1. Gear after lvl 80

Hey guys,

I want to get back to WOTLK after around 5 year pause. Can you give me some advice for what gear should I try to get as fresh 80 Warlock. To then get to PVE?

P.S.: I should mention that I´m more of a PVE player than PVP.

Thank you for the help

2. If you have come to level 80 alone then you probably have around 1500-1800 gear score already because of the items you got from quests. Make sure to farm Icecrown zone for argent crusade reputation and ebon hold. They gonna give good items.

Once you get around 2200+ gs, you can start doing fos normal and farm that dungeon, then go pos and then hor. That will give you around 4500-5000 gs with all possible items you can get. After that farm items via emblem of triumph, to get 5100-5200 and then do icc alt runs, or runs with first 4 bosses,etc.

3. Reputation factions:
    Will get you some gear, up to ilvl of 200. (Ebon Blade, Argent Crusade, Kirin Tor etc.).
    Ashen Verdict will give you powerful ring (ilvl 251) once you're friendly with them. Higher ilvl ring can be obtained once reaching honored, revered and exalted statuses.
    It's easy to quest while in RDF queue. You'll get some gold, and get replace lowest ilvl items.
    RDF and RDF HC spam. Do them a lot, you'll get emblems which you can use to get up to ilvl 245 gear.
    ToC 5 Normal and HC, ilvl 200 epics with normal, 219 from HC.
    FoS PoS HoR, spam. Normal difficulty will get you 219 ilvl gear, heroics 232 ilvl.
    Do VoA (I recommend fire & frost runs) each week.

4. Also get addon like AtlasLoot to see all the items that every dungeon drops so you can do specific dungeon to get some piece you are missing.

DO NOT exchange emblem of frost to emblem of triumph, you will need them later to get t10 set. Not even one.

You can make some gold on AH if you have an eye for that, or just farm some, buy reagents to craft or buy ready 180 item-level stuff to be ready to que RDF HC faster, then just farm that till you have 4/5 t9 set, that takes 160 emblem of triumph, by farming POS or RDF HC you can get around 15 of those per hour. After few days you can run around with 4/5 t9 set.. ofc depend on how much time you can play. By then you can start to even think about ICC normals, at least few bosses - try to get into progression guild.

5. In order to gear up fast, you gotta be able to join rdf hc as soon as possible. If you want to do that soon after you ding, you need to have an average ilvl of 180(and later on 200) to join them heroic dungs and farm emblems to get tier 9 set and off pieces. To get fast to 180ilvl gear you can buy low priced rare BoE gear from AH, grind some WotLK reputations for those rare/epic items and then spam rdf hc. If you can't reach 180ilvl that way, you can always join some FoS and PoS nm farm runs to get 219ilvl pieces. You can easilly reach 4.800 gear score this way (including ashen verdict friendly ring), and if you got more gold or points(not coins) to spend at warmane's store, you can reach anywhere from 5.200 to 5.500 gear score.
    Hope I helped :)

6. lol just make a "LFM FOS/POS NORMAL FARM" in global, easiest gearing ever and you will get t9 pieces really quick, also no one cares about gs in normal dungeons so you can make one instantly as soon you hit 80

you can try the "farm rep" way but its kinda outdated way to gear up and by the time you get all factions at exalted by questing you should be t9 already doing fos/pos, so not worth it