1. The thing is alliances always walk in packs and for example you kill the alliance doggo 1v1(equal levels) and he instantly brings 80 without trying to fight you back. But in the end who cares. Horde is the way to go.

2. What do you know? The hallway that leads into the ICC instance is piled so high with horde corpses, it goes all the way up to your knees.

If you're a horde player, raiding will always have the following steps to it:

1) Get pots/flasks food
    2) Fly to Icerown
    3) DIE TO ALLIANCE
    4) WALK BACK TO CORPSE
    5) Zone into instance
    6) ???
    7) Profit

3. You could just fly in from the top of the gate and fall all the way into the raid without having to take 1 step on the ground.
    Those corpses outsie ICC contains both Alliance and Horde casualties, I se Horde raids outside ICC killing Alliance as well.

Btw, Step 1 is ignored by most players, step 2 also ignored by some people, step 3 and 4 is just crying get over it, Step 6 makes no sense and step 7 what?

4. You could just fly in from the top of the gate and fall all the way into the raid without having to take 1 step on the ground.
    That is impossible. The passageway is too long.

5. That is impossible. The passageway is too long.
    It works flawlessly and he's not lying. It works a bit better if you have very slow/old computer because of the time it needs to load the area > your flying mount will stay longer inside so you have more chances to get inside. It works I tried it, on my old laptop, it needs 2-3 more seconds to drop from flying.

6. I got a decent computer with around 100 fps in raids (Less if I stream), with a 300/100 Fiber internet, and I still don't fall to the ground before I enter the instance, Allthough a 150% speed flying mount might be to slow, Im allways on 310% mounts.
    The only thing that gets me is DK's who grip me down from the air, but that's rare to say the least, and no Im not using any slowfall or levitate.
    Here I'll even show you a clip from my stream how I do it. Notice there's even more space above me at the crack of the door so you can fall from an even higher altitute if you have a slower mount.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/HappyUnusualBearDatBoi
    Edited: August 11, 2019

7. damn... outland needs some of your alli players... here is bad :( we win bgs only at late night/morning...

8. What I learned by leveling 4 horde toons:
    - Avoid any Goblin towns. (Booty Bay/Gadgezan/Ratchet) A LVL80 will show up and kill you.
    - Avoid Tarren Mill and any Horde base with an Alliance Base in convenient riding distance. A LVL80 will show up and kill you.
    - Avoid Thrallmar. Two LVL80 will show up and kill you. They drop from the sky which is very satisfying.
    You are grey to them, they get no honorable kill, all they do is griefing your game. As this is not punishable, they find childish joy.

But I´m fine with that. It is like this for 15 years now and it will never change. I know other places to get my XP instead. Only the Goblin guards have not been designed with lvl 80 players in mind.

For some reason this stops in Northrend. I had one instance of 3 hunters teaming up above Angmars Hammer and exploiting the guards mechanics.
    But somehow all this stops as soon as there is a chance you can actually beat them (having 3 mobs on your bum and on 50% HP)

A possible solution would be to pimp the NPC guards (the Goblins, not in the faction capitals) as the are little challenge to a geared 80.
    Or change griefing policy.

9. like hauzikon said, things have been the same for 15 years, its just the way it is.

earlier in this thread someone mentioned the blizzard study they did in the mid-2000's. it was considered controversial and unethical,
    but you cant get around the fact that a certain personality is drawn to making certain choices: choosing which race, as well as which faction appeals to them.
    whether from lore, aesthetics, or social conceptions, its basic psychology that a person is going to be drawn to a certain choice, and people with similar traits will make somewhat-similar choices.
    one of the first comments on this thread was claiming the horde are aliens, even though tauren and trolls are some of the oldest races to azeroth (trolls especially). because thats just part of the psyche thats developed. the assumptions and understandings of the game have become their own entity--and now just feed into a self-fulfilling prophecy. the assumptions enforce themselves by influencing new players.

but thats all just trivial postulation.
    its much more easily summed up as:
    FACT: Humans are toxic
    the average human is a giant piece of ****, and being behind a computerized avatar doesnt change the person controlling it.

obviously everything im saying is considered completely unethical, for admitting anything is predetermined to a sentient being is considered the worst of heresy.

10. Blizzard did a fun research long time ago about the general age difference between Alliance and Horde, but it was removed forever because of the massive backlash it got.
    Theere has been other researches later that showed that men tended to roll more Horde while women leaned more towards Alliance.
    Belive it or not.
    If this is the study you're referring to: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/61727416.pdf
    There is nothing in there indicating that

11. If this is the study you're referring to: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/61727416.pdf
    There is nothing in there indicating that
    There are a lot of different studies, this one is not the one I'm refering to.
    As I said it was removed, unless someone have it saved on their drive, rumors is all we have left.
    Hence the "belive it or not".

earlier in this thread someone mentioned the blizzard study they did in the mid-2000's. it was considered controversial and unethical,

12. I think a lot of this has to do with Mercenary mode being enabled on Icecrown. Reason being, simple. Most horde pvpers have went alliance and will go alliance because they get double trinket and insta que. So there isn't many horde left to do anything about the alliance farming groups. Solution, REMOVE AUTO-ENABLED PVP from world zones. Thank you.

13. REMOVE AUTO-ENABLED PVP from world zones. Thank you.
    i would love this.

the ItS pVp jUsT FiGhT BaCk Or DoNt LvL ThErE excuse is annoying, turning pvp off is also blizzlike, why the need to force pvp here?.

14. REMOVE AUTO-ENABLED PVP from world zones. Thank you.
    Why stop there? Remove alliance.

First 1234 Last