1. Don't do JC unless you have 20 alchemists transmuting epic gems for you every day. If you don't you will run out of stock and you'll have nothing to cut and sell.
    You can always buy uncut gem, cut it and sell with profit.

2. You can always buy uncut gem, cut it and sell with profit.
    Not enough profit.

3. Cut 20 gems and get at least 500g profit in under 5mins. Problem is not low profit, not the best as you said. Problem is having "seed" gold and that "oh my god I have to spend 5k gold for a stack of gems" moment, somehow making 5500 form those 5000 is something spooky for people.

4. Cut 20 gems and get at least 500g profit in under 5mins. Problem is not low profit, not the best as you said. Problem is having "seed" gold and that "oh my god I have to spend 5k gold for a stack of gems" moment, somehow making 5500 form those 5000 is something spooky for people.
    Competition is too high, AH cut for listing gems is high, mat cost very high, profit is low compared to things like enchants, epics, darkmoon cards. JC is just not worth doing right now if you have to buy mats. Uncut cardinal rubies sell for 250g and cut cardinal rubies sell for around the same. I don't know where you found that 500g profit tbh.

5. If you spend enough time in front of the AH and read trade/global, you'll find many people dumping uncut gems cheap.

I mean, if you look NOW in the AH, there may be a little difference in price between uncut and cut, but sometimes you can get a stack for cheap and get, idk, 500g off it.

6. If you spend enough time in front of the AH and read trade/global, you'll find many people dumping uncut gems cheap.

I mean, if you look NOW in the AH, there may be a little difference in price between uncut and cut, but sometimes you can get a stack for cheap and get, idk, 500g off it.
    Even if you do find gems that you can make 500g profit on. All the people undercutting you will force you to re-list your gems and pay that insane fee. Diminishing that 500g profit to nothing almost immediately.

7. Can happen, JC surely not the best to make gold, especially for beginning. But profit is profit, don't even have to undercut, gems go really fast. All those posted for 260 can disappear in 1hr and people will buy yours for 290 or even more.

I, personally, flip stuff that has no deposit costs, since I have time to log in once for 20mins each second day. But there was a time when I actively posted gems and all kinds of stuff, I learned that you rarely have to undercut to sell.

8. What's wrong with doing dailies? You get almost 50g per quest turn in. Then you get 50g for doing RDF, make a healer or a tank and instant que. It's so easy to make money on a 7x server, One time I made over 5k in one day just doing dailies and running RDF. On retail it would take 5 days to make 5k. So if you have a problem making gold here, then LOL.

9. Fishing/Cooking/ATG dailys is what i do for 600-700g a day. Aside of that crafting and selling food. Have alc alt for Transmuting Gems daily with transmutation mastery. Have Enchanting on my main from doing daily RDF i farm mats and sell enchants. Also buying the mats and crafting flask make good money as well. All this adds up and you slowly farm a bank.

10. Frostscale Leg armor is 380g to make and sells for up to 500g. Icescale leg armor is 390g to make and sells for up to 490g(on a good day), Eternal belt buckle 80g to make sells for up to 150g. Borean Leather stack 40g-50g, 3 stacks = 120g-150g =1 arctic fur which can sell up to 190g (40g-70g profit per fur). Darkmoon cards you can invest 60k into ink and eternal lifes and get 120k in decks out of it in few weeks very worth doing if you got some gold stored up with 0 farming required. Pets like Disgusting oozeling can be farmed within an hour in Ungoro and can sell up to 2k gold. Same thing with Dark whelpling, Gundrak Hatchling and so on. There are millions of ways of making gold non-traditional way. Just got to get out there and do it. I've made 400k gold in 1 month, 2 weeks.
    Edited: August 21, 2019

First 12