Half the group decided to roll disenchant on it, but I knew that (at the time) it sold for at least 200g on the AH. So I Need-rolled it to save it, and a DK in the Party who was silent the whole run suddenly opened up with "F you ninja, enjoy your ban." and proceeded to be afk, since he was busy writing the ticket while in the dungeon. (We kicked him naturally for being annoying.) Everyone agreed he was a dumbo for getting upset over a caster Neck as melee dps, so naturally no one thought I'd get banned for it. Like a week later (or just a few days, I don't remember) I got struck with a sudden ban while trying to relog on another char for 5 days.
    Instead of making "another" one of those "Why did I get banned?" threads, I just asked in my appeal and -assumed- I got banned for that ridiculous case a few days ago, so I presented my defense. While my appeal did get accepted fairly quickly, I still got slapped with the removed +0.5 daily points for basically nothing, which were very valuable for me due to xmog gear and pvp weapons.

3. This is still considered ninja.
    Simple as it can be: If it's not an upgrade to your spec you joined in as, don't need it.
    You usually ask people if it's okay to need an item that you seriously need... It wasn't that hard to predict this thing.
    Edited: July 29, 2019

4. One time, a warrior with full bis gear started needing every single item in old-kingdom dungeon and I reported him and he got banned (at least what i got as a response was ''has been dealt with''). Another example was a shaman that was needing everything in Oculus and we decided to kick him from the group and upon kicking, he whispered me to get cancer and all other things. Yeah, a nice experience.

5. I know for sure, because I got specifically banned a few months ago for Need-rolling the blue BoE caster necklace in Oculus.
    I feel sorry for you, if this is the case, someone should definetly deal with that GM cause that's the most ridiculous reason to ban someone I've ever heard of.

6. Because that is how it works.
    - You want to NEED on dps items, you sit in que as dps.
    - You don't sit in que and get only GREED rolls - do 2 duongeons in the same time for more chances.
    - Talk to people, negotiate, 99% don't need items from dungeons so you can have them. Be it under threat of "items or I LEAVE!!!" terms or whatever.
    - Be dumb, steal item from that 1% guy who needed it and get 5 days ban, then make topic on forum and pretend you don't know what you did wrong.
    I think there are MS changes when it comes to raids?
    You enter a raid as a healer/tank and you roll on dps items?

hmmmmmmmmm.....

7. I think there are MS changes when it comes to raids?

hmmmmmmmmm.....
    Yes. But you talk it out before raid starts, if everyone is ok with it. You start to roll for other spec out of nowhere, leader will most likely not give you item, rightly so.

8. i'll make it simple :

NEED : when u're gearing up a char, and u roll according to whatever spec u just joined the instance with. ie : only ms/played spec also the gear needs to be an actual upgrade to what u're currently wearing.

GREED : when u want to gear up your dual spec, when u want to sell the item later, when u joined as a dps but want to roll on tank/healer gear or vice versa.
    so no don't roll need as a healer on needle or you will get ban ^^

9. I think there are MS changes when it comes to raids?

hmmmmmmmmm.....
    You have to say it before the raid start and the RL need to agree with it. IF the raid leader say NO then you roll for whatever spec you are playing, or you can leave the raid. Its the same with dungeons, you cant just decide on your own to change your role, other party members need to agree with it and 99% of the time they will because not many need dungeon gear that much.

10. Its the same with dungeons, you cant just decide on your own to change your role, other party members need to agree with it and 99% of the time they will because not many need dungeon gear that much.
    And if they dissagree do you have to leave and get deserter? or ask for kick and get reported for interfering with gameplay? lol

11. Isn't it easier to just gear up your one spec then gear up OS in raids where the rules are plain and clear about all that?
    RDF is a hellhole you just use to get up with eot and 1-2 eof items so you can get the hell out of there and never return.

12. And if they dissagree do you have to leave and get deserter? or ask for kick and get reported for interfering with gameplay? lol
    That's right, you just missed one thing - you can roll GREED as every decent player does 15 years already. I wonder why you think that is funny?

I wonder how these people whuld react when some DPS starts to NEED on his tank items when he needs them. I bet they would lose it, make reports and big blankets on forums about how toxic everyone is and how everyone is literally ninja stealing everything to get 10g from vendor.

13. And if they dissagree do you have to leave and get deserter? or ask for kick and get reported for interfering with gameplay? lol
    Then you leave and take the deserter obviously, how is that even a question? Or maybe you think someone who have queue as healer and enter as healer should give up his items to the dps or the tank, just because they say so? How is that making any sense in your head?

14. @Skoobydoo
    You seem like a guy that will rather wait 2 more hours for raid to fill, or wait 30more min in a que, than to roll against 1 more player for a piece of item.
    Its really amazing if you ask me, how people can get butthurt over an item from a 5m dungeon that is repeatable on a daily bases.
    You get in a 5m dungeon, you dont get an item, you come back tomorrow, repeat, just to eventually sell the item for 2 gold cos you will get 10 times better item in the first raid you get in.
    And for the love of god, lets pretend we are talking about those 5m dungeons that actually drop good items like ToC, FoS, PoS, HoR, cos if you ask me, I would personally permaban people that made a "ninja" report for any dungeon that drops a 200ilvl blue/epic from the original wotlk dungeon set (if i had the power tho).

Let me ask you this tho...
    If someone has a best in slot tanking or a healer set, and knows how to play a game, and can carry/speed up your run by a lot, would you rather him equip a 200ilvl dps gear and get another potentially bad healer/tank on top of his bad dps, than to just simply have 1/4 less chance to win an item, that again, YOU WILL REPLACE IN THE FIRST 25m RAID (or a 10m heroic).

@angrylol
    Greed is not good enough for many reasons, and I think you know those reasons well, so please...

@everysnowflakeoutthere
    If you are butthurt over a 5m dungeon item, you should really look into a mirror and ask yourself: "why am I such a ____?!"
    (you can use "C", "R", "B", "S", or any more creative words to fill in the blank spot)
    Get over it, come back tomorrow and just repeat.

@warmane?
    Ninja looting was a part of the RETAIL EXPERIENCE, making these bans is just dumb if you ask me.
    I can understand the 25m raid bans, but 5m dungeon bans, they are just playing stupid.
    I know this wont change anything, just wanted to say it out loud once again i guess.

Best of luck bois and grills, I hope you have a nice day, and roll some 1's and 2's on items you really want (out of 100 ofc). :)

First 1234 ... Last