1. New updates to back-end?

I'm wondering if there's been any "secret" changes to the WotLK back-end, as I've been noticing many more random crashes and even certain addons fritzing (ElvUI for instance, you already, some months ago, made some change that prevented its utility to "throw out all the grey items in your bags" and instead make it a "I want to be disconnected" button) but now it's gotten to the point where I can't even log IN GAME with the same addons I had running fine on friday...

2. prevented its utility to "throw out all the grey items in your bags" and instead make it a "I want to be disconnected" button.
    For this you can thank the *****s that copy-pasted some macros and deleted their items, so the DeleteCursorItem() function now just disconnects you.

Now there might by more of those that are disabled or redirected to crash on suspicious calls.

3. Now there might by more of those that are disabled or redirected to crash on suspicious calls.
    if that's the case then they broke functionality for AtlasLoot and RatingBuster among others... basically any addon using certain Ace3 libs in conjunction with ElvUI will cause endless loading screen and game not responding

4. For this you can thank the *****s that copy-pasted some macros and deleted their items, so the DeleteCursorItem() function now just disconnects you.

Now there might by more of those that are disabled or redirected to crash on suspicious calls.
    LOL, I hope this is not the reason they did this change.