1. i would love this.

the ItS pVp jUsT FiGhT BaCk Or DoNt LvL ThErE excuse is annoying, turning pvp off is also blizzlike, why the need to force pvp here?.
    forced pvp = tears. for each tear warmane gets 1 cent. it's how they keep the lights on.

2. Theres nothing Warmane is gonna do about it. Once you reached the peak of gear theres only pvp left.
    And when you suck in pvp you go to the world and gank.

Today was a very horrible day for me. I tried to get any Gold because im very very new on this server with my Dk. I just hit 80 and im poor as ****. Only thing to do is get Gold, get flying, do HCs.

Well. **** this. I didnt manage to finish a single quest. Sholazar is flooded with alliance ganking you all day. They even followed me around with FLmount and in Zul drak the fun continued, same for Icecrown. Theres nothing I can do about and im really tired.

3. Theres nothing Warmane is gonna do about it. Once you reached the peak of gear theres only pvp left.

Today was a very horrible day for me. I tried to get any Gold because im very very new on this server with my Dk. I just hit 80 and im poor as ****. Only thing to do is get Gold, get flying, do HCs.

Well. **** this. I didnt manage to finish a single quest. Sholazar is flooded with alliance ganking you all day. They even followed me around with FLmount and in Zul drak the fun continued, same for Icecrown. Theres nothing I can do about and im really tired.
    Then do not go to sholazar basin, that is a literal cancer. You gotta understand that this server is very very old and most of people are bored with full gear and are going to gank you. Play alliance if you want less ganks and avoid those zones.

Go to dragonblight to gather gold, do daily quests or ask politely someone in global/trade. Or even serach for herbs/mining/skinning.

4. Why stop there? Remove alliance.
    I like you. You have a good sense of humor :D

As per topic: Having experienced leveling to 60, there was no mercy given to me, no matter what level I was, or how far I was from the ganker, they just attacked at will. The Horde side is less inclined to attack you, because, let's be honest, it's a waste of time. No honor, no work, simple.

I think if we want to reduce ganking, the typical starter zones of an area should be flagged SAFE from pvp. This way, players can at least reach a point in their leveling stage, before entering a zone of potential suffering. The Barrens is a fine example. I know this has nothing to do with the topic, but it's being hinted throughout the topic. I personally enjoy world pvp, because it forces me to find a way. Part of the challenge is to avoid the enemy, not engage it.

5. Uhh.. Our AH also get daily raids, not to mention the gryphon master in SW. Just this week we've had a multiboxing dude hold the AH hostage for like 6 hours straight.

As for PVP racials, lmao. Orcs get CC immunity, Taurens get an AOE stun and Undead get a similar "pvp trinket" ability. Stop your whining.
    orc doesnt get cc immunity and undeads dont get similar pvp trinket ability, you`re just clueless

6. Theres nothing Warmane is gonna do about it. Once you reached the peak of gear theres only pvp left.
    Don't forget griefing your own faction with your extra large mammoth mount, popping a firewater elixir and blocking the mailbox closest to the AH.

All these are just a sign of bored maxed out players.

I want to point out there are kind enemy players that helped me when I struggled with quests.
    Edited: September 11, 2019

7. I unfortunately rolled Alliance for warmane, as I rolled Horde for retail, just for a change of pace. I can attest to there being not much low-lvl griefing from Horde, but I do frequently see packs of Alliance 80's spawn killing lowbies, And it sickens me.

I've level'ed three 80's (soon to be 4) on Lordaeron, plus several other chars in the 40-50's, And during that time, I have been griefed by horde probably less than 10 times. I don't do PvP and my toons don't have good gear, but the VAST majority of Horde leave me in peace, for which I am both thankful and respectful.

Ironically, my disposition towards Horde players that show such integrity as a fellow human is far more positive than what I have for my own faction- which is saying a lot. It's not just greifing either, I've noticed this childish/sadistic/spiteful mentality extends to all other facets of the game. And while both sides suffer from this, I truly believe it's far more prevalent on Alliance.

My whole philosophy of Horde attracting a younger more immature demographic was dead wrong. It would actually appear to be inverse of that. And so I am deeply regretful for going Alliance this time around.
    Edited: September 14, 2019

8. I unfortunately rolled Alliance for warmane, as I rolled Horde for retail, just for a change of pace. I can attest to there being not much low-lvl griefing from Horde, but I do frequently see packs of Alliance 80's spawn killing lowbies, And it sickens me.

I've level'ed three 80's (soon to be 4) on Lordaeron, plus several other chars in the 40-50's, And during that time, I have been griefed by horde probably less than 10 times. I don't do PvP and my toons don't have good gear, but the VAST majority of Horde leave me in peace, for which I am both thankful and respectful.

Ironically, my disposition towards Horde players that show such integrity as a fellow human is far more positive than what I have for my own faction- which is saying a lot. It's not just greifing either, I've noticed this childish/sadistic/spiteful mentality extends to all other facets of the game. And while both sides suffer from this, I truly believe it's far more prevalent on Alliance.

My whole philosophy of Horde attracting a younger more immature demographic was dead wrong. It would actually appear to be inverse of that. And so I am deeply regretful for going Alliance this time around.
    I agree with most everything here. I don't necessarily regret going alliance, because you can easily watch as a bunch of horde kill an alliance member who's being toxic.

9. It would be a lot less more demotivating when it werent for the camping. An endgear feral camped a group of 5 fresh 80s today and kept killing them on the spot when they resurrected. Took us rouhly 30 minutes to get away since the deathtimer explodes.

Alliance here is truly and absolutly honestly the most cancerous kind of faction I have ever met in my whole wow-history and im playing since classic and have seen a lot of pservers.

No idea why people here so much more *******s than everywhere else ive been to.
    Imo Warmane should do something at least. Not punish them for open pvp but maybe just remove the deathtimer or something like that because its absolutely pointless to farm or quest horde-sided.
    If I knew this earlier I would have chosen alliance over Horde, but im Horde sided and got all my Gold there.

10. Lots of people have sad life and they show it in a game, there no rules or punishment that can fix this behaviour, cause it wont fix their life. You need to survive this and feel sorry for them ;)

11. Hey, the only way to stop that is to open a fresh realm where the PvE still matters. You can argue all you want, but on an old realm stuck on the same patch for X years, where a blue item on a lvl 80 character is rarer than a shadowmourne, it is normal to see bored people do the only piece of infinity content available : world pvp.

12. Try vanilla retail atm where they camp the entrance to blackrock mountain and kill you as soon as you ressurect, not even giving you time to cast your heartstone.
    Warmane gives you the ability to "unstuck" via the homepage, be gratefull, not stupid.

13. I once said, and I might get flack for this, make low level quest giving NPC's unkillable. Then there would be no fun in camping low level areas. I've seen alot of players go into low level areas where the people aren't even flagged for PvP. Thus all they do is kill they flight master and quest givers over and over and over.

There is no gain, gold or honor point wise in this behavior. Thus making it so that important quest givers cannot be killed, with this I mean complete unattackable, this kind of scenario will soon die down. Maybe even if you are unable to attack a player 10 or more levels lower than you. Really, what do you get our one shotting a player 30+ levels lower than you, you don't even get Honor Points or a countable kill for it.

And as a side note, I agree with a previous poster, enable PvP optional by flagging. yes, this is a PvP server, but it is also the best scripted and most popular private server out there. Thus some people do not have a choice about playing here vs a purely PVE server.
    Edited: September 26, 2019

14. I've recently been leveling a few toons horde-side, And though my time on horde accounts for probably 2% of total time played, I've already been griefed more times than I have playing Ally. Anecdotal, yet still quite profound if you ask me.

You go to quest at Hillsbrad > camped by skulls
    Go to quest at Booty bay > camped by 80's
    Go to STV > camped by packs of 80's

I haven't actually found a questing area where this doesn't happen, And so I just stay in cities and use the RDF to level. I thought it was bad from an Alliance perspective, but playing Horde makes you realize just how bad it is.

First 1234 Last