1. People using Mourne, queldalar and glorenzelg at low GS BattleGrounds

This doesnt need much introduction, with the latest changes that the warmane stuff has done, lowbies can finally match against people with the same gs, the only problem is that some people outsmarted the system (as usual) and have been bringing weapons from ICC (10/25 Nrmal/Heroic). The idea of playing with 2.0 to 3.5 Gs is to have equipment that any fresh lvl 80 char (and the ones that still dont do ToC5/FoS/PoS/HoR) can have, but when you add ICC 25 Heroic Weps to the mix, you only find people dying in 2 basic attacks, there's no skill involved in right clicking, and neither on a fight that has a duration of 1 to 3 seconds. This is just dumb and sad.

It's fun to finally be able to play bgs with my lowbies and not be matched against 6.5's, but there are some fixes needed to be made with this GearScore match battlegrounds system. The Warmane stuff has done a pretty good job and I hope they can resolve this.

(some technical stuff; I have been playing with a horde char with mercenarie mode on, Gs 3.5, 90% of items are lvl 200 to 220 or lower, I have seen people with high level weps both on ally and horde, they usually are 3.0 to 3.8gs)

PD: First time posting in a forum, If I published tgis in the wrong categorie, please post a response to where should I write all of this.

2. It's called twinking.

In the case you're mentioning, it could be that they are gearing up and have already bought that weapon and are waiting to get more gear.

3. You could save some money and help the lowbies have a better experience by not buying weps at the first 30 minutes of being 80.
    That would be a smart choice, but these people love the pure advantage of overpowering people with any possibility they have.

In any case, we could say that 50% of the people are jus gearing, and the other 50% are just doing anything to have an advantage, 50% is still way too much.

4. It's called donation abuse, if you donate for a 284 weapon and go to play Arena or BGs, your MMR should automatically adjust to play with 2k+ players, and not the general population... Go ahead, construct a fair argument to try and change my mind, because you can't. You're just another scumbag european donator trying to abuse broken items. Bucktoothed inbred hunchback eurofag with zero critical thinking skills and zero class., **** you, and **** this PVP design

5. Jesus christ this guy. Where's the "skill > gear" people talk about? Instead of just talking **** try and come up with a solution, like people who suggested brackets fixed the lowbies getting farmed, or mercenary helped horde win a bit more often now?
    I'm starting to think this is a hacked account trying to get banned.

Anyway, I hear there's lots of people doing that, I've seen some armory links where the dude has some lvl70 wrists and lvl60 pvp trinket to drop the ilvl. I agree they shouldn't be put in the same bracket. Maybe introduce a weighted ilvls? Like weapon ilvl would be double that of it's normal ilvl so they get higher average ilvl in the matchmaker? Or off parts have a lower ilvl? Having no wrists or wrathful wrists won't make THAT much of a difference so that slot would have lower weight.

6. the solution already exist, because wow retail dealed with the same problems.
    but hey, lets copy some features and forget about the improved pvp gearing system of later expansions.
    with real shop money, avoid the proved solutions is a natural thing.

7. You could save some money and help the lowbies have a better experience by not buying weps at the first 30 minutes of being 80.
    That would be a smart choice, but these people love the pure advantage of overpowering people with any possibility they have.
    Yes, it's called twinking.

Where's the "skill > gear" people talk about?
    That is false in WoW. Especially if you can buy the gear.

8. In my opinion, a quick solution would be to separate the pvp depending on item level and not gearscore, so people with an item level of 284 would face against other people with level 284 items.

I usually grind my gear slowly, not jumping from a lvl 170 piece to a 234. There were times I got garfrost's hammer and I knew I would have to compete against people with 4.0gs, thats how it works in many games.
    Well, in the end thats how I do things, but not everybody will have the same opinion as I.

I'm really starting to have curiosity on how could this be fixed.

9. It is based on ilevel, not gs. But an average ilvl over all slots.

What people seem to want is a bracket for 4k gs (3900-4100) and another one for 4.2 (4100-4300), then another for 4.4 and you get it, people want about 60 brackets which would make it just terribly slow for all.

10. This doesnt need much introduction, with the latest changes that the warmane stuff has done, lowbies can finally match against people with the same gs, the only problem is that some people outsmarted the system (as usual) and have been bringing weapons from ICC (10/25 Nrmal/Heroic). The idea of playing with 2.0 to 3.5 Gs is to have equipment that any fresh lvl 80 char (and the ones that still dont do ToC5/FoS/PoS/HoR) can have, but when you add ICC 25 Heroic Weps to the mix, you only find people dying in 2 basic attacks, there's no skill involved in right clicking, and neither on a fight that has a duration of 1 to 3 seconds. This is just dumb and sad.

It's fun to finally be able to play bgs with my lowbies and not be matched against 6.5's, but there are some fixes needed to be made with this GearScore match battlegrounds system. The Warmane stuff has done a pretty good job and I hope they can resolve this.

(some technical stuff; I have been playing with a horde char with mercenarie mode on, Gs 3.5, 90% of items are lvl 200 to 220 or lower, I have seen people with high level weps both on ally and horde, they usually are 3.0 to 3.8gs)

PD: First time posting in a forum, If I published tgis in the wrong categorie, please post a response to where should I write all of this.
    Uhh what. You're dying in two hits because you have no resilience by the sound of it. That would happen even if you didn't have a heroic weapon.

11. I bought Fal'inrush and specced MM with my 2kGS 14khp hunter. Huge difference. Lots of fun. Went from doing absolutely nothing to topping most bgs. Absolutely unbalanced.

Rogues with high level weapons are more annoying tho.

You're just another scumbag european donator trying to abuse broken items. Bucktoothed inbred hunchback eurofag with zero critical thinking skills and zero class.
    Love the hate, blame the game, not the player.
    Edited: August 26, 2019

12. Max ilvl restriction seems nice to put, like ilvl 232 (furious + rhc ilvl) on any single piece to prevent the abuse. We can see 3k sm players in higher bracket maybe but in long term it seems more fair.
    Edited: August 27, 2019

13. The devs could fix this anytime they want but they don't because the simple truth is they make a decent amount of cash from people twinking or buying early items. Heck I'm guilty of it.

You can't do much against people with 277+ weapons. That's just the sad truth. So I reckon some people just join the club. if you can't beat them, join them. It's sad because the bracket could be very balanced (more so than fully geared imo) with only a few changes. And gearing for it is fairly easy (just time consuming getting all the honor) and not time gated.

Want to fix low geared bracket? Here's some steps:
    1. Make it transparent so people know what makes you be in our out of the bracket
    2. Add furious weapon vendors on all servers
    3. Have it check the ilvl of the weapon to be on par with furious/rhc drops. If it's higher you get put in the geared bracket regardless of the rest of your gear.
    4. Have it check your average ilvl as it does now
    5. Have it not count item below a level threshold (similar to how BOA's work) to prevent people from cheesing by using low level items
    6. Make it so you can drop down to the bracket as long as you delete items that would prevent you from getting in (weapon or bring your average ilvl down enough)

3 and 5 are the most important.
    There you go, you now have a bracket that's fun to play, and pretty balanced.

14. Max ilvl restriction seems nice to put, like ilvl 232 (furious + rhc ilvl) on any single piece to prevent the abuse. We can see 3k sm players in higher bracket maybe but in long term it seems more fair.
    That would indeed be a better solution, but it would still get twinked. (however, it would be far less ******ed then it is now)

15. Another solution would be to implement a system like CSGO's, where each player has its rating (not known) used to find people with ratings as similar as possible. The key then becomes on what do you base your rating calculationa? I'd suggest every time you participate on a kill by a certain threshold (maybe of % hp), you get a rating increase and everytime you die you get a decrease. Based on the opponent's rating, of course. Winning BGs, objectives, etc would behave the same way.

12 Last