1. About Sea Turtle

From reading on forums and talking to ppl that actually fished Sea Turtle ingame, i noticed something happened after 2016 and it made it WAAAAAY harder to fish. I found only 4 guys that fished it recently and the luckiest one had 15k+ catches... like wtf? The other had 20k+ , not counting myself with 23k catches.

I know this is meant to be a rare drop but something is not right. People with 3k-5k catches, as I found many from 2016 and before, are unheard of these days. So please can we have official information about this? If the GM that reads this is not a dev, should I try to use bugtracker so it gets checked?

2. From what i know fishing pools spawn with all loot assigned to it, so maybe the low chance is assigned to the node instead of each single catch, which makes it 4-5 times harder... idk, i was thiking about the possibility of it being a bug as im not the only one with 20k+ catches, and considering at least 18k of mine are from northrend nodes only and who knows how many more ill need, i thought: 100/20000 = 0.005% chance per catch, assigning to the node should be 0.005 * 4 or 5 which would be 0.02% - 0.025% chance, now thats some values like shown on wowhead, and values that wouldnt lead to many ppl going over 20k as it is.

So if you assign 0.1% to the node, you get the 0.02% or 0.025% chance PER CATCH to get the nice turtle mount.
    Edited: July 31, 2019

3. First, odds are 0.01%. Second, odds are per catch, not per node.

4. Exactly, they should be per catch, BUT fishing schools have their loot assigned as soon as they spawn, so their loot doesnt change (you can test it, fish on a pool till you find something like a box or crystallized water and then close the loot without looting it, you can fail to catch how many times you want after that, when you successfully catch on that pool again the same loot will still be there waiting). If the dice for the turtle gets rolled 5 times for each pool and still all the ppl i could find after 2016 have 20k+ catches, something wrong is not right. Can you confirm the 0.01% chance? Do you have any post 2016 experience fishing it to share?

5. I'll have to check the source code, but it seems that you are right, and loot is decided on spawn, similar to how chests operate. I was thinking of fishing in the open sea outside of pools.

% should be right according to the databases of other servers. There's no way to know what Molten has done but it's likely the same % since they all share the same databases.

6. Do we get any GM answer in this section?

7. Sometimes yes but they are not going to comment on something like this.

8. I get the mount today :) im so happy

7100 fish caught in fishing pools

9. That's when they altered the drop chances of a huge list of items that were supposed to have a very low drop rate. Before that, you could (from personal farming exp) get 2-4 battered hilt drops in POS HC just on trash before the gauntlet tunnel. Or you could get Rivendare mount in 5-8 clears...I used to catch the turtle about once a week or so and have to delete it. After the drop% changes were implemented, I might have fished up a total of 10, and that's over YEARS of fishing.