1. Issue with client 3.3.5

hi guys!
    i downloaded from your website the client Wrath of the Lich King 3.3.5a (wod models)
    i put it on the desktop, launched, put couple settings (windowed mode, sound and resolution)
    whenever i open the game again, i have to put back all the settings! know why?

thanks!!

2. You need to un-check "Read only" from WoW folder's properties.

3. Game crashes after changing video settings

I recently changed my rig and was ready to play me some wow,, but every time I try to change video options the game crashes, this does NOT happen if I change only the audio options.

I tried the above suggesting to change the "read only" option (which is not checked but greyed out) but the change reverts as I close the properties window, I read somewhere that I had to change the admin properties of my account on windows so I did that.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the client (wotlk with wod models)

I tried updating my drivers too, everything is up to date

I tried changing the config.wtf file to make the client use directx 11 instead of 9

Nothing, I can only play in 1024x768 (the default), any video change minimizes the game and it stops responding forcing me to terminate the process

I am out of ideas, any help would be appreciated

My system specs:

MB Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
    CPU AMD Ryzen 3600x
    GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
    RAM Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB 3600MHz
    SSD Adata XPG SX8200 pro 512 GB

WELL, I FEEL LIKE AN *****, I went and tried compatibility mode with windows 7, disabling the fullscreen optimization, running as administrator and applying those changes for all users, and it works!! Let my tale be known for those that might run into a similar problem in the future. Also, I didn't revert any of the changes previously made, just in case
    Edited: December 19, 2019 Reason: Found a solution

4. I recently changed my rig and was ready to play me some wow,, but every time I try to change video options the game crashes, this does NOT happen if I change only the audio options.

I tried the above suggesting to change the "read only" option (which is not checked but greyed out) but the change reverts as I close the properties window, I read somewhere that I had to change the admin properties of my account on windows so I did that.

I downloaded a fresh copy of the client (wotlk with wod models)

I tried updating my drivers too, everything is up to date

I tried changing the config.wtf file to make the client use directx 11 instead of 9

Nothing, I can only play in 1024x768 (the default), any video change minimizes the game and it stops responding forcing me to terminate the process

I am out of ideas, any help would be appreciated

My system specs:

MB Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
    CPU AMD Ryzen 3600x
    GPU AMD Radeon RX 5700XT
    RAM Corsair vengeance LPX 16 GB 3600MHz
    SSD Adata XPG SX8200 pro 512 GB

WELL, I FEEL LIKE AN *****, I went and tried compatibility mode with windows 7, disabling the fullscreen optimization, running as administrator and applying those changes for all users, and it works!! Let my tale be known for those that might run into a similar problem in the future. Also, I didn't revert any of the changes previously made, just in case
    Hello,

I was wondering, did you have any FPS issue with your RX 5700XT ?
    I upgraded last week to a Nitro + and I have fewer fps that I had with my GTX 1060 ?

Also, how did you change to DX11 ?

Thank you for your help !

5. Also, how did you change to DX11 ?
    Wotlk client doesn't support DX11. But you can try using this:
    Code:
    SET gxApi "d3d9ex"
    It enables a graphics engine that was experimental during wotlk and was enabled by default in Cata. It might improve or decrease performance, depending on your system. The only other option is "opengl", which is not recommended on Windows.

6. Thank you for your help.
    It seems slighly better with this. I am still going around 110-150 FPS in Dragonblight with drops to 50-70 for like a micro sec.
    Playing at 2560x1440p tough changing resolution has not impact on fps....